The Manifestation Destiny
For all those who favored math (or science, or English, or lunch) over history, Manifest Destiny was the belief that the United States was destined to expand from the Atlantic Seaboard to the Pacific Ocean. It was the obvious (manifest) choice of fate (destiny) for the U.S. to expand.
I believe we are in the middle of something very similar here. We are in the midst of an internal expansion, and we are going into uncharted territories. Back then the fear of expanding into a new land were hostile tribes, wild animals, and tricksters looking to make a quick buck. Today we have inner fears, doubts, and questions of self-worth that act as obstacles keeping us from venturing forward. Back then, there were guides who lead caravans of people into the new world. It was a physical expansion, and the quality of the guides often determined the success or failure of the caravans. Today, we have authors, coaches, and other teachers who have ventured forth and are willing to guide the way. Are there tricksters amongst them as there were in the wild west? Sure, and that is for you to judge.
So what does this inner expansion mean? It means that we are destined to reconnect with our higher selves and to raise human consciousness. We are going where no other generation has gone before. As a human race, we have colonized outer worlds, and now it is time to colonize and cultivate the most important of all worlds-the world within. The human race stops, and the human discovery begins.
And as always, we can learn from history. As the old adage goes -"Those who do not learn from history's mistakes are bound to repeat them."The western expansion, our country's Manifest Destiny as it was known, was a time of adventure and glory. It was also a time of great lessons. And I wonder how many of those lessons are applicable to today's manifestation destiny. Here are my top three lessons.
1) Be willing to see beyond the illusions. As the brave settlers moved westward, all they saw was wild land, and harsh opposition. The trails that many followed to the west were littered with carts and other people's belongings. Often bodies were found floating in the rivers. However, those who made it saw beyond that. They saw a bustling farm where there were only weeds. They saw their children playing in open lands instead of seeing dangerous strangers. They saw life where there was barrenness. So it is with us today. We have to see beyond the illusions of the life we have created. We have to see what we want to create and hold steadfast to it, because those who do will reap the rewards.
2) Trust your inner-compass. There were no real "do's and dont's" back in the West. What made one person millions could easily ruin another. The only way to really succeed was to trust one's intuition and one's inner compass. I have clients who come to me and say "but I don't know how." It has been so long that they have forgotten, and often I help them get back in touch with it. The bottom line here is that there are many ways that work, and you must choose the one that resonates best with you.
3) Don't let detours get you down. Often a caravan of wagons would take many detours before arriving at their destination. This was due to various reasons-hostile tribes, or unexpected depth of rivers, or even news of bandits up ahead. However, the ones that persevered made it to the land they had been dreaming of for so long. Such detours occur while we fulfill our manifestation destiny as well. We feel that one way just didn't work or we disagree with someone so we give up and go back to our old mode of thinking-of reacting instead of creating. We start to re-think this inner expansion, because honestly change can be discomforting at first. The settled East was comfortable for many and they stayed there, but the pioneers who dared to venture forth created new worlds for themselves. They blazed the trails.
We are the trail blazers that are venturing forward to get in touch with our high selves and raising human consciousness. It is our "Manifestation Destiny" to do so.
Related Tags: consciousness, attraction, law of attraction, manifestation, intentions, manifestin, human awareness
Shama Hyder is a an international coach, speaker, and the creator of the phenomenal WOW coaching process. Her purpose and mission in life are to empower others to reach for a divine life. You can visit her at http://www.divinereachcoaching.com and http://www.shamahyder.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- 3 Proven Success Tips That Never Fail
If you are looking for ways how you can achieve great success in your life, this will be the right a
- Success Principles - 3 Powerful Tips That You Cannot Miss
If you want to be successful, continue to read on and you will discover the 3 powerful tips that wil
- Life Is Full Of Opportunities If You Stop And Look Around You
Yes I do agree that life is hard especially when you consider the challenges that come with it. But
- Dream Big, Aim Higher…start By Listing Goals Now
Life is just like a piece of coin, every coin represents every experience, all the knowledge and eac
- 6 Reasons To Use An Abundant Life Coach
We live in a time of fast-paced, seemingly insensitive, frenzy; it is, in fact, sensory-overload. It
- How To Develop A Winning Mindset
1. Give yourself permissionI know it sounds simple but one way to begin winning on a consistent basi
- Life Balance: Tips From A Yoga Class
It can be tricky to find that place of balance in life. Juggling work, family, community and persona
- 5 Guaranteed Tips That Will Get You Motivated In An Instant
Do you want to learn how you can get motivated immediately? If you do, this will be the right place
- How To Achieve Great Success With 3 Powerful Techniques
If you are living in mediocrity and you would like to have a change, this will be the perfect articl
- A Funky Success Article - The Blonde Caper
Benjamin Pennyworth considered himself a closet James Bond.He felt certain he was a 007 agent yet to
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Succeed With Goals Using Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) and Positive Self-Talk
Do you long to breakfree from persistent, life-sapping issues ruining your life or holding you back
- The Secrets of Attraction and Manifesting - Part I
We can often be so tied up in our every day realities that the thought of creating something we cons
- Speed Reading For Success
We are living in the Information Age where knowledge and action are the keys to success. Business pe
- On A Pathway To Wealth We Incur Many Risks
Do these quotes ring true of you?'I am scared to go against the crowd.''I am scared to be the best m
- Don't Mess With Big Bird
This is a story about someone else...not me. It's about Ralph - yeah, that's his name - Ralph!Ralph
- If You're In Fear Of Something - Put Your Coat On!
I remember when I was younger some of my 'supposed' friends used to tease me about being scared of s
- Staying Off the Emotional Rollercoaster
We all experience this one constantly. Be it personally, professionally or anything else, we all kno
- The Irrefutable Law of Success - It is About Giving and Not Necessarily Receiving
The beginning of the year is that time when people start to bring out their pens and pads and jot do
- Stepping Outside the "Financial Box"
The title of this article is significant for two reasons. Firstly, because it defines the type of bo
- Losers Ask "Why?" and Winners Ask "How?"
There's a saying you may have come across, especially if you're in sales or sports or any walk of li