Weight Loss Cardio Workout Advice
We all know that to lose weight it helps to engage in a weight loss cardio workout in addition to following a healthy diet plan, but exactly what is cardio, what are the benefits and what are the best cardio workouts? Here are some answers to those questions and some examples of weight loss cardio workouts.
The word Cardio comes from the word cardiovascular which, according to dictionary.com, means: of, pertaining to, or affecting the heart and blood vessels. Cardio exercise is exercise that raises your heart rate to a certain level for a certain period of time. To learn what that level is for you, do a search online for the term target heart rate zone
Cardio has many benefits that include helping you burn calories, helping your heart to grow stronger, and increasing your lung capacity. It also may help with better sleep and less stress.
Cardio helps you reach your weight loss goal by burning calories. Burning calories through exercise means that you can create a calorie reduction and lose weight without having to lower your daily calories as drastically. For example, if you need to lower your calorie intake to 1200 a day in order to lose weight, by burning 200 calories through exercise a day, you can eat 1400 calories instead. Since by eating 1400 instead of 1200 calories, you will not feel as hungry or deprived, you will have a better chance of sticking with your weight loss plan.
Here are some good cardio exercises divided into those usually done in a fitness center or home and then those usually done outside. Some people prefer to join a gym to workout while others prefer to engage in outdoor exercise activities and yet other like to mix things up. Finding a good cardio routine for the type of setting you prefer will make you more likely to stick with your program.
Good cardio routines for indoors:
1. Elliptical machine: This is a very popular machine at most fitness center. Many people feel that on this machine, they can burn more calorie than other machines in the same amount of time. A big advantage of this machine is that the feet are always in contact with the machine so there is little stress or impact on the joints
2. Stair Climber: A good cardio machine and is especially beneficial for working the large leg muscles.
3. Treadmill: Good machine for running indoors and for walking for those not yet able to handle the elliptical machine or stair climber.
Good cardio routines for outdoors:
1. Jogging/Running: An excellent cardio workout but puts a lot of stress on the joints.
2. Swimming: Much less impact and builds endurance as well as muscle strength.
3. Bicycling: Another good low impact outdoor activity.
The main point to remember when deciding on a weight loss cardio workout is to find something that you enjoy and that will raise your heart rate. Be sure to check with your doctor before beginning and then to engage in cardio activity for at least 30 minutes 3 times a week.
Related Tags: cardio workout, exercise benefits, weight loss cardio workout
Beth Campbell holds a Masters degree in Counseling and writes about a variety of subjects. Having lost 122 pounds, her favorite subjects areweight loss and fitness. Learn her amazing secret to losing weight and see her before and after photos. Beth also gives free diet tips at herWays to Lose Weight Squidoo Lens.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- A Look at How Saunas Are Healthy
Most people go to Saunas in order to relax after a stressful day or intense exercise. The act of sit
- The Rigid Training of Army Fitness Program
When you are healthy, it leads you to have a quality and enjoyable life. It improves your dispositio
- How Important is Finding a Dentist Speaking the Same Language With You
I personally hate to visit my dentist. Neither because she is a unprofessional dental care provider
- The Right Diet For Acne
Acne occurs when the over production of oil (sebum), from the sebaceous glands, clogs the follicle,
- Scrubs - The Health Care Worker Uniforms Trend
Throughout history, fashion has not usually been dictated by comfort or purpose. This is not the cas
- Hippotherapy is an Excellent Physical Therapy Choice
When the average person thinks of physical therapy, they immediately picture a trained expert and a
- Getting the Best Massage Therapy
Having a massage can help take away the feeling of tension and stress that runs through your body af
- Do You Have a High Risk Factor For Gum Disease?
According to the American Academy of Periodontology, there are certain factors that create a higher
- Where to Buy Pure Acai Berry?
Life feels so lonely when your friends shun you. However, have you ever thought why did this occur?Y
- Options to Keep in Mind Regarding Body Massage Toronto
The amount of stress that we all deal with on a day to day basis can have a harsh affect on our bodi
Most viewed articles in this category:
- What About The Zone Diet?
What Are Gums? Gums that are common food additives are also water-soluble, found in stems and seeds
- Freestyle Bmx - Drive yourself to the Limits
Freestyle BMX otherwise also known as Bike Stunt is actually the trick of maneuvering bicycles. Well
- Serious Fat Loss Using Boxing Training
This brief article will outline a boxing workout you can use to get shredded and take your condition
Do you feel constipated frequently? Do you postpone your bowel movements? Do you exclude roughage fr
- Folding Mountain Bikes - your Travel Mates, your Convenience!
Folding mountain bikes are essentially practical bicycles, which are easy to store and transport. Th
- How Exercising Helps In Losing Weight
The beneficial effects of exercising were used to treat obesity since the beginning of modern medica
- What Physical Activity Is Best For You
As you may already know, physical activity and health come together, like a couple. Regular exercisi
- Treadmill Running Tips
Running is a beautiful way to get fit. It is so simple and so basic, and while it can be difficult a
- The Gestational Diabetes Fear For Moms
Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes that develops in pregnant women in 2-3% of pregnancies. F
- Low Carb Diet - Weight Loss Benefits
A low carb diet, as the name implies, is a diet that is low in carbohydrates (bread, rice, sugar, es