Arranging Art on Walls - Five Simple Tips
Arranging art on a wall can be an art in itself. There are just so many ways of doing it. Do you want to arrange your pictures across the wall in a straight row? Or perhaps you want to group them in a mosaic of different sizes and shapes? The choice is really up to you, and you'll probably take hours of trial and error before you settle for something you like. But before you start getting your hands dirty drilling holes into your wall, you might like to know that there's a smart and simple way to do it without creating a mess on your wall. Read on for some easy steps to hassle free art arranging.
1. Trace the pictures you want to hang onto papers, and cut the papers such that they're the same size as the pictures.
2. At the back of each picture, pull the hanging wire taut and measure from the arc of the wire to the top of the frame.
3. On the paper template, measure down from the top edge of the paper the distance you just measured in step 2, and mark the point. This will designate the drilling point for the hook.
4. Now take your templates, and using some double sided tape, stick them to the wall with the marked sides facing outwards. Play around with arrangement until you're happy with them.
5. Once you're satisfied with the arrangement, you can then start to drill hooks into the wall through the points marked on the paper template. Once the hooks are drilled, rip the paper off and hang the pictures.
There you are - 5 simple steps for arranging art without making a mess of your wall.
Enjoy the art!
Related Tags: interior design ideas, home decorating ideas, contemporary wall art, inexpensive contemporary framed art, abstract pictures, abstract wall art, inexpensive wall decor
Find a huge selection of abstract wall art at Abstract Prints, an online art gallery offering more than 20,000 contemporary wall art prints for home and office decorating. Visit us and be inspired with fresh interior design ideas today.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Tips For Changing The Basement Apartment Into The Cheerful Place
A basement apartment is identical with a dark place that usually could not offer the feeling at home
- The Great New Stylish Home Decoration
Creating a new stylish decoration commonly require a high price including the budget to buy some new
- Refurbishing Your Kitchen For A Timeless Look
General preservation of old homes is a favorite conversation for householders of vintage houses but
- Simple Steps To Restoring Your Padded Dining Room Seating
While many people would feel comfortable hanging wall tapestries or wrought iron wall crosses or eve
- Skylights Texas
Sleep under the Stars with Texas SkylightsBe it glass, fiberglass or polycarbonate, skylights in Tex
- How To Choose Shabby Chic Furniture Styles
It can easily be considered that shabby chic furniture is something of an oxymoron, since furniture
- The Character Of Chandeliers
Picture a room in which chandeliers hang from the ceiling. Before you start rolling your eyes and wo
- Why Buy Cheap Venetian Blinds?
There's nothing inappropriate about getting low cost Venetian blinds. Nowadays you can buy incredibl
- Using Swags Window Curtains For A More Elegant Appeal
Living in a house that is well-decorated can make you feel so comfortable and relaxed. Having a well
- Flat Roof Skylights
Flat Roof Skylights: Be Your Neighbor's EnvyThe trick to creating the feel of spaciousness and addin
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Home Decor Shopping On The Internet
You need not struggle with the decision on what to buy when you are shopping for home decor for your
- See the Difference Feng Shui Color Can Make for You
Those familiar with Feng Shui know that this science has special colors associated to each of the ei
- Stage Lights
A live performance is considered the ultimate head rush for many. An act before a crowd leaves no ro
- Bedspreads are the First Decision When Designing Your Master Bedroom
Why would you want to start with a Bedspread? The best answer is that there are an almost infinite
- Some Interesting Decorating Styles
There are a lot of reasons you may be looking into decorating a bathroom. Perhaps you have just boug
- Mix and Match Your Decor for You
Many of us become almost obsessed with decorating styles. We worry about what the current style tren
- Candles: Elegant and Popular
Walk into any home these days and if there is an aroma in the air relating to fruit, apple cinnamon,
- There's A Place For Everything With a Closet Organizer
When people think about organizing their lives to save time, they rarely think that their closet - t
- A Personal Review of the Tempur Pedic Mattress
My wife and I bought a Tempur Pedic mattress back in the early days when most people hadn't heard of
- Natural Square Area Rugs: Getting Squared Away
Oh, no. You have a square room, and you are feeling boxed in by your decorating dilemma. Four iden