Favorite Concert Sold-Out? Here are 5 Ways to Get in Anyway
If you are anything like me, I am sure you have spent more then you care to admit on concert tickets during your earlier formative years. Many of you reading this article may still spend more on concert events then you may care to admit to yourself or your significant other. Unfortunately, concerts nowadays are becoming more and more costly. Most college students and many young professionals are finding it increasingly difficult these days to pay for these tickets, or have to starve the week prior to the event to save up the money required (Ramen Noodles anyone?).
Well listen up young people, this article is for you. Just don't tell your parents. Why should music be so expensive? Well, if you sneak into the concert, it's not. By splitting the cost of concert tickets between the valid ticket holders and those sneaking in, you can lower your cost per person significantly.
Here are the best 5 ways I have found to sneak into a concert, explore them at your own risk:
1. The Stamp - Lots of smaller venues across the country still use the hand stamp to prove that you have paid to get into a concert. Once your hand is stamped you can come and go as many times as you like during the concert. When you are getting your hand stamped always put it on the ticket stand or table that you are getting stamped at. This way the stamp will be clear and have more ink on it than if you had held your hand out in the air. Once your hand it stamped wait 15 to 20 minutes before leaving the venue. Once outside wet the stamp, spit works well, and then press your hand against your friends hand to transfer the stamp. Walk back in casually together and waive your hands in front of the door person to prove you have a valid stamp.
2. Wristbands - Many concerts have decided that wrist bands are an easier way to keep track of groupies. They come in two types, plastic and smooth paper, both are stretchable. This trick, however, requires at least two ticket holders. Once the two valid ticket holders are inside, stretch the band so that it will slide off over your hand. The other person can then take the band outside and give it to the person waiting to sneak in. If the band has stretched so large that it will be obvious, bring tape or a safety pin to hook it under your wrist and walk in with your fingers in your pockets so that the wristband is still showing.
3. Ticket Stubs - Some concerts still rip your ticket when you enter and let you keep half of the ticket. This is the one of the easiest ways to get in. Most people, once they are in a concert do not leave, therefore their tickets stubs get dropped on the floor or in the nearest garbage can. Once in the stadium, look for extra tickets stubs to take back out to your buddies so that they may enter. When returning to the stadium, go in groups of no more than 2 or 3, so as not to be obvious.
4. The Exit/Entrance - There are still quite a few venues out there that have exit doors along the sides or back of the stadium. Some of the older buildings have not yet been equipped with alarm sounding doors; therefore if your friends can coordinate with you and determine where the door on the inside of the stadium opens to the outside of the stadium, you can let them in. This is best done by scoping the concert halls out ahead of time or checking the stadium seating chart on the internet before going to the concert. Plan ahead, trying to coordinate the location from inside a large venue may be difficult,t and you would not want to be walking around the outside of the building so much that you would draw attention to yourself. I suggest doing this 1 person at a time with long intervals in between so as not to draw too much attention to the change of lighting caused by the open door.
5. The Stage Pass - To let in roadies, techies, and other backstage employees many concerts create stage passes so that they will not have to be bothered by security when they enter and exit multiple times during the set up for the concert. A stage pass can be created by purchasing standard laminate. Create your own stage pass by printing out the bands current album or tour logo and laminating it yourself. Check e-bay to see if anyone is selling their old passes for collector's items to get an idea of what yours should look like. This pass works best if you arrive early for the concert when crews are still setting up and lots of people are coming and going. Wear plain clothing that does not stand out easily in a crowd, and carry any equipment sitting around to make yourself look like an employee.
The key to sneaking into a concert is attitude. If you believe you should be in there, then you should. If you look like you belong, you do. If you act like it's no big deal, then it's not. If you are nervous, try making a phone call, talking to friends, or looking at the concert program while entering the venue; this will help you to look more nonchalant.
Sneaking into a concert can certainly save you some bucks for the next event. Follow the above steps and save some money for what is most important to struggling college students everywhere...more Ramen Noodles!
Related Tags: jersey boys tickets, concert tickets, how to sneak into a concert, wicked theatre tickets
Casey Markee is a consultant with www.Ticket-Venue.com, one of the internet's premier providers of high-quality tickets to events nationwide. He hates to buy tickets but when he needs Jersey Boy tickets or Wicked musical tickets he only uses Ticket-Venue.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Kids Halloween Party Ideas
Hard to believe Halloween is just around the corner already. This is a very popular holiday especial
- Inexpensive Party Favor Ideas For Party Guests
The cost of a gift is not the most important, but rather the thought behind it. There are different
- The Major Benefits of Watching Funny Videos
Funny videos have gained a wide audience all over the world. This is due to the impact it has made i
- Handy Things to Know About Concert Tickets
There are a lot of people that spend time and money going to concerts. This makes knowing the facts
- Travel Magazine And How To Pick Up A Good Copy
Many people enjoy reading magazines. They are a quick read and can be picked up in many locations. M
- Planning the Infamous Holiday Office Party
Ok, so you're in charge of planning the infamous holiday office party. If you've ever seen the TV sh
- How to Choose Songs That Are Suited to Your Voice - So You Always Sound Fantastic!
Hello singers! In this article, you'll learn how to choose songs that compliment your voice… so you
- Host a Professional Halloween Quiz This Halloween
If you are having a bunch of friends around for Halloween, why not give them a Halloween Quiz? If yo
- Discovering How Popular Horror Movies Can Enhance Halloween Fun
Throwing a Halloween party? Why not make it a night with themes from popular horror movies? For, wit
- The Art Of The French Revolution
The art of pre-revolutionary France was decidedly frivolous in its subject matter and deliciously de
Most viewed articles in this category:
- The Complete Defenition of the 3D
3D computer graphics as seen on FaceYourArt.comA 3D rendering with raytracing and ambient occlusion
- Unlimited Movie Downloads Tips - Pick the Best, Dump the Rest
Unlimited movie downloads have made it much easier for busy folks like us to watch our favorite movi
- Get Your Alliance Character To 60 In A Week
You may have looked around on the internet for WoW power leveling guides and come up empty-handed or
- Why Do We Gamble?
Why do People Gamble? Gambling is a past-time activity enjoyed by many people. Some play at hom
- Video Poker (jacks or Better) Tips
Video poker made its entry in the 1970s. It has proven to be a popular form of gaming. Video poker o
- Top 7 Video Games For Children Ages 5 - 8
Many parents worry about the video games available to children today with all the violence. However
- Why I Love Strategy Games
A strategy game is one in which the skills of the play and his decision making combine to influence
- Prison Break's Wentworth Miller: I'm not Gay
In an attempt to put a stop to the lingering gossip and to clarify his name once and for all, Wenthw
- Guys, Valentine's Day will be Heaven or Hell for you...
Guys, I know it's not fashionable to get ahead of yourself for holidays. I don't buy Christmas gift
- Comparing 6 String And 12 String Guitars
6-string or 12-string Acoustic guitar, which should you get? Both have pros and cons, and both are e