Contact Lens Advice to Alleviate the Misery of Hay Fever Eyes
Seasonal allergic conjunctivitis, also known as hay fever eyes, is very common in the UK. As the name suggests, it is an allergic reaction to tree and grass pollen that builds up in our atmosphere as the weather gets warmer. Those who suffer from the condition complain of itchy, red, watery eyes whilst in severe cases the eyes become so sticky that it hurts to open them.
The problem can be exacerbated in contact lens wearers largely because dust and pollen can get trapped beneath the surface of the lenses.
Although it is certainly advisable to seek medical advice and help if you are a lens wearer suffering from seasonal allergic conjunctivitis, the following tips might also help:
1. Ideally you should try not to wear your contacts if it is very dry and dusty outside. If you do still want to wear your lenses in these conditions, consider wearing sunglasses as well. This will help to provide a barrier between the dust and pollen and your eyes and lenses.
2. Don't wear your contact lenses while mowing the lawn.
3. You could try asking your optometrist about lubricating eye drops which might help moisten your eyes and relieve your discomfort.
4. If the pollen count is particularly high, think about wearing glasses instead of your contacts.
5. Be careful not to get suntan lotion on your lenses as this will make your eyes sting- ideally you should not even sunbathe in your contacts.
6. If you are out and get dust in your eyes, avoid the temptation to remove your lenses and either rinse them under a tap or in your mouth.
Related Tags: contacts, hay fever, contact lenses, lens, lenses, hayfever
One Stop Contact Lenses is the UK's largest independent online contact lens retailer. We sell contact lenses at unbeatable prices- we promise to match any price that beats ours!Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Change Your Eye Color With Colored Toric Contact Lens
Have you suffered from blurry vision even when you're wearing contacts? If you have you might ask y
- The Final Assessment - the Examiner's view
Peter Chapman has written an insightful piece about the upcoming Final Assessments. As one of these
- How To Improve Vision Through Eye Exercises You Can Do Anywhere
These eye exercises can be done almost anywhere or anytime. You engage in regular physical activity
- Discount Color Contacts - How to Get the Best Deal
How it is safe to buy color contacts online?If you make comparison between online contact lens shops
- Complications with LASIK
LASIK, surgery to reduce or eliminate the need for eye glasses, has become very popular over the pas
- Let's Take a Closer Look at Laser Eye Surgery
Our vision is probably the most utilized sensory faculty that we have. For most people the ability
- A Guide to Sunglass Lens Add-Ons or Upgrades
So you have decided to step up and purchase a new pair of designer sunglasses. Sounds simple right,
- What Is Lasik Plus?
You have heard about Lasik surgery for several years and you know many people that have had this lif
- Stagnant Liver Qi - The Cause of Many Eye Problems
Do you have a blockage in your liver qi?Disharmony in our health can often be traced back to stuck l
- Tips to Reduce Computer Eye Strain
Bye-Bye Computer Headaches Nine out of ten computer users experience eye problems such as blurred vi
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Are you A Good Candidate For LASIK Surgery?
Do all people make good candidates for LASIK surgery laser vision correction? Not according to repor
- Seeing Yourself in a New Light - The Advantages of Wearing Contact Lenses
"Gee whiz, look at his eyes""I can tell by the look in your eyes""Private eyes are watching you"We t
- Little Known Facts About Lasik Eye Surgery - Part II
Can Lasik eye surgery fix extreme nearsightedness? I heard it can't fully repair the problem.The sol
- Critical Factors You Need To Consider Before Getting Laser Eye Surgery
The eyes are one of the most important and most used sensory organs we have. Thus it is absolutely v
- Helping the Blind
For the last decade, groups of cell biologists, chemists and physicists all over the world have been
- Los Angeles Lasik Eye Surgery: Understand It
Throughout Los Angeles, lasik eye surgery is a fast growing procedure that more and more people are
- Critical Tips To Know Before You Purchase Contact Lenses Online
When you were still young, your parents probably encouraged you to eat plenty of green leafy veggies
- Possible Effects of Laser Eye Surgery
What are the possible effects of laser eye surgery? Laser eye surgery is not as risky as it used to
- Get Your Vision Back: 5 Effective Exercises For Training Muscles In Your Eyes
You can save your vision and even improve it with special exercises because you can train any part o
- Lasik Surgery Orange County Style
I am sure many of you have stories about the time you noticed that your sight wasn't what is used to