Setting Up a Decorative Painting Portfolio - How Do You Do It?
Portfolios can be set up using photo albums or the spiral-bound portfolios found in art or office supply stores. They should be in book form, rather than loose pages.
You should be very creative with your portfolio as it's your personal "calling card". It should reflect your talents. For a unique touch you could hand paint or faux finish the background pages and then mount your pictures overtop. Let your imagination run wild. However, don't lose site of the professional image that you are trying to convey.
If you find that you are lacking in amount of photos available for your portfolio, you could use pictures taken from magazines. However, you need to ensure that you really are able to do the design from the magazine to avoid problems at the end of the job so make sure you practice the finish on foam core boards first.
You can also set up your portfolio online. A great web site to do this is at Picturetrail.com. You can have up to ten albums divided up into categories. You could sort them by types such as: faux finishing, murals, borders, stenciling, One Stroke painting, etc. Another option is to sort the albums by rooms you've done such as bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens, dens, bathrooms, etc.
Include your Picturetrail web address on your business cards as well as on all your advertising and you have an online portfolio that can be viewed by anyone 24/7 with Internet access.
Setting up a professional portfolio, whether physical or online will be your calling card so make it as beautiful as possible.
Related Tags: faux finish, murals, wall painting, painting business, one stroke, donna dewberry
To find out more about how to start a bookkeeping business click here.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- 8 Differences Between Traditional Businessmen And Entrepreneurs
The difference between traditional businessmen and entrepreneurs is not huge-it could be a thin-line
- Airless Container Packaging Technology
The choice of an airless container wasn't an impulsive decision for many brand marketers nowadays. T
- Laser Processing Of Metals
You may have known that lasers produce very powerful and exact beams of light. As a result, they can
- Titanium Metal Powder
Have you ever thought about that how a heavy aircraft can fly high in the air without falling to the
- Race To Icd-10 In Healthcare Outsourcing
Healthcare organizations are running a race against time to achieve ICD-10 compliance in medical bil
- Benefits Of Tig Welding Machines - The Leading Special Welding Machines
The TIG welding process allows a welder exacts controls which result in a clean weld blob. TIG weldi
- Full Time It Support Or Flexible It Support?
When you're choosing what type of IT support to take on for your business, it can be tricky to deter
- The Best Sticker Products - Vinyl, Motorcycle & Helmet Stickers
Are you looking for some of the really best sticker printing products? If yes, then it is none other
- Jobs At Home: 5 Practical Tips That Will Help Work-at Home Moms Get Organized
As a work at home mom who has successfully been doing it for quite a while now, I have realized that
- Choose A Right Virtual Assistant Company For Your Staffing Difficulty
If you simply waste your precious time on daily routines that can easily assign to an employee, Virt
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Discover How to Entertain on a Budget
To most people these two words, entertain and budget, are miles apart. But they don't have to be. Wh
- Six Reasons the Merlin Magix is Ideal for your Business
Why the Merlin Magix Phone System Integrated Phone System is ideal as your business phone system
- Indian IT's Off-shore Gains
recent revised guidance of Satyam Computer Services (Satyam), the over $1-billion Indian IT se
- 7 Sure-Fire Time Management Tricks To Get More Done
Do you know why you don't get all the stuff on your to-do list done? Sometimes it's as sim
- How to be Successful in Business
Starting a business and making it work is the primary purpose for having a business to begin with. I
- Home Business Taxes-How To Stop Taxes In Your Home Business From Sneaking Up On You
"Sixty thousand dollars? You guys are joking right?" I had just completed my first year of being fai
- The #1 Small Business Phone System
T h e N o . 1 s m a l l - b u s i n e s s phone s y s t e m . . . s i m p l y p o w e r f u l . . .p
- Training Employees Within A Budget
Businesses have spent a lot on employee training and their development in order to improve sales, cu
- Hollander Consultants Ends 2006 with its Second Highest Year Ever
Hollander Consultants Also has Second Highest 4th Quarter Ever Tualatin, OR: Hollander C
- Getting Ready for a Media Interview
If you're in business, especially if you are doing business on the Internet, the day will come when