5 New Year Resolutions for Business Growth
(1) I will claim my bragging rights.
No more needless apologies or excuses. No more "This is probably a dumb question, but..." or, "I'm sure you've heard this before, but..."
(2) I will step outside my comfort zone with at least one marketing program.
I'm considering direct mail, google adwords...and maybe podcasting. Forecast: a wild ride head.
(3) I will listen to my intuition more, even when I'm learning from the most brilliant, wealthy, powerful gurus on the planet.
Everyone is wrong every so often. Or they're wrong for your particular situation. Or they're having a bad day.
Here's an exercise. Review your strategies. What's worked best to bring clients, money, or success? I bet each one has a touch of serendipity and/or your own intuition. See http://www.cathygoodwin.com/intuitionbook.html
(4) I will take at least one piece of business advice that I resist (maybe it seems counter-intuitive) and see what happens.
When I first learned about copywriting, I resisted the idea of promoting myself. On a smaller but significant scale, I resisted buying a book of phrases for copywriting and using a headline generator. Now I can't imagine life without both those tools: tiny steps with huge impact.
Of course, if someone suggests you sell all your possessions and move to a tent in Idaho, I would say no. Sometimes you're resisting for a really, really good reason.
(5) I will honor what I need to stay energized and motivated.
What do you need for yourself? Music? Exercise? Live performances? Movies?
What chunks of time work best? I find if I steal a whole day or a full afternoon, I return energized and ready to take on most any challenge. The dog goes to daycare. She returns ready for a long, long nap, which frees me up to act on those challenges: a true win-win.
Some of my colleagues and friends prefer to work non-stop for weeks and even months, then take a complete vacation.
Whatever works. Do it.
Related Tags: marketing, coaching, planning, business, motivation, strategy, entrepreneurship, new year, intuition
Cathy Goodwin, Ph.D., coaches and creates copy for service professionals who want to promote themselves without sounding sales-y. Get your free download of the 7 Best-Kept Secrets of Client-Attracting Copy. Visit http://www.makewritingpay.com/subscribe.htmlYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- 8 Differences Between Traditional Businessmen And Entrepreneurs
The difference between traditional businessmen and entrepreneurs is not huge-it could be a thin-line
- Airless Container Packaging Technology
The choice of an airless container wasn't an impulsive decision for many brand marketers nowadays. T
- Laser Processing Of Metals
You may have known that lasers produce very powerful and exact beams of light. As a result, they can
- Titanium Metal Powder
Have you ever thought about that how a heavy aircraft can fly high in the air without falling to the
- Race To Icd-10 In Healthcare Outsourcing
Healthcare organizations are running a race against time to achieve ICD-10 compliance in medical bil
- Benefits Of Tig Welding Machines - The Leading Special Welding Machines
The TIG welding process allows a welder exacts controls which result in a clean weld blob. TIG weldi
- Full Time It Support Or Flexible It Support?
When you're choosing what type of IT support to take on for your business, it can be tricky to deter
- The Best Sticker Products - Vinyl, Motorcycle & Helmet Stickers
Are you looking for some of the really best sticker printing products? If yes, then it is none other
- Jobs At Home: 5 Practical Tips That Will Help Work-at Home Moms Get Organized
As a work at home mom who has successfully been doing it for quite a while now, I have realized that
- Choose A Right Virtual Assistant Company For Your Staffing Difficulty
If you simply waste your precious time on daily routines that can easily assign to an employee, Virt
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Discover How to Entertain on a Budget
To most people these two words, entertain and budget, are miles apart. But they don't have to be. Wh
- Six Reasons the Merlin Magix is Ideal for your Business
Why the Merlin Magix Phone System Integrated Phone System is ideal as your business phone system
- Indian IT's Off-shore Gains
recent revised guidance of Satyam Computer Services (Satyam), the over $1-billion Indian IT se
- 7 Sure-Fire Time Management Tricks To Get More Done
Do you know why you don't get all the stuff on your to-do list done? Sometimes it's as sim
- How to be Successful in Business
Starting a business and making it work is the primary purpose for having a business to begin with. I
- Setting Up a Decorative Painting Portfolio - How Do You Do It?
Setting up a professional looking portfolio is essential to impressing and obtaining clients as they
- Home Business Taxes-How To Stop Taxes In Your Home Business From Sneaking Up On You
"Sixty thousand dollars? You guys are joking right?" I had just completed my first year of being fai
- The #1 Small Business Phone System
T h e N o . 1 s m a l l - b u s i n e s s phone s y s t e m . . . s i m p l y p o w e r f u l . . .p
- Training Employees Within A Budget
Businesses have spent a lot on employee training and their development in order to improve sales, cu
- Hollander Consultants Ends 2006 with its Second Highest Year Ever
Hollander Consultants Also has Second Highest 4th Quarter Ever Tualatin, OR: Hollander C