Tips On Cold Sore Home Remedies
Here is a look at some of the more popular home remedies that claim to really work.
1. Using ice - This is arguably the most well known remedy. When you first feel the beginnings of that cold sore forming under your skin, put some ice in a bag or wash rag and apply it directly on the sore.
It is recommended that you do this for 10-15 minutes at a time, 3 times every day. The thought process behind this is that the ice will freeze and kill off the potential sore. They say you must do this before the sore appears in order for it to work. I must say that I have tried this method and never had real positive results. Yes, it killed some of the pain, but the cold sore was still there. But I know other people who swear by this cold sore cure. You'll have to try it and decide yourself.
2. Using aloe vera - As far as cold sore home remedies go, I found this to somewhat help. When you find a sore that does form you can get a few aloe leaves and use the liquid from them to rub on the sore or blister directly.
It is recommended to do this once in the morning and once at night. As I said, the results were somewhat positive for me. I also know that many people with aloe vera plants that they use for treating a cold sore.
3. Using tea tree oil - This remedy involves taking a cup of boiling water and adding tea tree oil, violet and herbal sage to it. As it mixes together you drink this a couple of times per day and within two days it will eliminate your sore.
I can't tell you if this method works or not since I've never tried it, but I've heard that it does for some people.
4. Vitamins - Taking extra vitamin B is said to work in treating a cold sore. Vitamin B-12 is the better supplement.
5. Other remedies - Some other methods include using a mixture of 100 ml of coconut oil, mixed with 2 ml of dettol and 3 ml of carbolic acid. After combining these together you put it directly on the sore.
There are also people who use witch hazel and lemon balm as well.
As you can see, there are many cold sore home remedies available. This article only touched on some of the more well known remedies. The next time you find yourself facing a cold sore, try one of these remedies and see if it helps provide you with some relief.
All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Reprint Rights: You may reprint this article as long as you leave all of the links active and do not edit the article in any way.
Related Tags: cold sore, cold sore cure, cold sore home remedies, treating a cold sore
You can find much more information on Home Remedy For Jock Itch as well as more helpful information on all types of ringworm at http://www.Ringworm.InfoFromA-z.com Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Genital Warts Cure, Treatment for Genital Warts
Concerned about a cure for genital warts? There are few issues more embarrassing to talk to your doc
- How to Get Rid of Moles, Moles Removal
Moles are growth that can develop on many areas of the body. Some people have had moles all their l
- Drink More Water to Get Healthy Skin
Maybe you've heard how important is water for your health, figure and well-being many times, but ev
- Anti Aging Skin Care - How to Get Younger Looking Skin
Anti aging skin care products should give you younger looking skin. Choosing an anti aging skin cre
- Body Creams Linked to Cancer
Is This A Healthcare Issue?...YesWhat if I told you body lotions and creams were an important healt
- Nature Presents Autumn Lotions
Lotions, containing natural juices, infusions and decoctions, clean, whiten and nourish skin like a
- Knowing What Scars You Have
Scarring generally signifies the end of the healing process. However, the scar will serve as a con
- Use Natural Ingredients to Firm Up Sagging Facial Skin
If you use the right products, you can slow the aging process and reduce sagging facial skin. Howe
- How Men's Body Lotion Transforms Rough, Dry Skin to Smooth and Soothed
I am about to tell you about a men's body lotion that will soften the roughest patches on your
- How Men's Eye Gel Safely Reduces Bags Under Eyes
There is a new men's eye gel that can only be described as unique. With a single picture, you can
Most viewed articles in this category:
- How To Get Rid Of Warts - 4 Myths Exposed
Anyone seeking information on how to get rid of warts and other skin blemishes such as moles and ski
- FAQs About Dermacia
I've got so many emails asking about Dermacia ever since I posted the article "Dermacia" and "Let's
- Health Tips-Buying Wart Removal Treatments
The internet has proven to be an effective source for learning more about wart removal. However, you
- Hand Wart - Tips on Wart Remedy and What Cause Wart Problems
What causes wart to be a hand wart versus another type of wart? A wart is a small benign but harmle
- Successfull Methods Used for Treating Rosacea
Rosacea is a skin disease which left untreated may get worse and lead to complications such as telan
- 8 Factors Cause Acne
8 FACTORS CAUSE ACNEAcne, also known as pimples, whitehead or blackhead, is a kind of skin disease t
- Skin Lightening with Lasers to Get Rid of Skin Discolorations and Tattoos
Doubtless, preparing for a laser treatment involves many steps. These include finding a trained medi
- Acne Scar Treatments
For very mild acne, a chemical peel might be all that you need. Different types of acid are used in
- How Cellulite Remedies Can Have You Looking Better Quickly
Are there any cellulite remedies that can get rid of those awful looking dimples? Do you avoid looki
- Eczema and Psoriasis Treatment are Often One and the Same
Although eczema and psoriasis are different conditions, they have many symptoms in common and are th