Are You On The Silent Killers Hit List?

by Ken Burnett - Date: 2007-01-07 - Word Count: 855 Share This!

Are you on the silent killers hit list? It's time to expose the predators that can cause real harm to you and your family. Some friendly suggestions about those things that you never think about that can suddenly hurt you.

They lurk in just about every corner of every room at home, in your car, at your workplace, in the air you breathe, and even in the food you eat. Sometimes they even get into your very being. These are the Silent Killers that you don't even know exist until it's too late. You may have never realized their shear numbers or how to identify them.

Some have no color, taste, smell, or make a sound. But they're there none the less…waiting to make you their latest victim. Silent Killers are described as those things that have little or no symptoms, sneak up on you, and can kill you.

Every year when old man winter decides to pay us a visit, we tend to forget during the frigid cold spells, about the hazards of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Yet every year thousands of people are injured by CO and require a visit to the Emergency Room. Over 300 children die a year from CO poisoning. Carbon Monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas produces by burning fossil fuels such as gasoline, propane, natural gas, wood, and kerosene. It's emitted from our furnaces, automobiles, charcoal grills, fireplaces, gas stoves, and oil burning appliances. This deadly gas will sneak up on its victims and strike with notice. The majority of homes still have no CO detectors to warn us of the dangerous awaiting. In January 2007, the State of Illinois has mandated that every home shall have a CO Detector within 15 foot of any bedroom. An act that should probably be followed by other states as well.

Take for example…Cooking. If you're like most people, having the right cooking utensils are a must. Of course, you need to have non-stick products for cooking that makes cleanup a breeze. But did you know, that Polytetraflouethylene cannot be used around your pet birds? What is this you say? Theses are products known by the brand names Teflon, Silverstone, Fluron, Supra, Excalibur, Xylon, Duracoat, and T-Fal just to name a few. Their fumes are deadly for the birds.

Toxic Mold pollens in the homes and workplaces cause severe and deadly health problems to our lungs. No to mention the structural damage it can cause. You may have heard of this in the news lately. People are being harmed by contaminants inside their own homes. Toxic Mold is a fungus that spreads itself by releasing tiny spores into the air. They land on all kings of objects and begin to grow. They produce hazardous by-products. These by-products are known as mycotoxins. These toxins are believed to cause memory loss and severe lung problems in small child and the elderly. Although most people with asthma are quick to react to these molds, even healthy people have developed severe health conditions as a result of their exposure.

Food allergies in our food supplies pose potential hazards. Have you had an unusual reaction to something you've eaten lately? It could very well have been that your immune system was trying to protect you from something that was toxic. These allergic reactions can cause severe illness and in extreme cases, death. If you suspect that you have such a problem, it's important to contact your physician right away. He'll need to determine through testing, what may be the root of the problem (No pun intended). Allergic reactions can occur within minutes to an hour. Unfortunately, many people discover these things out by accident and in a hard way. But if they do happen, you need to know what causes them so to avoid them in the future. After all, if you don't always know the ingredients in the recipes at a restaurant. Why put yourself in harms way unnecessarily.

Our Drinking Water supplies contain so many chemicals like Fluoride which is known to cause cancer and other related diseases. The harmful effects of Fluoride used in insecticides, roach killers, and yes even in our water supplies causes severe chronic problems. As little as a tenth of an ounce of fluoride will cause death. It is more poisonous than Lead and slightly less poisonous than arsenic. We even ingest it from our toothpastes, mouthwashes and even dispensed in pills or drops.

Then there comes health related issues like:

· Blood Pressure · Staff Infection · Diabetes · Depression Disorders · Sleep Deprivation · Heart Disease · Cancer

Over the years, we have become a society of abusers. Got a cold …take an antibiotic. So much so, that now medical practitioners are discovering that there are many conditions now becoming immune to antibiotics. Their helpful effects are disappearing.

It's Time To Wake Up! At what point do we stop and take a look at those things that are causing us so much harm? It seems to be a never-ending trail of silent killers. First, we must identify those predators and then take steps to avoid or eliminate them from our lives.

These threats are REAL! Millions of people are victimized by these SILENT KILLERS world-wide every year.

Related Tags: health, healthcare, food allergies, carbon monoxide, silent killers, toxic mold

To get additional information about Silent Killers and other information of dangers in and around your home, you may subscribe to a FREE Newsletter entitled "IntruderAlertEzine" published by a 30+ year veteran of Law Enforcement and the Electronic Alarm Industry.

Ken Burnett Publisher - Intruder Alert Ezine

Author: Consumer's Guide To Home Security

Professional Home Security Secrets-Revealed

Founder: Security Broadcast Network

"The Professional Security Industry's Web Talk Radio Show"

Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles

© The article above is copyrighted by it's author. You're allowed to distribute this work according to the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs license.

Recent articles in this category:

Most viewed articles in this category: