A Simple Presentation Tip to Remember When Drawing an or Painting on a Chart Board
Now, I did not realize this until my wife, who was in the audience, shared her observations with me after the session. As a presentation skills coach she was used to observing audience response and presenter performance.
As an artist and instructor my focus is mainly on drawing or painting a picture while others watched during the lecture portions of my classes or workshops. I had not thought about how the connection to my audience was lost when I "spoke to the visual" rather than the audience.
My wife taught me a simple, yet powerful, tip that I want to share with other people who may be talking to their art or drawings. The tip is TOUCH, TURN AND TALK.
Be SILENT when you draw a part of the image or drawing. Then TOUCH the image or drawing TURN to your audience and then TALK. The results can make a profound connection with your audience.
When you are talking to your visual your energy is directed to the visual and not the audience. Believe it or not, your audience wants to have the full multimedia experience. That means watching your gestures and facial expressions at the same time they are absorbing the information on your chart drawing or painting.
Turning to talk with your audience will also help you to see their facial expressions. You may decide to ask them questions or take questions from them about your technique or information you are sharing.
So now my goal is to be quiet when I am drawing and save my talking for my audience and not my chart board.
Sound easy? Well, actually it is but it takes PRACTICE. So give this simple , yet cutting edge technique, a try.
All rights reserved 2007 Ray Horner Jr.
Feel free to share this article
Related Tags: painting, art, speaking, presentation, slr camera, drawing, rangfinder
Ray Horner Jr. is an artist and instructor. View his work at http://homepage.mac.com/hornerart/Menu1.htmlYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- How To Use A Story To Engage Your Audience
Preparing your speech and writing appropriate stories can be a challenge at the best of times, but t
- Public Speaking Articles - Channel Surfing Across the Internet
For more information please check Live Internet TV Website: http://top-liveinternet-tv.com/ The
- Public Speaking Articles - How Should We Respond to the Cheonan Incident?
The million dollar question is how should we respond to the sinking of the Cheonan? The sinking was
- Keep It Simple In Public Speaking
How often had you heard the premise in public speaking that you should tell your audience what you w
- Groom Wedding Speech - Write A Speech That Will Stun Everyone.
During the planning of the wedding, one of the most important aspect to take into account is the wed
- Motivational Speakers Profiled - John Thakara
John Thackara is a design expert, bestselling author and businessman best known for bringing design
- Powerpoint In Training - When A Good Thing Is Not A Good Thing
I thought I'd write a few words about a topic that often comes up in discussions about training, and
- How To Get Benefit From Motivational Speakers?
Motivation is something that every one needs to do well. When a machine falls out in repair, you wil
- How To Deal With Public Speaking Pressure
Most of us are afraid about public speaking. It is a scenario which puts a substantial amount of anx
- Dealing With Public Speaking Anxiety
Most people are terrified about presenting and public speaking. It is just a situation that places a
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Public Speaking : Connection
If you don't recognize the importance of connecting, then your message, no matter how important, wil
- Top 10 Do Nots When Working With Meeting Planners
1. Don't Be Demanding - Remember planners are only going to book speakers who they like, this is pre
- Better Typography and More Readable Text in PowerPoint
PowerPoint is, fundamentally, a tool for communication, and the heart of that communication is writt
- Learn How To Dress Up Your Presentation The Easy Way
Honoring individuals for their achievements may say a great deal about the person but can also demon
- How To Eliminate Speaking Jitters: Eight Sure-Fire Strategies To Help You Be More Natural
Do you avoid giving speeches because the stress drives you up the wall? Do you give speeches, but ha
- The Mental Game of Speaking: Are You a Mentally Tough Speaking Athlete?
Can you play at the top of your speaking game on demand? How do you handle the rigors of the high st
- 5 Things To Conquer Before Any Group Discussion For The Indian Institutes Of Management
Congrats -If you are one of the lucky participants who cleared the CAT Exam. However now you must sh
- The Perfect Wedding Speech
Giving the Best Man's speech at a wedding. Is that something that fills you with dread, or is it som
- How To Connect With Your Audience
How To Connect With Your Audience! Every presentation is a new and different experience deter
- Public Speaking: Confidence Building Tips
The ability to speak well in public helps people in all walks of life. More and more people are invo