Why Steel Buildings Aren't Safe From Thieves
Why Steel Buildings Aren't Safe From Thieves
While you might not realize it, steel buildings and metal buildings have become a thief's dream for reasons that you might not expect. These buildings may be tough on the weather and pests, but they just can't hold up to thieves that realize the fortunes that lay in the frames. By stripping construction sites and new homes, these thieves have been able to make money for themselves as the price for aluminum and copper continues to rise. Is there anything that you can do to protect your construction site?
First of all, you need to realize that a home that isn't finished is still the responsibility of the contractor to protect - and that means you. By showing your customers that you value their home, you will earn their trust as well as repeat business from referrals or from the clients themselves. You want to treat their home as you would want your own home to be treated - or even better. With this attitude in mind, here are the ways that you can protect their investment.
- Security workers - You can hire security detail to monitor the construction site when you will not be there. These security details aren't necessarily expensive and need only be used during the evenings when other security measures will not work. You will want to thoroughly investigate each of the security guards that you hire with a full background check and check any references they might offer. These guards can either sit in their car to watch the site or they can drive by at regular intervals, depending on your personal preference and needs. As the house is built up, these security details can be minimize as other security measures can be used.
- Alarm systems - Each construction site should have some sort of theft deterrent system that either sounds a loud alarm or silently alerts the police to a possible theft. A combination of the two types of alarms can be an effective way to head off thieves. You may want to choose a silent alarm for the beginning of the criminal act so that police have time to respond, and then have the louder alarm go off for neighbors to respond more immediately.
- Surveillance cameras - By installing security cameras, you can create an invisible method of catching thieves that want to steel from metal buildings and steel buildings. These cameras will not be able to work in darker lighting, but they can be affective for days that you might not be at the site - holidays, rain days, etc. Be sure to check the quality of the film to be sure that you can discern the identity of the thieves that are caught on tape.
- Fences - Many constructions sites have opted to put up high fences to keep thieves from taking the copper and metal scraps from the site. These are physical deterrents that can be combined with any of the other methods as well.
When you have a construction site that will someday be the home for a family, doesn't it make sense that you take the time to protect their investment and their future?
Related Tags: construction, steel buildings, metal buildings
Author: General Steel is one of the most recognized names in the industry for top-quality pre-engineered steel buildings. General Steel is a company that has a reputation for excellence in the Steel building industry. They are into manufacturing of Steel Agricultural Buildings, steel aircraft hangars.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The No. 1 Rule For Projecting Confidence - Speak With Authority
One of the most important characteristics a person can project in a business setting - or any situat
- After the Autumn Checkout European Debt Crisis and U.S. Brewing Rebound
In the commotion caused by the Fed on interest rates come to an end, the "disastrous" for the euro a
- Advantages Of Arcade Game Rentals
There are many different advantages to arcade game rentals. Most people need something to release th
- A General Primer on Truck Cargo Nets
In modern highways it is quite rare to see truck cargo nets in action, this is because they are usua
- The United States Will Burst More Severe Financial Crisis
Not long ago, suddenly announced that the central bank to raise interest rates, the interest rate hi
- Niche Marketing Profits - 3 Easy Steps to Finding a Profitable Niche Market Income in 10 Minutes
Like most beginners I was having a very difficult time trying to find a niche market to earn extra m
- The Importance of Hospitality Management Consulting Firms Toronto
Businesses and the managers that help guide any business are in a constant state of improvement and
- New Keynesian Theory Label
2010 winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics three theories have been labeled as "New Keynesian" labe
- Federal Reserve Pouring Money QE2 Unpredictable Fortune
U.S. economist Milton Friedman proposed a "throw the cash from a helicopter" view, while the practic
- Fiscal Consolidation Should no Longer Delay
British Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne today announced fiscal consolidation policy, shoc
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Common Financial Problems to Avoid
One must first change their habits and not procrastinate. American Consultants Inc at offers key fi
- How a Bad Hire Can Hurt Your Business
What's worse - hiring the wrong person or not hiring anyone at all? Companies can become almost des
- Joel Comm Is Dr. Adsense
What is Adsense? If you are new to making money online and net marketing, you may not know what Ads
- 5 Steps For A Dynamic Wealth System Online
Recipe: Opportunity + knowledge + Dynamic Wealth System + Your Action = Massive Success!!! Step 1
- How To Stop Foreclosure
Losing your house to a foreclosure can be very scary. There are times when circumstances are ou
- How to Always Pitch A Strike
As business owners, we are always working on new ways to convince people to become customers, client
- Membrane Diffuser Solutions for Wastewater Treatment Systems
In the aeration basin of a typical wastewater treatment plant there are both organic and inorganic m
- Another Year Hating Your Job or Loving Life?
Copyright © 2007 Mary Foley I've come to the conclusion that to be successful - really successf
- Dyestuff Industry In India And China
World demand for dyes and organic pigments to touch $10.6 billion in 2008According to a study on dye
- Cma-cgm Case : the Series of Lawsuits Continues in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, England and the United States
Damietta company case : The series of lawsuits continues in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, England a