How to Cure Acne Naturally
Unless your acne is due to a serious medical condition accompanied by other hormone-related symptoms requiring medical attention, natural acne remedies and herbal acne remedies are the best course of action to control and cure your acne in a gentle way.
Nature is a storehouse of a whole range of medicinal herbs and trees. According to naturopathic doctors, one of the root causes of acne is accumulation of metabolic toxins and excess hormones in the body due to slow activity of the liver and other organs involved in flushing out of body wastes. So, the emphasis is on internal cure rather than only on external symptomatic cure.
Some plants that seem effective for curing skin disorders and are used in herbal acne remedies - either for topical application or for ingestion - are German Chamomile (digestion-improving properties), Neem (blood-purifying and antibacterial properties), Witch Hazel (astringent properties), Goldenseal (antibiotic properties), Burdock (liver-stimulating properties), Echinacea (immune-boosting properties), Aloe Vera (skin-soothing properties), etc. Essential oils like evening primrose oil, lavender oil, borage oil, blackcurrant seed oil, etc., are also used in herbal acne remedies.
Some nutrient supplements that are very effective in acne treatment and are based on natural substances are: vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid, found in eggs and whole wheat), azelaic acid (found in wheat, barley and rye), zinc, selenium and chromium. These can be used along with your other natural acne remedies after consultation with your doctor.
However, since many herbs/herbal extracts might be toxic in nature if taken indiscriminately, it is always advisable to take only some standard commercially available herbal acne remedies or visit a reliable herbal medicines doctor. If you want some do-it-yourself home treatment, it is better to go in for natural acne remedies using off-the-kitchen-shelf products - e.g., steam-cleansing your face, applying a honey or a fuller's clay mask to the face once every 15 days or so, applying a dot of raw garlic juice on the pimple - in addition to maintaining skin and hair hygiene religiously.
Whatever natural acne remedy you are following, it always helps to pay attention to your diet, too, because, other than genetic factors, it is your diet that controls the functioning of all the internal organs involved in flushing out metabolic toxins from the body. Here are a few important diet tips:
· Avoid, as far as possible, consuming foods like red meat, cakes, pastries, cookies, pizzas, colas, etc., that are invariably rich in saturated/hydrogenated fats and/or in sugar.
· Ditch refined foods for fiber-rich, whole-grain foods.
· Eat 8 to 10 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
· Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.
· Take daily a multivitamin supplement that contains minerals like zinc, chromium and selenium.
Following a strict skin and hair hygiene routine, along with a healthy nutritive diet and regular exercise, will hasten the process of an acne cure with natural acne remedies.
Related Tags: acne, acne remedy, cure acne, acne remedies
Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- 6 Tips To Get Rid Of Acne Overnight Naturally
Most teenagers suffer from pimples breakout. It is most common among teens because their body is goi
- Sick And Tired Of Acne? Discover The Real Reason Why It's Not Going Away
You wake up and the first thing you do is make a bee line for the bathroom mirror, hoping against ho
- Debunking Some Myths About Acne And Diet
There seems to be a lot of cautionary tales about what you should and what you should not eat when d
- Total Skin Care Center -- Fillers
Lines and wrinkles that appear on your face can make you uncomfortable and self-conscious. Sometimes
- Prepare To Be Surprised - 5 Unique Acne Treatments For You
You must have heard about acne treatments in the form of topical creams, gels and liquids. But there
- Four Main Advantages Of Dental Implants Over Dentures
If you are missing your teeth and looking for a solution, there are many treatments through which yo
- 7 Treating Blackhead Acne Effectively Tips
Not all acne is the same. Simplistically, acne can be divided into red bumps and blackheads/whitehea
- Get Rid Of Acne Naturally With 7 Acne Herbal Remedies
Herbal medicine: Some herbs are known to have anti-inflammatory properties and, for that reason, the
- How To Keep Your Skin Clear: A Guide To Healthy Facial Products And Treatments
Have you ever wondered how some women just seem to have perfect skin? There are many of us who strug
- How To Clear Up Your Acne
Specially if the skin is suffering from acne, the care and control of acne plays a vital role for th
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Proactive Acne Medicine is Not Enough
Your face requires considerable care. Most people want to have a beautiful face, free from pimples,
- What To Avoid When Treating Acne
There are many products available for treating and helping to prevent acne. Some are developed espec
- Do You Suffer From Body Acne?
Usually, when you think of acne you automatically think of the condition affecting the face. However
- Acne - Retinoids
Retinoids are a class of prescription drugs that are used to treat the severe forms of acne known as
- Effects Of Acne On Adult Sufferers
It is a common misconception is that acne is a teenage problem. Indeed, many people who suffered fro
- Acne Scarring - Types Of Scars Caused By Acne And How To Cure Them
It is a misconception that you could avoid scarring your face if you properly cleanse your skin or r
- Can A Good Diet Really Help Acne?
Having a good diet plan is really healthy for you whether you want to get rid of acne or just want t
- Acne - Dermatologists
Dermatologists are skin specialists who treat disorders of the skin. But they don't just treat skin
- Truth and Myths on Acne Treatments
When it comes to acne, myths abound. Perhaps this is because this problem shows up just at the wrong
- Effective Treatments For Cystic Acne
What is Cystic Acne?Cystic Acne (precisely Nodulocystic Acne) is an acute or severe form of acne, wh