Protect That Bauble: Engagement Ring Insurance
So you've taken one of the biggest steps of your life by purchasing a ring and proposing to the woman of your dreams. This is the point where practical considerations begin to cross your mind.... Like, what if my woman is washing her hands and the ring slips off down the drain. Or what if the diamond falls out of the setting. Or what if the dog somehow swallows it.
There are several different types of insurance policies for jewelry. You need to carefully investigate each policy to determine what is right for you. Each one varies in annual costs and procedures for reimbursements.
Many people rely on their homeowner's/renters's insurance to cover them in case of a jewelry mishap. Unfortunately, home owner's or renter's insurance may not cover any or all of the cost of a lost or stolen diamond. However, you want to thoroughly check out your policy to discern exactly what is and is not covered. Common practice is for home/rental insurance policies to cover between $500-$1,000 for jewelry theft. However, such policies may not cover damaged or lost engagement rings or anything that happens to the ring outside of the homefront.
A replacement policy will refund the cost of replacing the ring with an identical new piece (i.e. comparable diamond size, setting and metal) at the current market value.
Actual value insurance policies are the most popular amongst consumers and also the most affordable. This type of insurance policy replaces the cash value of your engagement ring, but subtracts for depreciation. Another words, if you have a $3000 engagement ring but it is four years old, money would be deducted from the ring's value based on wear and use.
Valued At Policies are more uncommon as well as expensive. You set the value of your ring, which can actually be higher than the appraised value, when taking into consideration factors such as emotional sentiment. If anything should happen to the ring, the insurance policy will reimburse you for the value you set the ring at.
Ask the jeweler where you purchased your ring for insurance policy recommendations. They may have relationships with insurers and can potentially offer you a discounted policy. Also, look around on the internet and see what deals you can find. Make sure to investigate the company with the Better Business Bureau to see whether they historically have a solid reputation
Here are some questions you should ask potential insurers:
- Is there a deductible and how does it impact costs?
- What type of paperwork must I provide?
- Under what circumstances is the ring covered?
- Is the ring covered for the full replacement cost?
- Will the settlement be in cash or for a replacement ring?
- Are repairs covered for damaged rings?
Related Tags: engagement rings, engagement ring insurance
The author just celebrated her one year anniversary and sports a beautiful ascher cut ring. She and her husband put together the website: http://www.ultimate-engagement-ring-guide.com to help you find the perfect ring.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Motor Trade Rundown
It is not just cars that must be insured on British roads, every type of motor vehicle is required b
- Claiming Compensation For Defective Products
Compensation claims for injury and damage caused by faulty, defective products normally target eithe
- Ideas To Uncover Affordable Rate Auto Coverage
These days, everyone is looking for ways to lower expenses. Certain costs like home and car insuranc
- Should It Be Illegal For People To Drive Without Vehicle Insurance?
There are many drivers on the road who drive un-roadworthy vehicles. The worst part is not that they
- Do You Need Static Caravan Insurance?
Static caravan insurance is an automobile insurance that deals with vehicles that are used while on
- Insurance - Tool For Personal Finance Planning
Financial planning is must for every individual. When we start saving money for our goals, there is
- Family Life Insurance Policy For The Families Staying In Dubai
The main motive of insurance policy is to give financial security to the person's family especially
- Buying Temporary Health Insurance In Florida
You are the resident of Florida? You are between jobs and therefore are not looking for a long term
- Car Insurance Is Of The Utmost Importance In Today's Lifestyle
In today's hectic lifestyle we are always rushing to get from one place to another, whether it be ru
- Health Insurance Companies Are Using New Laws As An Excuse To Raise Their Rates
Government officials are cautioning insurance companies to stop utilizing scare tactics to steam up
Most viewed articles in this category:
- International Health Insurance: Insure Yourself While in Go
We all will agree that whether we are living in our home country or abroad, our health needs constan
- It's Never Too Early to Buy a Long Term Care Health Insurance!
Most people delay buying a long term care health insurance because they think that it is too early t
- Home Owner Insurance Quote: Stay Safe!
Your house will not be fully secured until and unless you have a home owner insurance policy. A home
- The Benefits of Health Insurance Are Immense!
Almost everyone in this world has fallen ill sometime or the other. Apart from illness, many people
- What Happens When You Make An Insurance Claim?
If you've never filed a loss claim before, you might feel nervous and confused about the whole proce
- Pet Health Care Insurance: Show your Pets That you Care!
Having a pet in one's household is a joyful experience. It can provide you with entertainment, compa
- Three Ways to Buy Long Term Care Without Paying Premiums Out of your Pocket
Stop 100 people over 65 on the street and ask them if they will ever need to go to a nursing home an
- Do I Need Diamond Ring Insurance
If you have to ask whether or not you need diamond ring insurance you probably do. There's somethin
- Choosing a Benefits TPA
The use of third-party administrators (TPAs) is one of the hottest trends in insurance today. Accor
- Who Needs Long Term Care Insurance?
With all of the statistics that are commonly used regarding the need for long term care, it would se