Finding A Teeth Whitening Solution That Works
As we age, the paint on our automobiles gets dull and if you take a look, you will find the finish on your teeth also has taken a beating. It's natural for your teeth to wear down the enamel and become dull, discolored and stained.
The great news is that with the advent of the Web, it's possible to review all the different types of whitening solutions on the market without leaving the comfort of your home.
Let's take a quick look at some of the ways you can quickly get whiter and brighter teeth.
1. Mouthwashes and solutions. These products have been around for quite awhile and are considered more of a maintenance product than an actual teeth whitening solution. While they may be fine for keeping your teeth looking great, these quick mouthwash products don't stay on your teeth long enough to be truly effective.
2. Over the counter products. These are the paint on products found at your local drugstore. Another popular product are white strips that are placed on the front teeth. While you may have 25 or more teeth, these products only whiten the front 12 or so teeth structures. While convenient, you cannot expect too much whitening on seriously stained tooth enamel
3. Home do-it-yourself kits. These products, although more expensive than local drugstore offerings, do a much better job of whitening and brightening your teeth. Available on the Internet from a variety of sources, these carbamide peroxide-based products offer a quick, low cost way to a brighter smile. Care should be taken to get a product with no more than 22% carbamide peroxide. Anything stronger, and you run the risk of damaging teeth and gums
4. Professional teeth whitening. Professional teeth whitening is now done at many of your local dentist offices and also at specialty teeth whitening salons. Products such as zoom teeth whitening offered by your dental professional can remove many of the most stubborn stains and discolorations. While much more expensive than any of the other solutions, professional teeth whitening does have the benefit of more effectively whitening and brightening tooth enamel than anything else available.
The great majority of tooth whitening products will fall into one of these four categories. While some dentists may offer home teeth whitening kits, these are usually no better than product you can get over the Web. Ordering your supplies directly from your dentist however, offers the benefit of not only a local source, but also someone who has a vested interest in your satisfaction.
In the end, the trade-off is quite simple to understand. If you want the best teeth whitening experience available in the shortest amount of time, go with the professional teeth whitening even though it's much more expensive.
If your interest is only in keeping your teeth brightness from becoming worse, many of the over-the-counter and even mouthwash products would suit your needs.
Related Tags: white teeth, teeth whitening products, teeth whitener, home teeth whitening, teeth whitening kits
Abigail Franks has done extensive research on teeth whitening. visit her site for more information on having whiter teeth and teeth whitening products Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- How Safe Are Prescription Topical Non - Steroidal Drugs... Particularly in the Elderly?
The treatment of osteoarthritis, to date, is essentially palliative.Osteoarthritis is a degenerative
- The Biggest Acne Myths Dispelled
Acne scars are sort of like being hit while you are down. First you live with the misery of the init
- Natural Cure For Eczema - Become Eczema Free, The Natural Way!
When it comes to eczema, doctors' tend to have little advice to offer other than using creams and lo
- Childhood Obesity Cured With Hypnosis
It is very unfortunate when a child is suffering from obesity. It is a very major medical problem th
- Children Changing With Hypnosis
The challenges we face everyday in the world may cause difficulties in life for not only adults, but
- Don't Suffer in Silence - Remove Your Warts and All
Many people suffer with skin conditions that can leave them worried, scared and feeling like they co
- Treat Red and Irritated Skin Easily
Wash your skin with a gentle cleanser, apply a cold compress, soak in a warm oatmeal bath, apply Alo
- How to Effectively Treat Stretch Marks to Diminish Them
Stretch marks or striae appear as red or purple marks on the skin and are actually a form of scarrin
- Medicine: A Science and Art
Medicine is all about dealing with the healing human ailments. It is both a science as well as art a
- Six Important Facts About Babesia
Babesia, which causes Babesiosis, generally requires two hosts throughout its lifespan. It originate
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Sinus Headache Relief
Sinus headache is a result of inflammation in the passage behind the cheeks, nose and eyes. It cause
- Simple Lifestyle Changes That Can Help You Get Rid Of Acne
As anyone who has ever suffered knows, acne can be a debilitating condition, causing humiliation and
- Acne Treatment For Children
Acne is a very common thing for children and adolescents especially between the ages of nine and sev
- Coping With An Ileostomy Due To Crohns Disease
Crohn's sufferers that have constipation due to a stricture, have a severe case of Crohn's that may
- Are There Home Remedies For Acid Reflux?
Acid Reflux or heart burn as it is commonly called is a very unpleasant condition in which the liqui
- How To Relieve Sinus Pressure
Swollen, inflamed sinuses are, to put it mildly, very uncomfortable. Sinuses get infected and inflam
- The Pain Of The Psoriasis Patient
Psoriasis is one of the most difficult diseases people have to deal with, effecting many areas in th
- Lipitor Memory Loss: When Memories Vanish, What Can You Do?
Lipitor memory loss has been experienced by patients taking this statin medication to reduce cholest
- Are Discount Vitamins For Everyone?
And the news is --- discount vitamins really are for just about everyone! Young, old, male, female,
- Are Pharmaceutical Sales Reps Really Needed?
Aside from a few free samples, some cheap pens and calendars, or maybe a sweet magnet to put on your