Installing A Burglar Alarm
- Date: 2007-01-21 - Word Count: 450 Share This!
Want to protect your home? Ready to install a burglar alarm?
The popularity of the home burglar alarm continues to grow in the US as more and more Americans install alarms to ensure the safety and security of their family and property.
Many Americans go for the simple do-it-yourself system, which can be wireless or hard-wired. The alarm, in this system, goes off when an intruder breaks the electrical circuit. This triggers a siren that is loud enough to wake up the entire neighborhood.
The buyer can choose an alarm system that uses an open circuit or a closed circuit. In an open circuit system, the circuit is completed when a window or door is opened, and the alarm is triggered. In a closed circuit system, the exact opposite happens. When a window or door is opened, the circuit's connection is broken and the alarm goes off.
The more sophisticated burglar alarms are using motion sensors. These sensors use infra-red rays to sense any movement. Any changes are transmitted to a control panel, which analyzes the signal. If the signal is above the "high suspicion" levels, the alarm is triggered.
Several Americans prefer to install both motion sensors and electric circuit-based alarms, to have the added protection for their homes. The advantage of such a system is that large, open spaces (like halls) can be better guarded with sensors.
A lot of home burglar alarm systems use video cameras. These cameras are mounted at strategic places around the house. Their job is to transmit any images to a central monitor in the house for screening.
Several home security companies also offer centralized monitoring of the premises. The home owner, in this case, need not worry about security but can leave it to the security company. When the alarm is triggered, the security company informs the local police. In some cases, the company also rushes its own emergency team to help the customer.
Some of the more popular burglar alarm systems are:
1. Single premises alarm systems. These are meant to warn customers of specific dangers. These alarms include battery operated door wedge alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, smoke detectors, etc.
2. Local alarm systems. These are designed to sound a siren to warn the homeowners about the presence of an intruder.
3. Telephone dialer systems. These are designed to dial a pre-programmed number if a particular alarm is triggered. Usually these systems can be programmed to call up to four numbers, and play a recorded message requesting help.
4. Continuously monitored security systems. These are definitely the most hi-tech and effective systems. They are also the most expensive systems. When an alarm is triggered, the monitoring team of the security company that installed the alarm alerts the police.
Barbara Anderson is a writer for several popular online magazines, on home and family and home tips themes.
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Important Things to Know About an Assisted Living Residence in Texas
n assisted living residence is a facility designed for senior citizens or persons with disabilities
- Understanding How the Probate Process Works
The probate process is required within the U.S. to settle estates of deceased persons. The time requ
- Fun Ideas for the Family During the Christmas Holiday
The Yuletide season is one of the most awaited holidays of the year because it is the time for joy a
- How To Find The Right Composite Decking Deck Builders
Another rising home improvement project homeowners are starting to do a lot more of is the composite
- Every Home Should Have A Radiant Barrier
The most easy and successful home improvement project you can do to your House, would be to install
- The Different Types Of Rain Gutters
When purchasing a house or planning to do improvements to a home, there is always one project that s
- How To Get The Best Replacement Windows For Your Home
Installing replacement windows can be the single most important home improvement project you can do
- Holiday Accommodation Gold Coast: Pointers For Selecting The Best
With a multitude of holiday accommodations in Gold Coast, choosing the one for yourself can be quite
- Want Holiday Accommodation In Gold Coast Queensland? Get Online To Find The Best Deal In A Quick, Co
There are several ways to find holiday accommodation in Gold Coast. You may refer to travel guides t
- Celebrate The Ten-days Festival Of Navratri.
Dasara known as Dussehra, Navaratri, Vijaya Dashami is a festival of triumph of GOOD over Evil. The
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Adoptees Need Support When Voicing Feelings about Birth Parents
"I feel like a mistake.""I'm not like them.""Where's my family?""Why can't I find a suitable career?
- Progressive Cooking: All About 'cuisine'
The French are known for their interest in art and all that is fine. It therefore comes as no surpri
- Moroccan Decor - Oh My! Make Your Home Shine With Moroccan Rugs and Tapestries.
It is said in Morocco that he who enters Fez with a rug will leave with a moneybag. This saying o
- Online Criminal Background Checks-Importance & Ease
Have you ever thought your new neighbor looks like one of the pictures on the post office bulletin b
- Lowe's Backyard Playground Sets
Lowe's is an excellent first place to look for anyone who is looking for the best swing sets on the
- How Could Short Term Health Insurance Help Me?
Short-term health insurance plans allow people to have health insurance for a limited amount of time
- Watch Out For Those Stinky Skunks!
There are various species of skunks found throughout the United States including the striped, spotte
- Asthma In Kids: An Increasing Epidemic
Many believe that the majority of asthma cases are confined to adults, but this is definitely an inc
- Stairlifts For Riders Of Above Average Weight
A stairlift is an affordable device that is used to give people with limited mobility access to the
- Winter Weather Preparations It's Never Too Late
Each year, exposure to cold, vehicle accidents caused by wintry roads, and fires caused by the impro