Computer Forensics And Forensics Data Recovery
Secure the Scene.
Assign an safety officer to manage the scene. Preserve the area for potential finger prints Leave computer in the state found. Document how they were found with photographs and written documentation. Immediately restrict access to computer(s). Isolate from phone lines (because data on the computer can be access remotely).
Identify which machines are stand alone or network based. If the computer is network based then some of the data might reside on another machine. Below is a rule we follow when collecting evidence:
• On/Off Rule for Forensics data recovery and evidence gathering.
• If the device is "ON", do NOT turn it "OFF".
o Turning it "OFF" could activate lockout feature.
o Write down all information on display (photograph if possible).
o Power down prior to transport (take any power supply cords present).
• If the device is "OFF", leave it "OFF".
o Turning it on could alter evidence on device (same as computers).
o Upon seizure get it to an expert as soon as possible or contact local service provider.
o Make every effort to locate any instruction manuals pertaining to the device.
One of the key elements in every data forensics procedure is time. Users may unintentionally or inadvertently overwrite evidence simply by continuing to complete their daily tasks. Collecting and preserving data or evidence that may have been deleted or become inaccessible through normal computing methods is an important consideration. Determining what information needs to be gathered before hand is critical to a cases success or failure.
Related Tags: data recovery, computer forensics
A computer Forensic Services specialist is available in Los Angeles to address your needs.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Free Internet Security Software from Google
Selecting the internet security software for your computer can be a daunting task for most home user
- Home Key Logger - Track Computer Activity
What goes through your mind when you think about a home key logger? Do you think about a rogue progr
- Computers and Electronics Have Changed The Way We Live
You push the on button and your monitor screen springs to life. Next, you use your mouse to bring up
- What PacketShaper Can Do For You?
What is PacketShaper?It is an application-intelligent traffic management system which delivers predi
- Key Logger Software for Your Computer
One thing that many of us are concerned about is the safety of our children and what happens when th
- Keep Your PC Healthy With Computer Tips & Tricks
Everybody just has to have a computer these days. Life without a computer is unimaginable. I am sure
- Antivirus - What is a Computer Virus?
Before understanding what a computer virus is, it is necessary to understand what a virus in when it
- Gibberish Spam Email - Why Do Spammers Send It?
We have all seen many spam emails that just make no sense. They contain pure gibberish in the subjec
- Your Children And The Internet - 5 Tips To Keep Your Children Safe While They Are Online
If your children are on the Internet you may be concerned about their safety. We hear stories regula
- How To Compare Residential VOIP Offerings
Many people are turning to VOIP phone for several different reasons, the biggest reason being cost.
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Experience the new Microsoft Zune and Future Technology with Bill Gates at CES Keynote
After the demonstration of Windows Vista by Bill Gates at the CES keynote, Robbie Bach, President of
- Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP
This articles explains in detail how to set up a small network at home so you can share your Interne
- Nortel VPN Client Overview
The Nortel VPN Client creates the secure connection for VPN users into a private network. Once you l
- Computer Phobias
Years ago around the end of January I would develop Chinophobia (fear of snow). Maybe it was becaus
- iPod Stuff: How To Set Your iPod's Alarm Clock
The good thing about the iPod alarm clock feature is that you can wake up with the tune of your favo
- CCTV: the story continues
CCTV – Closed Circuit Television – for some time at least has been used by various gover
- Why Someone Stole My Mobile Phone
Not so long ago my mobile phone was stolen. I kept asking why I was the one who got targeted, especi
- Computer hardware simplified
Computer Hardware is a comprehensive term which refers to all the physical parts of a computer inclu
- Office printers: introduction to technology and types
With every bit of information transfer and manipulation going digital these days, almost the entire
- A to Z of Mac Parts
The Mac OS: Mac OS runs smoothly. That's what I noticed first off. There's very little waiting, very