Nine Tips For Decorating Your Master Bedroom
1. Furniture. It is important that you make a decision on what kind of furniture your need for your room and then measure the room prior to making any purchases.
2. When buying dressers and chest of drawers for items that will sufficiently hold your clothing, lingerie, jewelry and bedroom linen. You can also use the tops of these for holding a TV or stereo if you have one in your bedroom.
3. If you have enough space consider purchasing an armoire (large upright chest with 2 or 4 doors) if you require tall storage space but not enough room to include a wardrobe in your design. A lot of the armoires now available come with a rod inside on which to hang your clothes as well as pull out tray on which a television, stereo or computer can be stood.
4. When looking for a nightstand select one that you can easily reach from your bed and has at least one draw in it to hold any belongings that you do no want continually on show.
5. Also consider purchasing a mirror as this will create the illusion of space in your room. However if you are purchasing one that will be stood on your dresser then measure the dresser width so that they match.
6. Buy a duvet or comforter cover for your bed so it feels cozy when you get in at night to sleep and select matching sheets and pillowcases to add that final finishing touch.
7. If you want to really add a nice finish touch to your master bedroom and great a little feel of luxury then include some decorative pillows as well.
8. The lighting in your master bedroom should be warm and inviting, however it should be bright enough so that you can read but soft enough that you feel comfortable and relaxed in your room.
9. Finally why not paint the walls to give them a fresh new look and why not go for colours that will match in with the overall design of your room. However, do not go for harsh colours as they will only make the room feel cold and uninviting when you step into.
Hopefully decorating a master bedroom will be much easier for you now by following some of the tips which are provided above.
Related Tags: home improvement, remodeling, interior design, decorating, interior decorating, bedroom
Lee Dobbins writes for www.moving-and-more.com where you can learn more about making your move easier as well as reducing your moving costs.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Tips For Changing The Basement Apartment Into The Cheerful Place
A basement apartment is identical with a dark place that usually could not offer the feeling at home
- The Great New Stylish Home Decoration
Creating a new stylish decoration commonly require a high price including the budget to buy some new
- Refurbishing Your Kitchen For A Timeless Look
General preservation of old homes is a favorite conversation for householders of vintage houses but
- Simple Steps To Restoring Your Padded Dining Room Seating
While many people would feel comfortable hanging wall tapestries or wrought iron wall crosses or eve
- Skylights Texas
Sleep under the Stars with Texas SkylightsBe it glass, fiberglass or polycarbonate, skylights in Tex
- How To Choose Shabby Chic Furniture Styles
It can easily be considered that shabby chic furniture is something of an oxymoron, since furniture
- The Character Of Chandeliers
Picture a room in which chandeliers hang from the ceiling. Before you start rolling your eyes and wo
- Why Buy Cheap Venetian Blinds?
There's nothing inappropriate about getting low cost Venetian blinds. Nowadays you can buy incredibl
- Using Swags Window Curtains For A More Elegant Appeal
Living in a house that is well-decorated can make you feel so comfortable and relaxed. Having a well
- Flat Roof Skylights
Flat Roof Skylights: Be Your Neighbor's EnvyThe trick to creating the feel of spaciousness and addin
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Home Decor Shopping On The Internet
You need not struggle with the decision on what to buy when you are shopping for home decor for your
- See the Difference Feng Shui Color Can Make for You
Those familiar with Feng Shui know that this science has special colors associated to each of the ei
- Stage Lights
A live performance is considered the ultimate head rush for many. An act before a crowd leaves no ro
- Bedspreads are the First Decision When Designing Your Master Bedroom
Why would you want to start with a Bedspread? The best answer is that there are an almost infinite
- Some Interesting Decorating Styles
There are a lot of reasons you may be looking into decorating a bathroom. Perhaps you have just boug
- Mix and Match Your Decor for You
Many of us become almost obsessed with decorating styles. We worry about what the current style tren
- Candles: Elegant and Popular
Walk into any home these days and if there is an aroma in the air relating to fruit, apple cinnamon,
- There's A Place For Everything With a Closet Organizer
When people think about organizing their lives to save time, they rarely think that their closet - t
- A Personal Review of the Tempur Pedic Mattress
My wife and I bought a Tempur Pedic mattress back in the early days when most people hadn't heard of
- Natural Square Area Rugs: Getting Squared Away
Oh, no. You have a square room, and you are feeling boxed in by your decorating dilemma. Four iden