Can to Can in 60 Days
Let us start with the life cycle of aluminium can. Metals don't have life anyway. To make this passage interesting, let's assume that metals are living things
Here in a processing unit, an aluminium-can is born. Meanwhile let me tell you a fun fact, every 3 seconds, a human baby is born, in mean time 140 cans are born! Alright here a new born aluminium can goes to the self of a beverage store and ready to be sold. Someone purchases the beverage, enjoys it, and the empty aluminium can is thrown in a recycle bin. This scrap aluminium can is easily separated from other scrap and are taken for the recycling process. There he is melted in a furnace, rolled into sheets in mills and then new beverage can is made.
However this recycling process completes within 60 days. So after 60 days, the old dead beverage can gets a rebirth. He is back on the self again for business, yelling "I am back." Yes the fact is aluminium never wears out, it can be recycled forever. "Aluminium never dies!" And the important fact about aluminium is that it never looses its properties. So a scrap aluminium-can becomes a new one in 60 days, it's "can to can in 60 days"
Though this story is imaginary, the facts told about aluminium are true. That is, the scrap aluminium-can can be recycled within 60 days and reused as a new can without any loss in the metal properties. And aluminium can be recycled for many number of times. So if anyone sees an aluminium-can lying in roadside, it is not just a waste, but it is a living aluminium-can crying that "I am still alive". So "SAVE THEM!"
THE RECYCLING PROCESS
The recycling of Aluminium can is a simple four stage process.
1. Shredding- Aluminium cans which arrive in bales are shredded into pieces to the size of a walnut in a shredder. The shredded pieces are then passed to a magnetic separator to remove the impurities.
2. Decoating- Decoating is done to maximize energy efficiency. Lacquer from the branded and decorated cans is removed by blowing hot air (around 500ºC) through the shreds in a decoater, on a slowly-moving insulated conveyor.
3. Melting- The hot, shredded, decoated aluminium is fed into the furnaces and melted. The furnaces have state of the art regenerative burners and a burner management system to reduce the amount of energy used.
4. Casting- Ingots are cast by tilting the holding furnace and pouring the molten metal- via a two-stage process to remove any remaining minute non-metallic particles and gases - into a vertical casting unit. Chemical composition and metal cleanliness are then tested on each cast. As the metal flows into the mould, it is chilled by jets of cool water being pumped around the mould, and a solidified outer shell is formed. The ingot solidifies gradually during the casting process, which takes approximately three hours. The ingots, which each contain around 1.6m used drinks cans, are then shipped on to a mill for rolling into the sheet from which can makers subsequently produce new cans.
Aluminum cans distinguish them as the most recycled and most recyclable beverage container in the world. An awesome 105,784 cans are recycled every minute nationwide.
Related Tags: scrap metal, scrap metal prices, aluminum scrap, scrap steel prices, scrap copper, scrap tire, array scrap metal dealer, array plastic scrap
Click here to look at the wholesale products for sale at www.redwholesale.com.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Why is There a Need to Do a Criminal Records Search
In our days upon watching the news, hearing the radio news and also what's written in the newspaper
- Prove Your Suspicions With Criminal Records Search
A suspicion is an act of suspecting someone without any proof or evidence. So unless you don't have
- The War on Talent
Finding the right people requires people doing the right way of finding A friend of mine recently
- More Changes in the Trend of Criminal Records Search
Today, you can observe that there are already many changes in the process and way of the people in
- Why You Need to Access the Public Criminal Records
Whoever you are, there will come a point in your life in which you will have to access the public r
- Things to Do to Search for Criminal Records
Each state maintains a record of the criminal cases and arrests of the individuals in their area. T
- Five Tips for Best Hiring Practice
Performing background checks on applicant's seeking employment is common practice today for 80% of
- Fast and Easy Way of Gathering Information on Criminal Records Search
World is getting smaller because there are many crimes that are happening now. Police stations alwa
- Spa Leaks Swimming Pool Inspections in Austin Texas
Spa leaks swimming pool inspections in Austin Texas are paid very much attention. A working plumbin
- Conducting Criminal Records Search Online
Criminal records are easy to find now. With the internet, it is easy to get access on this kind of
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Resourcemfg Captures Automotive Staffing Needs
ResourceMFG division vice-president, Julie Maydew recently commented, "There has been an internation
- Resourcemfg Captures Food Technician Staffing Needs
ResourceMFG division vice-president, Julie Maydew recently commented, "Food manufacturing is a growi
- Enterprise 21 ERP Software Addresses Too Much Inventory for Distributors
Rebecca Gill, vice-president of Technology Group International, contributed a feature in the current
- Industry Participation Distinguishes Resourcemfg
ResourceMFG division vice-president, Julie Maydew noted, "ResourceMFG is the manufacturer's first ch
- Labor Management Growth Cycle
When was the last time you have noted down you working hours? Do you remember, when the month was, n
- Resourcemfg's Maydew Finds Military Recruiting Most Effective
ResourceMFG division vice-president, Julie Maydew recently commented, "We at ResourceMFG recognize t
- Business Excellence Profiles Resourcemfg
According to manufacturing journalist, Thomas R. Cutler in the January issue of Business Excellence,
- Food Quality Personnel From Resourcemfg Addressed in International Food Safety Quality Network
The current issue of the International Food Safety Quality Network (IFSQN) examines the importance o
- Francisco Xavier Lopez Mena to Head Up Mexico Tourism Board
Tourism veteran Francisco Xavier Lopez Mena will be heading up the Mexico Tourism Board (MTB), Mexic
- Resourcemfg Solves Welder Shortage
ResourceMFG, a manufacturing support organization, and Welder Testing Inc., have formed a partnershi