Rules of Array Penny Stock Trading
For all you penny stock traders out there or anyone interested in learning some basics rules to trading. I have put together some rules that I follow when penny stock trading.
1. Never, ever, ever add to a losing position: To do so will eventually and absolutely lead to ruin. Remember Long Term Capital Management and its legion of Nobel laureates who broke this rule repeatedly and went into forced liquidation. Learn this lesson... well and early!
2. Capital comes in two varieties: Mental capital, and that which is in your account: Of the two, mental capital is the more important. Holding losing positions costs measurable sums of actual capital, but it costs immeasurable sums of mental capital.
3. The objective is not to buy low and sell high, but to buy high and to sell higher: We can never know what price is "low." Nor can we know what price is "high." Always remember that Nortel fell from $85/share to $2 and seemed "cheap" all times along the way.
4. "Markets can remain illogical longer than you or I can remain solvent," is a brilliant statement from our good friend, Dr. A. Gary Shilling. Illogic often reigns and markets are inefficient despite what the academics try to tell us.
5. Sell that which shows the greatest weakness, and buy that which shows the greatest strength: Metaphorically, when bearish, throw rocks into the wettest paper sack, for they break most readily. In bull markets, ride the strongest winds.
6. Think like a fundamentalist; trade like a technician: It is imperative that we understand the fundamentals driving a trade, and that we understand the market's technicals also. When we do, then, and only then, should we trade.
7. Understanding psychology is usually more important than understanding economics: Markets are driven by human beings making human errors... and also making super-human insights.
8. Be patient with winning trades; be enormously impatient with losing trades: Remember, it is quite possible to make large sums trading/investing if we are "right" only 30% of the time, as long as our losses are small and our profits are large.
9. The Hard Trade is the Right Trade: If it is easy to sell, don't; and if it is easy to buy, don't. Do the trade that is hard to do and that which the crowd finds objectionable. Peter Steidelmeyer taught us this 25 years ago and it holds truer now than then.
10. There is never one cockroach: Bad news begets bad news, which begets even worse news
Related Tags: stocks, investing, stock market, hot penny stocks, penny stocks, stock message board, penny stock picks, stock chat room
Rob is the owner of Penny Stocks and Stock Picks - SHO , stock message board that teacher others how to trade and has a stock chat room to discuss stocks through the day. Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The Secrets to Getting Low Down Payment Car Insurance
Upon purchase of a new car, there is almost always a requirement to buy an auto insurance policy as
- The Wisdom Behind Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
No one in his right mind would not go for a good deal. In fact, everyone is out on their feet and ru
- The Benefits of Auto Insurance Comparisons Florida
Insurance can be expensive. This is something everyone knows about especially in the sunny state of
- Auto Insurance Florida: The No-Fault Policy
There are different kinds of car insurance offered by a wide range of providers today. Different sta
- Finding the Cheapest Auto Insurance Companies
Everyone is asking and searching for the cheapest auto insurance companies available today. Consider
- How do You Compare Private Health Insurance Cover in Australia?
Deciding what is the best and most affordable private health insurance cover can be easy if you take
- How Payment Protection Insurance Was Mis-Sold
For over six years the issue of Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) and how it was mis-sold to custom
- Finding Quotes For Auto Insurance Online
One of the many concerns when you are shopping for auto insurance is being able to get access to quo
- How You Can Find the Best Auto Insurance Online
When it comes to renewing your car insurance you are going to quickly discover that there are a numb
- Guidelines For Searching For Auto Insurance Online
The internet can be a great source of discounts and values related to auto insurance. However, many
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Trading Forex With Pivot Points
Forex Pivot Point Trading are used today by Forex Traders and are calculated on the previous days mo
- Where To Search For Free Grants
Where do you look for free grants? The search must be thorough or it could be an exercise in futilit
- The Connection Between High Blood Pressure and Salt
We are a society of Salt Addicts. It cannot be denied. When you look at the things we do and the pla
- Tips For Avoiding HYIP Scams
Before knowing about HYIP Scams, refer to the functioning of HYIP or "High Yield Investment Programs
- Getting Credit After Bankruptcy
Consumers do not have to live sans credit following a bankruptcy. By following certain steps consume
- Tips For Choosing A Credit Card
Are you looking for that perfect credit card? If so, you may be confused about what exactly to look
- Cheap Car Insurance For Teens Online
Many elements determine a car insurance policy. Car insurance companies look at the person's age, hi
- What Exactly Is Free Grant Money?
You can apply for free grant money from various government agencies. But where exactly does this mon
- Small Business Owners Marketing and Customer Service
Marketing can be time-consuming, but it doesn't have to be hugely expensive now, thanks to the Inter
- Apply Online For A Credit Card - How To Choose A Card?
The best type of credit card for you will be dependant on how you intend to use the credit card. Are