Stop Depression Before it Kills You!
Having trouble taking a rest lately? Worried of the piles of things to do at work? Feeling down and sad? Wait! You might be suffering from depression and might cost your life!
At the start of the 20th century, life has gradually become fast-paced life to most people. Everyone seems to have been preoccupied with having to earn some bucks to fill their coffers. To be busy has then become the order of the day. Very few however realize that as they try to make both ends meet in their everyday existence, they are unconsciously putting their lives at high risk. Many people are not aware that amidst all these daily loads, they are already beset with a serious health problem - depression.
As defined, depression is a mental illness marked by feelings of extreme sadness, hopelessness, and inadequacy. Most of these individuals often experience disturbed sleep and weight change.
Many people identify depression as "feeling sad for no reason", not motivated to do anything, feel tired after a light load of work, irritable and apathetic.
According to medical experts, depression has no single cause and the victim may not even have the idea why he was struck with it.
Not just a state of mind
The alarming effect of depression has prompted medical experts to conduct researches, to discover its cause and eventually chart solutions. Researches showed that the illness resulted from a combination of things but it is not just a state of mind as others believe. It is related to physical changes in the brain, and connected to an imbalance of a type of chemical that carries signals in your brain and nerves. These chemicals are called neurotransmitters.
- There have been some common factors pointed which involves depression. Studies revealed that genetics play an important part in depression. It can run in families for generations. Another factor is personal problems including financial, break up of a relationship or death of a loved one. Likewise, major life changes like graduation, marriage, staring a new job and the likes do cause depression.
- Serious medical conditions like heart disease, cancer and HIV also contribute to depression partly because of their physical weakness and stress these diseases bring. Doctors say depression can aggravate medical conditions since it weakens the immune system thereby making their resistance to pain lower. In some cases, patients in these serious conditions become depressed as an effect of prescribed medications.
- Other psychological disorders like schizophrenia, substance abuse, anxiety and eating disorders often appear along with depression. Experts also stressed that people who have low self esteem and pessimists are at higher risk of becoming depressed.
How to fight the illness
Once an individual notices the signs of depression, he is advised to seek professional help especially if the condition adversely affects his social functioning and daily activities like work. However, the sad thing remains- most people refuse to accept the idea that they are "sick" and that they need medical help.
This is true especially in men who may show the typical symptoms of depression, but are more likely to be angry and hostile. In their hostility, they simply resort to alcohol or drug abuse. Worst, in their refusal to seek outside help, they commit suicide and studies show that men are four times more likely to kill themselves than women because of depression.
As a person ages, the risk of being depressed is higher. This is explained by their physical conditions and because they become less active as they were younger.
Medical experts say treatment of depression varies depending on the cause. If the cause is physical like cancer or such other diseases, they are treated based on this aspect. If the cause is psychological, they usually undergo counseling and therapy.
However, whatever the cause may be, depression can be treated and more importantly, it can be prevented. But experts say the success of any treatment will depend on the patient's acceptance and early diagnosis.
But the simplest way to avoid depression, experts concluded, is for everyone to value relaxation. Make it a habit to take a few minutes break from the hassles of life and work and enjoy life to the fullest! Fight depression before it kills you!
Buy Tramadol Online at DrugstoreTM.com, the online drug store that provides a wide range of services such as drug information, health care products and prescription medication online. Buy health products such as soma, tramadol and fioricet in cheap and affordable prices.
Related Tags: tramadol, ultram, cheap tramadol, buy tramadol, buy tramadol online, tramadol prescription, discount tramadol, tramadol overdose, tramadol pill, generic tramadol, tramadol side effects, flextra, flextra plus, buy ultram, ultram online, tramadol ultram
Jennifer Alinio is an Article Writer for DrugStoreTM.Com. For more details please visit, DrugstoreTM.com Online Drug StoreYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- How Safe Are Prescription Topical Non - Steroidal Drugs... Particularly in the Elderly?
The treatment of osteoarthritis, to date, is essentially palliative.Osteoarthritis is a degenerative
- The Biggest Acne Myths Dispelled
Acne scars are sort of like being hit while you are down. First you live with the misery of the init
- Natural Cure For Eczema - Become Eczema Free, The Natural Way!
When it comes to eczema, doctors' tend to have little advice to offer other than using creams and lo
- Childhood Obesity Cured With Hypnosis
It is very unfortunate when a child is suffering from obesity. It is a very major medical problem th
- Children Changing With Hypnosis
The challenges we face everyday in the world may cause difficulties in life for not only adults, but
- Don't Suffer in Silence - Remove Your Warts and All
Many people suffer with skin conditions that can leave them worried, scared and feeling like they co
- Treat Red and Irritated Skin Easily
Wash your skin with a gentle cleanser, apply a cold compress, soak in a warm oatmeal bath, apply Alo
- How to Effectively Treat Stretch Marks to Diminish Them
Stretch marks or striae appear as red or purple marks on the skin and are actually a form of scarrin
- Medicine: A Science and Art
Medicine is all about dealing with the healing human ailments. It is both a science as well as art a
- Six Important Facts About Babesia
Babesia, which causes Babesiosis, generally requires two hosts throughout its lifespan. It originate
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Sinus Headache Relief
Sinus headache is a result of inflammation in the passage behind the cheeks, nose and eyes. It cause
- Simple Lifestyle Changes That Can Help You Get Rid Of Acne
As anyone who has ever suffered knows, acne can be a debilitating condition, causing humiliation and
- Acne Treatment For Children
Acne is a very common thing for children and adolescents especially between the ages of nine and sev
- Coping With An Ileostomy Due To Crohns Disease
Crohn's sufferers that have constipation due to a stricture, have a severe case of Crohn's that may
- Are There Home Remedies For Acid Reflux?
Acid Reflux or heart burn as it is commonly called is a very unpleasant condition in which the liqui
- How To Relieve Sinus Pressure
Swollen, inflamed sinuses are, to put it mildly, very uncomfortable. Sinuses get infected and inflam
- The Pain Of The Psoriasis Patient
Psoriasis is one of the most difficult diseases people have to deal with, effecting many areas in th
- Lipitor Memory Loss: When Memories Vanish, What Can You Do?
Lipitor memory loss has been experienced by patients taking this statin medication to reduce cholest
- Are Discount Vitamins For Everyone?
And the news is --- discount vitamins really are for just about everyone! Young, old, male, female,
- Are Pharmaceutical Sales Reps Really Needed?
Aside from a few free samples, some cheap pens and calendars, or maybe a sweet magnet to put on your