Why Universal Health Care Could be a Conservative Republican's Dream
But maybe it's time for the Republican Party to take another look at universal health care. A system funded and operated at the federal level could have a number of effects:
· A federal system set up along the lines of Medicare or the Veterans Administration system could control health care costs by limiting payment for services.
· A tax-funded system could take the burden of health care costs off the backs of American businesses by funding it through deductions similar to the current social security system. With deductions divided equally between the worker and the business or paid solely by the employee, this, combined with cost-control methods, could represent a substantial savings over what businesses are paying now.
· Small businesses that cannot now offer competitive health care packages could compete with larger corporations for highly skilled employees, resulting in a tremendous opportunity for growth among these small companies.
· Money freed up from current privately funded health care programs could be used to offer raises to employees and to expand business.
· Providing access to health care to self-employed individuals could expand the pool of workers choosing to work on a freelance basis. This would result in cost savings to companies that decide to contract with freelancers rather than hire employees who expect a benefits package.
· Since all necessary medical costs will be covered routinely by the federal program for all citizens, malpractice and injury lawsuits for medical expenses could drop substantially.
Before Republicans reject proposals for universal health care, they need to examine the possible effects of a federally funded system. They might find that universal health care is both fiscally responsible and pro-business.
Related Tags: health, care
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Current Affairs Articles - How to Get on Google's Major 10 Record
A issue I generally asked by new customers is why some internet sites rank larger on Yahoo than othe
- Christianity Articles - Prophets are not God's PR men - Evangelism is not cheerleading
Andy Warhol may have been slightly off when he said everyone is allowed their fifteen minutes of fam
- Internet Articles - Web of Intent
It has been a while since I have written a general interest piece and my reasons for not doing so
- Christianity Articles - Ways to Proceed with Hope
Onward and upward in the new decade From Paul's letter to the Philippians Chapter 3 verses 12
- Advice Articles - Activate your gifts in the new decade
In Two Timothy Chapter 1 verse 5 through 7 read as follows from the NIV version of the Bible: 5
- Current Affairs Articles - Shopping For A Great MP3 Or MP4 Player
Electronics wholesalers carry are so numerous, and sometimes the techie mumbo jumbo used to describe
- Entertainment Articles - Bachelorette Party New York
If you are planning a bachelorette party New York style in the months of December thru the month of
- Real Estate Articles - Where Are Real Estate Values Going Now?
At the moment (late 2009), it seems that real estate values may have stopped falling finally. Are th
- Food & Beverages Articles - India has emerged as one of the fastest growing markets for wine on the global map
Indian Wine Industry Forecast to 2012 report ( http://www.bharatbook.com/Market-Research-Reports/Ind
- Christianity Articles - The Three Rs of Prophetic Warning - Old Time Stuff that still Works Today
Due to the emphasis on the R sound (phoneme) in reading, writing and arithmetic early American pione
Most viewed articles in this category:
- The Men and Women of Lost
Maybe you've never seen the excellent television series Lost, or maybe you've only recently become h
- Christian Spiritual Current Affairs Hitchens is not Great: The Poison of Pride
In the sixties one of the more hackneyed slogans of the time was from Friedrich Nietzsche's Joyo
- Finance & Investment Investment Current Affairs Investment Politics 2008: What's (left) In Your Wallet?
The parade of promises is marching down Main Street. For too many months to come, politicians
- Health Consumer Current Affairs How Drug Research Is Distorted
Do you think that the drug research done by pharmaceutical companies is honest? Think ag
- Christian Spiritual Current Affairs U.S. and EU Strengthen Ties - Prophecy Train Tops the Grade
With nearly every major facet of second coming prophecy falling into place in the last forty yea
- Education Family & Parenting Current Affairs Choices In Education
Choices in Education Today it seems more and more like mainstream education is invol
- Christian Entertainment Current Affairs Spiderman and other Hollywood Heroes Save America from Repression
The "Marxism" America withstood at its front door for sixty years has donned a new costume and n
- Christian Blogs Current Affairs Christophobes - The New American Bullies
Phobias are fears. The list of phobias in American culture is growing by leaps and bounds. Chris
- Free Article Taking Care Of Dubai's Heritage
Late president of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, once famously said, "a country tha
- Fashion & Cosmetics Consumer Current Affairs Men in Sheepskin Boots
Back to www.lfaboots.comSince the ugg phenomena hit the UK I have been wearing sheepskin boots