How To Buy Cheap Cars
There are a number of seized car auctions held in various places every month or at least quarterly. Usually, these special auctions are sponsored or put by the federal, state or local governments, and in some cases by law enforcement agencies.
There are a variety of ways on how the seized cars were put to the possession of the government. The most common and the most logical reason or explanation would be that these cars were previously owned by bad people, or those who violated laws or breached regulations.
Sometimes, cars sold at government auctions are actually old cars of government offices, which might have bought newer cars to replace the older ones.
People frequent government seized car auctions because they want to buy used or second hand cars at bargain prices. Indeed, they do get discounts, but buying seized cars could also be a gamble in itself.
Here are some helpful guidelines or tips on how you could effectively buy seized cars at government auctions.
1. To find such auctions, you should do a little leg work. Make inquiries or ask your local government about any auction that would take place. Check out the newspapers for postings and announcements.
2. Do your homework. Before buying seized cars at government auctions, it would advisable that you first do a little run down or research about the car you are planning to buy. By this, it means you should define your preferences and needs by knowing exactly the type of car you want and at what price range.
3. Research or ask experts about the value of the car you are eyeing at the government auction to determine whether the tag price is reasonable. Also try to know the seized vehicle's vehicle identification number or VIN and the mileage. The auction's administrators should know more about these facts and should readily give them to you.
4. Most of the seized car auctions run a preview of the seized cars for sale at least two days before the actual auction. This is the time when you can get really close to fully inspecting the vehicle.
5. When buying seized cars at government auctions, inspect the car very carefully. If you are not that familiar or if you are not really an expert in scrutinizing and eye-testing second-hand cars, try to bring in an expert or a mechanic at the auction. By doing so, the inspection would be accurate and you can be sure the price you would be paying, if ever you win the bidding process, is worth it.
6. Government auctions are still auctions. That means, people go there and bid against each other. If you want a seized car badly, chances are, there are also other people out there who also want the car so badly that they are willing to bid higher to make sure they get what they want. In cases like that, do not overbid. You might end up buying overpriced used car. That would not be really practical.
7. Prices for seized cars sold at government auctions vary and change from time to time depending on the currently winning bid. Maintain your focus, and eye for other cars, if your initially preferred car would be a little overpriced.
Overall, government auctions for seized cars are attractive and practical events help people acquire cars at discounted and practical prices. Just be sure you keep your head focused and thinking analytically while being immersed in the process.
Auctions can be a little thrilling most of the time, but in the end, people who buy at real bargains are the real winners.
Related Tags: car auctions, auto auctions, seized cars, seized autos, car repos, auto repos
Conquering Stress by Chris Green Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Improve the Value of Your Truck With a Truck Bed Cover
If you are a truck owner and are looking for a way to increase the value and also protect your inves
- An Overview of Emergency Road Services
Anyone that owns a vehicle definitely understands that there are truly countless facets of driving a
- Buying From Car and Truck Auctions in Canada
Buying a vehicle from an auction can be a good way to pick up a bargain as long as you know what you
- 2011 Green Car Of The Year- Who's In It To Win It!
The Green Car of the Year award is a program designed by Green Car Jouranl to recognize and honor ve
- Honda's 2010 Odyssey is Efficient, Practical and Convenient
If you are looking for a minivan that has a seating capacity of up to eight persons and handles almo
- Greener Trucks For Delivery Work
Green' is a word you'll hear a lot when it comes to transportation, from bicycles to buses - but you
- The Courier and Haute Couture
Some jobs just ooze opportunity to flaunt yourself and show off your latest togs but sadly that's ra
- All-New 2011 Toyota Camry
The Toyota Camry has been a continuous leader for years in the family midsize sedan class by being a
- The Various Benefits Of Summer Tires
As you probably know , different tires are optimized for different conditions. Not only that, someth
- A Couple of Tips on Buying a Used Cars in Toronto
If your old car has finally kicked the bucket and you need to get yourself a new mode of transport t
Most viewed articles in this category:
- How to Remove Window Tint
Applying tinting film to car or household windows may be fun, but removing it can be tricky if yo
- Transporting Your Car
If you are relocating to another state or another country for employment or family reasons, you may
- Choosing The Right Sticker For The Motorcycle Helmet
When people decide to buy a motorcycle, the dealer will usually throw in a helmet. This is because s
- Suzuki's 2007 Xl7, “wave” Grand Vitara Debuts at the 2007 Scias
In the news: American Suzuki Motor Corporation has presented its array of cars and SUVs at the 2007
- Nissan Skyline GTR: A Racer That Is Affordable
If you've ever eyed a Porsche 911 or a Ferrari Testarossa, but thought the price was too steep, the
- Federal Agencies Expands Hybrid Fleet
Three federal agencies in Kansas recently added hybrid vehicles to their fleet. The hybrid vehicles
- New Cars, New Gadgets Presented at the 2007 Naias
The 2007 North American International Auto Show has become an event of glamour, fashion and technolo
- Aura Green Line Added to 3 Federal Fleets in Kansas
Three Kansas City area federal agencies added Monday the new 2007 Saturn Aura Green Line hybrid vehi
- Top Vehicles by Autoweek Editors Honored at 2007 Naias
Everybody has favorites. Bill may like Ford cars. Susan may be attracted much by the power of pi
- Audi Unveils V12 Tdi, Expands Product Portfolio in India
Audi has unveiled its new V12 TDI turbodiesel at the 2007 North American Auto Show in Detroit. The