Carp 'Dough' Bait Recipes and Formulas - Nutritional Homemade Baits
I've analyzed the ingredients of commercial 'high protein carp feeds,' to show you the feeds ingredients and nutritional values. This information provides a practical easy guide to designing and making 'balanced profile' food carp baits, and a clearer understanding of a carp bait ingredient and components:
• Wheat meal: (Binder) 70 % Carbohydrate, this has a very digestible protein content of 14 %, essential amino acids, trace elements, vitamins E, etc.
• Fishmeal: The bulk high protein provision; providing 65 to 86 % of the full carp dietary protein requirements with essential amino acids and essential fatty acids (Oils,) also.
• (Often milk derivatives such as casein, sodium or calcium caseinate, and lactalbumin are used to provide high quality proteins in carp baits and even beef gelatin are all used, frequently with fish and shellfish meals in carp baits.
• Maize Meal: (Binder) 80 % Carbohydrate content. Protein provided: In parts 8 % to 19 %. It also provides 8 of 10 carp requirement essential amino acids, minerals, traces etc.
• Canola: (Oilseed rape meal.) This provides oils high in omega 3 essential fatty acids, and is lower in saturated fats than any other oil, containing more cholesterol balancing monosaturated fats, than any other oil except olive oil. It is also an excellent energy source. Carp baits need an excellent energy source.
• Soybean meal: (Binder.) This meal provides 45 % carbohydrate, 45 % protein, 10 % fat, also 0.6 % phosphorus. (A carp essential mineral.) Soya is often used with semolina in economical low protein carp baits.
• Amino acids: For a 'balanced amino acid profile.' Brilliant carp attractors in their own right and used extensively in modern commercial carp baits!
• Salt: Sodium chloride is essential for life, especially in blood and cell functioning, digestive juice, highly regulated in the body. An amazing carp feeding trigger!
• Vitamins: carp essentials are especially C, B6, B12, A, D, E, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folate (B9), pantothenic Acid.
• Immune stimulant: unknown, but spice oil extracts could play this role in carp baits.
• Prebiotics: Unknown. However garlic and onion with the active component s-allyccysteine plus others, work very well in carp baits. For carp health and attraction these are brilliant carp additives in both oil and granular form! Bee propolis is also used in commercial carp feeds for this purpose.
• Palatability enhancer: Unknown, but yeast extract is a very common and effective and nutritional taste enhancer. Many taste enhancers and flavours have evolved especially for carp fishing.
• Colourant: Unknown, but a carp attractive sweetener like caramel is probably used. Edible dyes of any colour, even 'day -glo' are available today, for use in carp bait making!
• Spirulina: (Soluble Blue-green algae.) - Very healthy! Protein content is 62 %, fats 7 % (mainly Gamma-linolenic acids.) It stimulates the immune system with very high levels of beta-carotene (4 Milligram's per gram) plus other carotenes with important antioxidant effects. It provides polysaccharides which also have antioxidant effects too. Carp essential vitamins provided are: B12, thiamin, riboflavin, iron, and zinc. Spirulina is a very nutritious fish meal replacement or addition to your carp bait!)
Importantly, the overall contents revealed for bait making purposes are:
Total Protein: 38%.
Fat: (Not less than 7 % within the ingredients.
Phosphates: (Not less than) 0.7 %.
Calcium: (Not more than) 0.3 %.
Feeds for use in water temperatures under 55 Fahrenheit or 13 Degree Celsius:
• Total protein content: 30 %
• Added rice, peas and wheat germ for easy, digestible energy
• Wheat germ: Protein content: 28 %. (A very easy to digest protein.) Also provided are: 10 % fats (polyunsaturates,) vitamins B1, B9, niacin and minerals traces, selenium and zinc.
Other 'winter formula' feeds had a protein content of 28 %, and also addition of wheat germ with a reduced fish meal content so reducing the proteins and fat source.
• The cold water bait could based on these examples consist of:
Total protein content: 29 %.
• Carbohydrate type food content: 71 %. (Including additional soluble fiber for increased digestible energy.)
These ratios have proven effective in carp baits in so many catches in so many differently designed carp baits over the years, that you won't go far wrong with them! (Warning: Please note that copyright applies to this article.)
By Tim Richardson. 'The thinking man's fishing author' and bait guru.
For more information see: http://www.baitbigfish.com
Related Tags: fish, fat, homemade, expert, fishing, bait, carbohydrate, protein, ingredients, proteins, baits, carp, catfish
By Tim Richardson N.D.C.H. The 'thinking man's fishing author' and bait guru.
For more information see: http://www.baitbigfish.com
Tim is a leading big fish angler with many incredible catches to his name. He is also a nationally recognised carp and catfish bait guru in the UK. His best selling bait making manuals are used by members of the elite "British Carp Study Group" for expert reference. This comprehensive information and research can help beginners and experienced anglers alike.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Fishing Tackle Review: Greys Sea Spin Lure Fishing Rod
Since I am an avid lure angler, I'm always looking for new gear. My tackle box is full of equipment
- Five Essential Fly Fishing Tips To Help You Catch More Trout
Fly fishing is one of the most preferred freshwater fishing methods, and it is especially effective
- Coarse Fishing Tackle: Daiwa Exceler 3500 Reel Review
Hi, It's me again. Being that you are a coarse fisher means you need to be effectively ready for a w
- Free Advertising For Fishing Vacations And Discount Vacations
Do you own a fishing or outdoor related business? How about a travel site offering discount vacation
- Trout Fishing Secrets: What Trout Don't Want You To Know
It's no secret that trout fishing is one of America's favorite leisure sports because of the trout's
- Catching Trophy Bass - Tips For Hauling In The Biggest Bass
Techniques for catching trophy bass will vary according to the season. Bass migrate like crappie, bu
- The Truth About Trout Fishing Flies
One of the best (and most exciting) ways to catch trout is the fly fishing technique. Contrary to po
- Trout Fishing Lures - Can You Ever Have Enough?
Have you ever been to a sporting goods store with a large fishing section? The selection of fishing
- Fishing For The Magnificent Brook Trout
The Beautiful TroutNot only are Brook trout considered the most beautiful in the trout clan, they ar
- Right Trolling Motor Mount For A Complete Fishing Experience
Imagine a fishing day when you could not catch a fish just because of the wrong trolling motor mount
Most viewed articles in this category:
- How To Make Your Own Custom Fly Leaders
A properly designed and well-made fly leader serves as a vital connection between the fly line and t
- Homemade Boilies - Making Baits With Predigested Protein Ingredients
Predigested ingredients in dough / paste baits 'ground baits' and boilies are awesome!When used as m
- Ketchikan Fishing For Cruise Ship Passengers
Ketchikan is located in Southeast Alaska on Revillagegedo Island. Revilla is accessible only by a
- Ultralight Fishing - The Most Enjoyable and Effective Way To Catch Fish
There are far too many anglers among us who believe that the most effective way to catch a fish is t
- Do You Want To Catch More Fish? Then You Must Read This Article
There are some simple steps that you, the angler, can take in order to increase the amount of fish t
- Carrying Live Worms While Fishing?...Problem Solved
Anyone who spends any time fishing with live worms deals with the problem of carrying that silly lit
- Essential Expert Tips for Making Your Homemad Carp Baits and Catfish Baits!
How to creating a 'dry powder base mix' and how to mix this with other ingredients successfully:The
- Making Homemade Fishing Baits -- Skyrocket Your Catches With This Powerful Information
Have you ever wondered why one guy seems to catch the biggest fish again and again, while the major
- Fishing Northern Large Mouth Bass in Big Bear Lake
The Northern strain Bass only have time during the year to grow inches compared to the Florida strai
- Winter Ice Makes Fishing Fun
With winter quickly approaching, people who live in some of the colder regions of the country are pr