South African Travel: From Backcountry to Metropolis
South Africa has so much variety to offer visitors that it is difficult to define in a few words. One can travel from isolated bushveldt to cosmopolitan city in a few hours. A safari can be followed by a visit to the spectacular coast and on to the magnificent Drakensburg mountain range. Activities ranging from game drives to shark dives are all part of the South African experience. South Africa is a country that truly has something for everyone.
South Africans national parks and reserves have been splendidly managed for decades and visitors are likely to observe most of southern Africas animals in these parks. In addition, there are many private game reserves providing five-star accommodation and personalized service rivaling any resort in the world. From backpacking to ultimate luxury, you will find what you are looking for in South Africa.
Some of our favorite places:
1. Kruger National Park is Africas oldest game reserve and is one of its largest at nearly 2 million hectares. You are likely to spot all of the "big five" in this park.
2. Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve in the heart of KwaZulu-Natal is renowned for its white rhino conservation program.
3. Itala Game Reserve in KwaZulu-Natals rugged northern region offers not only spectacular game viewing but contains some of southern Africas most unique geological features.
4. The Drakensburg Mountains are a must-see while in South Africa. Its magnificent peaks and valleys can be accessed by car, foot, mountain bike or horse and visitors can see many of the rock paintings that its ancient inhabitants have left behind.
5. Tsitsikamma National Park is a unique mountainous coastal ecosystem and one of the worlds largest marine reserves. Watch dolphins surf the waves, take a hike along the rocky coast, and watch whales while camping on the beach. The Otter trail, a 10-day hike along the coast, has a waiting list of months, and is named for the shy creatures that feed along the shores of the park.
6. South Africas beaches range from the tropical east coast to the cold-current west coast. If you want to get a tan while watching penguins, a visit to the Cape Peninsula is the place to be.
7. Cape Town is one of the worlds most beautiful cities. Dine at one of its many fabulous restaurants and take in the nightlife in the shadow of Table Mountain, then take a cable car to the top of the mountain for lunch the next day.
8. The Western Cape is famous for its wineries and quaint Dutch architecture. Begin your wine tour in Stellenbosch and visit as many wineries as you can (preferably while someone else drives!)
Whether you plan to spend a few days or a few weeks in South Africa, you will find what you are looking for!
Related Tags: travel, leisure, south africa travel, favorite africa travel places, african safaris, student travel
Joe Love draws on his 25 years of experience helping both individuals and companies build their businesses, increase profits, and success coaching programs. He is the founder and CEO of JLM & Associates, a consulting and training organization, specializing in career coach training http://www.jlmandassociates.com/coaching.html .Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Top Things to do in Rabat, Malta
There are plenty of things to do in and around Rabat when you travel to Malta. 5 star luxury in your
- 4 Sightseeing Highlights of Malta
Malta is a country with many things to see and do, as you will realise when you go on your Malta 5 s
- Vacation Rentals - Something For Everyone!
There is no shortage of information on the vacation rental. I've written several articles on the top
- Vacation Rentals - a Few Facts
Most everyone has some knowledge of the vacation rental. What I'd like to do here, in the confines o
- Exotic Vacation Rentals
Travel is an adventure. In fact, that is why some us travel. Not for the relaxation, not for the cha
- Vacation Rental Vs. Hotel
And the winner is….Well, read this, then decide!First, the ubiquitous hotel. Swathed in branded name
- Tropical Vacation Homes - Investment or Destination?
Buying a vacation home for investment may be a great idea in these troubled economic times. Be certa
- How to Choose a West Rim or South Rim Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour
If you want to take a Grand Canyon helicopter tour, you must choose between the West Rim and the Sou
- Albuquerque Downtown Hotels Discounts, Deals and Reservations
Providing their guests with the best possible service available, Quality Inn & Suites in downtown Al
- Hotel Suites Albuquerque - Online Reservations and Specials
Located in the center of the beautiful and historic town of Albuquerque New Mexico, Clubhouse Inn &
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Brazil's Tourist Attractions
Despite its popularity, Brazil is largely unknown to a lot of people. Other spots around the world h
- Visit Ancient Persia, Greece, and North Cyprus with Clearchus of Soli
Tour the Hellenistic remains of Soli in North Cyprus with Clearchus, a student of Aristotle. As he
- Exotic Trips - Vacation In Venezuela
Venezuela is a favorite vacation destination. No wonder! For instance, Venezuela is home to the worl
- Some Advice When Buying A Travel Cot
A cot is a piece of furniture that is used for babies, infants, campers and travelers. Baby cots are
- Marriott Hotels Varied History and An Overview of Properties
Marriott International was established in 1993 when the Marriot Corporation split into two different
- Holiday In Cape Town
If you are interested in one of the top vacation destinations in the world, Cape Town may be right f
- Hawaii Honeymoon Vacation Packages: Why You Should Purchase One
Are you about to be married within the next year or two? If so, have you started planning your honey
- Cancun Weather
Cancun is one of the most well known tropical destinations in the world. Because Cancun is located j
- Golf Lovers: Save Money With Hawaii Vacation Golf Packages
Are you one of the millions of Americans who enjoys playing the game of golf? If so, there is a good
- Old Town San Diego
The Old Town San Diego Park serves as a way to recreate life in both the early American and early Me