Shad Puts Safety First - for Free
An annual health and safety awareness day is being staged in Stoke-on-Trent to give workers within the construction sector a wealth of practical advice - for free.
The Safety Health Awareness Day (SHAD), now in its fifth year, is aimed at smaller firms in the building and construction industry - from sole traders up to those with 15 employees - in the Staffordshire and South Cheshire area.
Taking place at The Britannia Stadium on Thursday, October 2, the event offers visitors a choice of morning or afternoon sessions to attend.
Featuring demonstrations and workshops by leading experts in the health and safety field, each session will be opened by Ian Whittingham MBE.
Ian, a former roofer, has been confined to a wheelchair following a fall at work in 1993 and has since campaigned tirelessly for improvements in health and safety in the workplace.
In previous years more than 300 people have attended the event and this year the organisers hope to attract an even bigger audience.
Trevor Fletcher, spokesman for the North Staffordshire Health and Safety Group, which helps to organise SHAD, said: "This event brings together a wealth of information on topics including working at height, manual handling, occupational health and asbestos in refurbishment - as well as an exhibition area to look round.
"Generally speaking smaller firms can often struggle to access such a range of training on health and safety, but this event brings it all together in a convenient format.
"It is a great opportunity to get all this advice, support and guidance for free. The event is popular, so we would urge people to get in touch as soon as they can to book their place."
As well as the North Staffordshire Health and Safety Group, organisations offering support and practical advice to the programme include J & S Seddon, Kier, Redrow, Persimmon, Speedy, Taylor Wimpey, Laing O'Rourke and Countryside Properties, Stoke-on-Trent City Council, MH Safety Services and the Health and Safety Executive. They are all bringing their own experience of health and safety to share with delegates on the day.
Chris Comerford, of Fenton-based J & S Seddon, which has lent its support to the event since its launch in 2004, said: "SHAD provides a great opportunity to work together, share best practice and learn how to make the industry in this area safer."
To book places on the day and for further information call 01782 237214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All attendees will receive a certificate and a Health and Safety Information Pack.
Press release issued by Jane Shepherd, Shepherd PR Limited, 01538 308685 - on behalf of SHAD.
Related Tags: safety health awareness day
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Business News Articles - Getting Everything You Need from a Global Relocation Company
Building relationships... The International Relocation Company that you choose will be a vital
- Christianity Articles - Israeli police sent on wild-goose chase
My unjust deportation from Israel was undoubtedly due to these chief factors: 1) I received a
- Business News Articles - Dimmable LED Lighting - Energy Efficient Dimming Technology
LED lighting over the past 40 years made great strides towards becoming a viable alternative for ene
- Press Release Articles - Mitsubishi iMiEV Wins "Car Technology of the Year" Award
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC), announced today that the "MiEV OS" integrated vehicle control s
- Spiritual Articles - Free Online Tarot Card Readings
All of us would like to know our destiny. Some of us make use of free online tarot card readings sin
- Press Release Articles - Mass flow Stodge Channel Ciawi
Mass flow is estimated that 20,000 people came to the road along the road Ciawi in regard to follow
- Computers Articles - New Conduction-Cooled ATR 6U VPX Platform from Elma Provides Exceptional Thermal Performance
FREMONT, Calif., August 2009 -Elma Electronic Inc.'s Systems division announced today the new conduc
- Research Articles - How Do I Find Public Records the Easier Way
How do I find public records fast and easy? That is the common question for people seeking to get ac
- Current Affairs Articles - The burden of proof in Michael Jackson case lies with the prosecution.
A man is born, he grows, he matures and he dies. In the intervening years between his birth and deat
- Fitness Articles - A cardiac arrest is quite a different diagnosis than that of a heart attack.
Blood vessel dilators and constrictors: Lidocaine, a local anesthetic has dual properties. It acts a
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Making the Most of Holiday Leftovers
Holiday time means turkey, and turkey usually means leftovers. Now you can jazz up roast turkey and
- Online Bookstore Offers the Best Fiction and Non-Fiction Books
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:Margate, FL, June 2006. Do you love to read a good sci-fi book? Are you
- Modern Cash Flow Turns Paper into Cash - Making Magic for Investors, Noteholders
What would you do if you won the lottery? Virtually everyone has spent at least a few minutes daydre
- Ak CreativeWorks Celebrates 19th Successful Year Providing Creative Services To Southland
Mission Viejo, CA – ak creativeworks, a creative services firm serving Los Angeles, Orange and
- Digimaker .NET CMS builds a new portal for FAST
Fast Search & Transfer™ (FAST™), the leading developer of enterprise search and real
- Rodedawg Hottest Amphibious 4x4 Competes as Leader of Off-Road
With fuel efficiency rated at 25 miles per gallon and a sticker price of just $49,000, the new 4x4 a
- How to start a nursing agency business guide!
Fort Collins, Colorado – April 29, 2006 -- National Nurse’s Week is May 6-12 and once ag
- Expansion of Nucleus Data Recovery Centers
New Delhi, India - Nucleus Data Recovery is pleased to announce its expansion. Now we are easily app
- How Can Press Release Increase Web Traffic?
When a business has little or even no budget to promote, "Press Release" is the most advan
- Becoming a Mistress-controversial in Its Own Right
Becoming a Mistress is the title of the first Mistress Series Short Stories by Destiny Blaine. It is