The Key to Do-It-Yourself Wedding Video Success-Pre-Production
We cannot emphasize this point enough. If you skip this step, or just give it a cursory going-over, you are going to be very disappointed (and maybe even angry) with the final result. If you spend adequate time and effort on pre-production, the rest of the production will flow as smoothly as water running downhill.
The responsibility of pre-production is going to fall on the bridal couple and the person they designate to produce their wedding video.
The bridal couple's main pre-production responsibilities are:
1.Think about, decide and write down exactly what they want captured (videotaped) the day of the wedding. This should be done approximately one or two months before the wedding, with final clarification at the wedding rehearsal.
2.Choose the person (Director) who will be in charge of producing the video. This can be family or friend volunteers.
3.Clearly communicate to the designated Director, exactly what they want captured (videotaped) the day of the wedding. This conversation should take place approximately two weeks before the wedding. It's important to be clear and exact, because if you don't shoot it you won't have it.
From this point forward, the responsibility of the wedding video should be assumed by the Director. The Director should make sure that the following pre-production tasks are completed:
1.Meet with the bridal couple to discuss what should be videotaped for the wedding video. Don't be afraid to ask for clarification when unsure about anything. Take clear notes.
2. Gather all necessary video/audio equipment. A minimum of two cameras is highly recommended…three are even better. Make sure that at least one video camera has the following features: a)Jack for external audio (Mic In), b) headphone jack, c) external light, d) flip out view screen, e)internal camera microphone, AC power adapter
Also, be sure to provide a minimum of two, fully charged batteries. for each camera you will be using.
3. Make sure that each camera is mounted on a tripod.
It doesn't matter if you use VHS cameras, DV Cams or Film Cameras, but a tripod is the one of the MOST IMPORTANT pieces of equipment you will be using during the shooting of the wedding.
4. Purchase sufficient blank videotape cassettes for each camera you will be using. Ask the couple how long they expect the wedding to be, then purchase enough videotape to cover twice that length of time.
Example: If the bride tells you she expects the wedding to last one hour (60 minutes) then purchase enough tape to cover two hours (120 minutes) for each camera. This ensures that you will have enough tape for the wedding and the reception. Its better to have too many tapes than not enough.
5. Plan to attend the wedding rehearsal
These five pre-production tasks should be completed no later than one week before the wedding rehearsal/wedding. Following these pre-production steps will put you well on your way to making a do-it-yourself wedding video look as professional as the professional's.
Related Tags: wedding, camera, bridal, couple, wedding video, brid, videotape, tripod, videographer, bridal couple
Olivia is an independent video producer with over 15 years experience an a writer, producer, director and editor. To learn how you can save money by producing your own professional-looking wedding video, visit Wedding Video Secrets.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- What to do After the Affair? - Seek Counseling or Get a Divorce?
Whether to stay married or not after the affair is a very difficult decision to make. When you first
- Important Things to Consider When Making Cheap But Good-Looking Wedding Invitations
Coming up with a great wedding invitation doesn't have to cost a fortune. Many brides these days opt
- DIY Beach Wedding Favor Ideas
One of the most fun and exciting themes for weddings is the beach theme. Whether you are holding you
- What You Should Consider Before Proposing
Getting engaged is one of the most exciting things you will ever do. As soon as you ask, your future
- Creating Wedding Table Plans With a Snowplough
One of the things people often don't seem to realise when it comes to creating wedding table plans i
- Tips on Choosing Jewellery For Weddings
Every bride knows exactly how important wedding jewelleries are, and it holds a big part in the plan
- Is Your Husband Having Emotional Affair? - What You Should Do
A husband having emotional affair with a colleague at work, an old friend or online does not automat
- How to Use Candles in a Wedding Ceremony
A person's wedding is the most awaited occasion in their lives and thus they wish for it to be perfe
- Unique Reception Entertainment on Your Wedding Day
People always look forward to weddings. Whether they are part of the entourage or just simply guests
- Wedding Guest List Issues - Children at Your Wedding
A wedding is generally an all-adult event, but with these times, where guests travel from miles away
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Mail Order Bride Success Rates
In recent years, thousands of young women have come to the USA by way of marriage to western men. Th
- Wedding Planning - Current Trends In Wedding Accessories
ATTIRE Wedding attire choices for WOMEN have become less traditional and more of personal preferenc
- Ukraine Brides - Wealth of Cultural Heritage
Before the girls become Ukraine brides they are fiances. An engagement ceremony takes place where bo
- Newest Place Card Holders of 2007
Soon a special event will be taking place in your life and it is a must to have your reception hall
- Brides Cut Wedding Flower Costs with DIY Arrangements
With the average cost of professional wedding flower arrangements running between $500-1200, it's no
- Back to Basics - Why Women are Attracted to Men?
Women are attracted to men and have been since the beginning of time because that's the way they wer
- 8 Steps for Choosing the Perfect Groom's Cake
Guess what? You don't have to follow tradition anymore! It's safe to say that your women gue
- Playing Santa
If you are a couple that is looking to spice up your sex life or you are kinky and looking for some
- Unique Wedding Favors
So you have finally made the decision to take the final step and get married. What an exciting time
- Newest Beach Wedding Favors of 2007
So your are soon to be married and are really thinking about having a destination wedding on the bea