Picking the Right Science
The easiest way to choose is having an interest in one of the choices. For example, I took Biology, Chemistry, and Physics in high school and got decent grades. When I got into college, I picked Physics because it seemed most interesting. College work is much more rigorous than high school, though, and I barely passed both semesters.
If you have no real interest one way or another and you aren't planning to be a scientist, the next best approach is to examine your strengths and weaknesses in other areas. Are you a math genius? Biology, Astronomy, and Geology don't require much math; Physics can be pretty math-intensive, with Chemistry somewhere in the middle. Like animals or gardening? Biology is filled with living things, but you may want to ask if you're squeamish about dissections.
(My friend was going to take Biology until she found out they were dissecting a cat. She switched to Geology, where dissections are done with a hammer.)
You might also want to sample the subject, if you aren't sure what to expect. Check out a textbook at your local public library, or review a few learning resources on an Internet study site like College-Cram.com.
Whatever you pick, it's best to stick with a single subject for both semesters. It's kind of like a freezing cold pool -- once you're in up to your waist, you might as well dunk your head.
Hopefully this helps you make your course selection a bit more scientifically.
Related Tags: science, college, university, astronomy, chemistry, physics, biology, geology, requirement
Rudy Lopes is Vice President of Content Development for The Smartacus Corporation and College-Cram.com
Publishers: You may repost this article in your web site, Ezine, or blog but you must retain all links
Copyright (C) 2006 The Smartacus CorporationYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Be Competitive With Computer Program
Do you speak the language of programming? No, I'm not kidding. Computer programmers and analysts hav
- Make Green Living Your Career As An Environmental Protection Technician
The focus on green living is shifting from just reuse, reduce, recycle to the use of solar energy, e
- The Whole Truth About Sat Tutoring
Preparing for the SAT examination can be a trying experience. It requires months of dedication, pers
- Art And Design Foundation Studies Prepare You For A Creative Career
A career in the creative field of visual arts takes talent, skill and a strong foundation. There are
- Specialization In Finance Is Most Desired Amongst Mba Students!
Specialization in MBA-finance is perhaps the most desired and sought after finance courses in India.
- Online Degrees: The Different Method Of Education
Education is amongst the most vital things which an individual can have. It's very important in the
- Why Online Education Is So Excellent
We're so accustomed to seeing college students go to school and obtaining their education the conven
- Hr Degrees That Fit Your Career Goals
Figuring out which HR degree is right for you begins with clarifying your career goals within the fi
- What Are Apprenticeships And What Are The Benefits?
By definition, Apprenticeships are a new generation of training which combines the study of a specif
- Let Us Browse Through Some Of The Top Science Colleges In India
With an immense supply of talents, India is fast emerging as a perfect destination to locate high sk
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Tips For Getting Scholarships
College isn't cheap. It's a serious investment that can have a wonderful return. If you are concerne
- Accenting Higher Education for Young Minds
There are so many universities in the UK, USA, Scotland and Australia. Approximately 4.8 million stu
- 4 Sure Fire Ways To Immediately Boost Your Success In The Mba Group Discussion/ Personal Interview
Having cleared the written test for B- Schools such as IIM's, XLRI, IIFT, FMS- Delhi, it is importan
- 3 Surefire Methods for Arts Graduate to Succeed in the MBA Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Being an Arts Graduate, you should do away with the notion that you would not be Good enough in the
- Ways To Pay For Your Master Degree - That You May Not Have Thought Of Yet
Paying for any college education, including earning your master degree can be expensive. It is a maj
- Importance of Career Planning
Career means profession, which we want to adopt for earning livelihood, and planning means proper fl
- Key Factors to Consider With Bad Credit Student Loans
Education is important today, particularly for those who are less fortunate in life. It's their tick
- Teacher's Training
In an attempt to boost student achievement, a public-school district teamed with a university to put
- Acing the SAT Essay Test Even If You're a Bad Writer: A Step by Step Guide Part I
As if the multiple choice questions weren't enough, the New SAT requires test takers to provide a sa
- College Scholarship Program Application Process
The necessary process to apply for a college program scholarship is not different from applying for