2004 'Clio,' Bodegas El Nido
The 2004 has just been released and we tasted it yesterday; it is every very bit as good as the two prior vintages. This consistency is a byproduct of Jumilla, Spain which is a semi-dessert terrain and has very consistent climate.
At the helm of this Spanish knockout is Australian superstar winemaker Chris Ringland. His Clio is a blend of 60 year old Monastrell (also known as Mourvedre) and 25 year old Cabernet Sauvignon vines. The wine exhibits a dense purple color along with a rich layering of dark fruits and roasted coffee and earth. It is a full bodied wine -- but not overpowering -- great concentration, multilayered mouth-feel and an extremely long finish.
Without question this wine out-drinks Jordan, Silver Oak and Stags Leap at a fraction of the price; it can be enjoyed now with meats or any other hearty meal. Even better, it has the structure to cellar for 8 to10 years if you can resist its temptation.
Visit us at http://www.englewoodwinemerchants.com/ to view our selection of fine wines, or call us at 201-568-8820. Englewood Wine Merchants is a fine wine and spirits retailer located in Englewood, New Jersey. We ship within the United States.
Related Tags: spain, red wine, cabernet sauvignon, spanish wine, monastrell, jumilla
Andrew WellischYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Understanding The Home Made Wine Making Method
Many people love to sample different types of wine, but sometimes, you just can not find one you rea
- How The Internet Can Help You Choose The Perfect Wines With Confidence
How do you choose the right wine for a special occasion without being bamboozled by wine merchants o
- An Elegant, Thoughtful And Elite Wine Gifts - Perfect For All Occasion
Wine gifts are considered as 1 of the best presents for men. They come in a selection of tastes, vin
- London Bars
An ultimate London experience surely includes catching a glimpse of the Buckingham Palace, strolling
- Vinotemp Vt-28teds Thermo Electric Digital 28 Bottle Wine Chiller
If you are looking to buy a freestanding wine cooler to house your tasty wine collection or perhaps
- Haier 6 Bottle Wine Fridge - Small And Compact!
You all know the old saying that good things come in small packages, well it is true with this space
- Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator - Does It Improve The Taste Of Your Wine?
The Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator is a must have for any wine lover or avid enthusiast. Every wine
- New World In More Ways Than One - The Universe Of Wine Online
What is wine? The distilled and matured juice of grapes. It's also, according to the aficionado (of
- Alcohol Free Wine! Explore The Great Discovery
Alcohol free wine is quite healthier just like its traditional counterpart, rich in minerals and vit
- Haier Wine Cooler Refrigerators - For Storing Wine
You will find many people around always complaining about the problem of storing their wine. So answ
Most viewed articles in this category:
- 6 Benefits to Making Your Own Wine
Ever thought what benefits you can reap by making your own homemade wineMaking wine is an art that i
- HomeMade Wine Making-Some Things You Might Not Know
As wine has become more popular in the United States and growing steadily every day, there has been
- What Do You Need A Wine Bottle Rack For?
There are increasing numbers of wine lovers each year globally; in fact on a noticeable level even d
- A Wine Rack Cabinet As An Addition To Your Home
The art of decoration has taken on a life of its own, inspiring a host of books and reality televisi
- Break Up Your Winter Reds With An Elegant White Burgundy
If you are like me, you ate a little too much this holiday season and you made a resolution to shed
- Spinetta's Finest Baby Barolo Yet
Last week we were at a blind tasting in Manhattan which featured wines from Piedmont, Italy. Out of
- Brunello Fans Meet Your New Spanish Favorite
f you have been following our newsletters - and we hope you have - we recently featured a fantastic
- Spring Mountain Vineyard
Spring Mountain, a hilly sub-district of Napa, is no exception producing unique and exceptional Cali
- To Really Enjoy Superb Wine - Top-up with NAD
When an alcoholic beverage is swallowed, it passes through the stomach into the small intestine wher
- I Love Italian Wine and Food - Aosta Valley Region, Piedmont Wine
If you are looking for fine Italian wine and food, consider the Aosta Valley region of northern Ital