Communication, What is VoIP and how could it help my business?
VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol. To break this down more, it is simply a set of rules that allows voice to be sent across data networks such as your office network or the internet.
How does it work?
Your voice is broken down and converted in to IP packets by a VoIP device such as a VoIP telephone or phone system. Those packets contain an address and your voice. However unlike normal IP packets voice packet must arrive in the correct order for your voice to sound audible. Imagine sending someone a jigsaw piece by piece in the mail. You have to send the pieces in the correct order so the person receiving the pieces can lay them in the right order.
What are the benefits?
If you have staff that currently work from home or that could work form home then VoIP could be just the thing for you. Home Working is a proven way to increase productivity. By using a VoIP phone at home your staff will be connected to the office phone system as an extension just as if they were sat in the next room. They will be able to benefit from all the features of your phone system including visibility of other extensions, call recording, call logging, screen popping and much more.
For a company with more than 1 office, VoIP is essential. Not only are all inter-site calls free (saving you money), but productivity is also increased as calls can be taken at any site. So if one site is busy calls can be routed to another site.
If you have branches outside the UK then by using VoIP and intelligent call routing you could save a fortune. Inter-site calls are free which is a great saving when making international calls but intelligent routing of calls is also a great way to save money. Calls are routed out of the office most local to the number you are dialling. Eg. I have a London office and a New York office. When I call a supplier in New York, instead of paying international charges, I route the call through my New York office automatically. Now that call is a free call as local calls in the States are free.
Not enough Cat 5 points? No problem with IP Phones. Just add a small data switch to add more points. Or daisy chain your PC's off the back of an IP phone. If you have an Avaya system you will also get Quality of Service as standard on the phones. This means your IP Phone will automatically prioritise voice traffic over any data from you PC, such as email.
Related Tags: phone system, telephone, telephone system, small business phone system, small business telephone system, phone system supplier, rent telephone systems
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Telecommuting Articles - Global Mobile Application Market (2010-2015)
Global Mobile Application Market (2010-2015) The success of Apple's Application Store has not o
- Telecommuting Articles - Mobile Phones Deals :The Other Name of Pleasurable Life
Mobile phones are the best part of out life. Today, we not even use them as a device for communicati
- Communication Articles - Nokia Phones Contract - With Quality, Style and Trust
It is well known that the Nokia is a brand that has got a very special place among the mobile phone
- Communication Articles - HTC PayG Phones - The Mixture of Freedom and Great Services
HTC is a well known brand in the mobile phone manufacturing world. With each new launch this company
- Telecommuting Articles - LG phones -Attracts You With Amazing Features
To sustain in this competitive world LG is one of those brands which have totally amazed the mobile
- Communication Articles - Mobile Phone Insurance Timely Protection against Theft, Loss other such damage to your handset
Most of us, let us acknowledge, are scatter-brained and at least, slightly disorganized, to say the
- Communication Articles - Pay as you go mobile phones- an affordable deal
Pay as you go deal is one of those plans which have become so famous these days among every class of
- Consumer Articles - Freedom of communication with Pay monthly mobile phone deals
The mobile phones have come of age with the advance mobile handsets. The current Mobile Phone
- Communication Articles - Nokia Phones Leading the Way to the Future of Mobile Communication
Nokia has just got on its website the 'The Way We Live Podcast' under its technology section. The su
- Communication Articles - Mobile Recycling - Get Materialistic and Moral Benefits Together
It is a well-known fact that people have a lot of craze to buy new handsets in the present scenario.
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Tips for Getting the Best Mobile Phone Deal
Mobile phones have become a means of communication in the car, at work, on vacation or anywhere else
- Ringtones Symbolise Uniqueness
Ringtones are sounds that your mobile phone makes when you receive a telephone call. There are loads
- Mobile phones - an integral part of our daily lives!
Mobile phones have become a part and parcel of our lives; the day-to-day existence of many among us
- Latest VoIP News - How to Encrypt Your Conversations
Much press has been received in relation to security concerns regarding VoIP conversations in additi
- Musical Phones
Do you have visions of being placed on hold, waiting for someone else to come on the line, repeating
- GPS Systems and How They Work
The GPS system utilizes satellites that have been put into orbit that help people determine their ex
- WHY IS EVERYONE ON ABOUT XML?
In the traditional world, a telephone handset was a telephone handset. In the new world of IP, what
- Get Rid of Your Cell Phone Contract Without Penalty !
Get Rid of Your Cell Phone Contract Without Penalty ! by James HooperHave you ever been so fru
- Security/Privacy for Home VoIP - Don't Just Think VoIP
Much disussion has centred around the security and privacy aspects of VoIP as well as significant is
- Mobile phones and their Multiple Uses!!
A great way of staying connected even if you are far away is mobile phones. They provide the users w