How To House Train A Dog
When your dog is not confined, be alert to signs that it needs to relieve itself, such as an abrupt stop of play, circling and sniffing and running out of the room. If you catch your dog in the act of eliminating in the house, scold it and take it outside immediately. It is important to note that urination during an excited greeting is an involuntary, natural behavior in dogs. Sometimes called submissive urination, it can mean that the dog recognizes that you are the leader, or in the alpha position.
Reprimanding your dog in this situation may only worsen the problem, as this may cause it to urinate more in order to show further that it views you as the one in charge. Usually, this behavior stops by the time the dog reaches two years of age.
Again, no good will come if you give correction long after the act. Clean up any accidents with vinegar water to remove the scent; otherwise, the dog will continue to use that place to eliminate.
Related Tags: how to house train a dog, how to house break a dog
Did you find these tips on how to house train your dog useful? Do you want to learn a lot more?
Visit http://DogTrainingSecretRevealed.blogspot.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Dog Barking - The Message Behind The Noise
Dogs use a wide range of noises to communicate their feelings about everything. If you have a vocal
- Training Aids for Your Special Dog
If you are one of the many dog owners of today that are having a hard time controlling your canine p
- Optimizing K-9 Health And Performance
Every Working Dog handler knows that "Failure to Thrive" and "Hip Dysplasia" are big issues for Shep
- Dog Life Jackets-Don't Let Your Dog Become Another Tragic Statistic
Providing easy visibility and high buoyancy, a dog life jacket or dog life vest is essential for the
- The Separation Anxiety Dog - How to Protect Your Dog From Home When You Leave Home
If you've got a dog that suffers from dog separation anxiety then you are probably afraid to leave y
- Beardie Sam Goes Missing (4)
It was a freezing January morning - one when the earth truly stood hard as iron, the water like a st
- Benefits of Homemade Dog Food
Homemade dog food is exactly what the name implies - dog food that is made from home. There are man
- Homemade Dog Food - Treat Your Dog to Recipes Fit for a King
It's just a fact - dogs enjoy people food. Dogs love to eat steak, hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza and
- Dog Beds! - No, Orthopaedic Dog Beds... Would You Believe it?
I look back at photographs of our wonderful Cocker Spaniel "Sally" and shake my head in disbelief.Wh
- What Genetic Diseases Should Goldendoodle Breeders Be Testing For In The Parents?
What genetic diseases should goldendoodle breeders be testing for in the parents?Goldendoodles are s
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Is An Anatolian Shepherd Dog Puppy The Right Choice For Me And My Family?
The Anatolian Shepherd Dog was developed as a large dog to guard livestock. She is powerful, and rug
- Dog Training Equipment
Dog training is a method of teaching your dog to perform certain activities through obeying your ord
- Your Dog And New Year's Resolutions
The New Year is a time for making resolutions, things that you want to change to make the year a bri
- I Am Thinking of Buying a New Puppy
When you bring home your new puppy, they are so cute and playful, jumping around and getting into ev
- How to Raise Your Dog
So you have decided that you want a pet and have chosen a dog as the animal you would like to share
- Chihuahuas Get a Solid "YES" Vote From Paula Abdul and Other Celebrities
She may not be able to put up with Simon Cowell and his sharp-tongued criticisms on American Idol, b
- Dog Air Travel - Tips for Traveling by Airplane With Your Lovable Dog
Luckily for dog owners, these animals travel by air better than cats. If the dog is accustomed to ca
- Dog Behavior Problem: What To Do About It?
Many of us have lovely dogs, which are like a member of the family. Everyone in the family loves the
- Top 5 dog behaviour training tips
Hello fellow dog trainers and people alike. Now, a lot of people have contacted me recently to ask m
- How To Keep Your Dog Free of Fleas
Fleas are more than just disgusting; they will carry several serious diseases, parasites and even we