Detox Diets are not About Starvation
While some detox diets involve juice fasting or drinking herbal concoctions, you can achieve great results with a detox while still enjoying all five food groups:
1. Breads & Grains: There are plenty of options when it comes to eating from this food group. The key is to eat the right kinds. Avoid anything with white flour and stick to sprouted grains, spelt, quinoa, barley, and millet.
2. Vegetables: Eating veggies during a detox is one of the best ways to speed up your internal cleansing. You can pick from a wide variety of vegetables, but try to avoid starchy things like potatoes and squash and focus on more greens.
3. Fruits: These also fall into the category of detox-friendly foods. Eat them separate from other foods to ensure you get the most possible nutrients and enzymes. Drinking a fruit smoothie in the morning will kick-start your GI tract and help speed along the detox process.
4. Dairy: It is typically advised to avoid dairy products during a detox, yet people get confused about the health risks when they think they have to eliminate an entire food group. What this section of the food pyramid actually represents in terms of nutrient needs is calcium. Calcium is easy to get from leafy greens, certain nuts and seeds, and certain grains. Because dairy products are extremely hard to digest (most of the world's population is lactose intolerant) it's better to avoid dairy altogether. If that's not an option, you can buy raw milk and cheeses that are a better alternative than pasteurized products.
5. Protein: This group consists of meat, poultry, fish, eggs, beans, nuts, and seeds. Meat should definitely be avoided during a detox, yet you can get all the protein you need from beans, nuts, and seeds. Contrary to what many people think, protein deficiency is not a threat for the average American. In fact, most Americans consume too much protein in their diets that should be replaced with fruits and veggies.
6. Fats, Oils, and Sweets: Brace yourself. I'm about to tell you that you should drink more oil and eat more chocolate. The right kinds of oils (those containing EFA's that are non-hydrogenated) are actually beneficial to your digestion and overall health. Coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and flaxseed oil are among some of the oils that are good for you consumed in proper doses. When it comes to sweets, cacao (pronounced "cuh-cow" and different from cocoa) is a superfood. This means it's chocked full of beneficial antioxidants and nutrients in its natural state. You can buy cacao chocolate bars, use the powder to make deserts, or make a chocolate smoothie. Try to avoid refined sugars during a detox and stick to raw honey or plant-based sweeteners like Stevia or agave nectar.
By eating more of the "good stuff," your body will not only benefit from detoxing, but also from all of the vibrant, nourishing nutrients that you're giving it. Moreover, this kind of diet is easy to sustain even after you've completed a detox regime. Incorporating these habits into your daily diet will help you maintain a healthy body without depriving yourself.
To find out more about detox diets or to schedule a customized program with a nutrition expert, visit www.RadianceHealthSolutions.com
Related Tags: health, care, body, mind, diet, healthy, soul, happy, colonics, detox, solutions, radiance
My Mission is to inspire and help people transform their lives. I'm passionate about educating people about holistic health and empowering them to take charge of their health.
I'm passionate about sharing these strategies with others so they too can lose weight easily, have abundant energy, have vibrant glowing skin, live a life free of pain and disease and live their best life!
Recent articles in this category:
- Diet For Men - The Right Tips For A Healthy Body
Men should also focus on their diet when they're thinking about developing their muscles. When they'
- Buying Organic Produce On A Budget
Recently, there has been so much information out there on the importance of organic produce. As part
- Genf20 Plus: A Key To Battling Old Age
Old age definitely has its setbacks, and mostly, major ones. From the skin, to the eyesight, to the
- Herbalife Health Nutrition Products - Enhance You Endurance And Concentration
Founded by Mark Hughes, Herbalife is a company with a vision to improve the lives of you and I throu
- Strong Immune System Keeps Ailments Away
A weak immune system can attract ailments and diseases. Basically, the weak immune system is develop
- What Is Colon Detox Drink?
Indications for the requirement of colon detoxification- The secret to good health starts from withi
- Eating Junk Food Is Unhealthy - How To Stop Eating Junk Food?
Junk food is a term, applied to some foods that is unhealthy and has low or poor nutritional value.
- Are You Running A (nutritional) Deficit?
Nutritional deficiencies are a real and common problem in North America. It's a matter of convenienc
- The 2 Ways That Agriculture Has Caused The Current Decline In World Health
Archaeological findings continue to show the trend that health has declined ever since we developed
- Fruit And Vegetable Death Trap? The Nutrient Scandal Explained In 3 Steps
The problem with fruit and vegetables stem from a number of sources. The whole process by which the
Most viewed articles in this category:
- The Amazingly Simple Solution to Malnutrition
Moringa leaves could wipe out malnutrition in the world. Malnutrition is caused by an improper or in
- Preschool Nutrition
The guidelines that are set by the USDA "MyPyramid" provide a detailed nutrition program for prescho
- Calcium Carbide-the Illuminating Chemical Compound
Just like with other calcium compounds that contains the suffix -ide in their names, calcium carbide
- 6 Benefits of Low Carbohydrate Diets
Low carbohydrate diets are one of the easiest and simplest ways to trim down and have a sexy healthy
- Cheese and Migraine Dilemma
Cheese is one of many people favorite's food. Cheese can be eaten alone, or in the mixing with other
- Supplements: Do We Really Need Them?
People who wish they can just take a "magical pill" and all their health problems will be solved see
- Why Crohn's Disease And Nutrition Go Hand In Hand
The biggest problem caused by Crohn's disease the impaired function of the digestive system. Because
- Steakhouse Manhattan Will Give you a Taste of Real Steak
Manhattan is the commercial and the financial centre of the world, and several leading companies and
- 5 Warning Signs Your Diet Isn't Working
Let me ask you a simple question: do you feel you're getting the best results from your current food
- Stay Loose With Exercise And High-Fiber Foods
Are you miserable due to constipation? Don't want to talk about it? No one can blame you. It cert