3 Steps to Troubleshooting Image Problems on your Laser Printer
3 Steps To Troubleshooting Image Problems On Your Laser Printer
It usually happens at the most inopportune time; when you are printing a very important report. The print starts smudging and the image quality is bad. There are different image quality problems.
· Banding- Horizontal lines through the print job.
· Smudges- An image keeps appearing in a uniform sequence.
· Fades print- The print gets lighter.
1st Step Visually inspect the printer and toner cartridge.
Sometimes something can be inside the printer. Labels can get stuck on the cartridge and fuser. Wipe out the cavity of the printer with a dry cloth. Make sure nothing is inside the printer.
2nd step Change the cartridge.
Many times technicians have gotten a call from a customer that had poor print quality. Usually the first question is, "Have you changed the cartridge?" This is very important because no one wants to pay a technician to show up on-site to change a toner cartridge. (Right?) Once you have determined the toner cartridge was replaced. (I strongly recommend to the person overseeing this step to eyewitness the cartridge being changed.) Many times a technician has showed up on site and... everybody thought somebody else changed the cartridge when, really nobody changed the toner cartridge.
3rd step ½ Page Test
What is a half page test? After inspection of the printer is completed, and toner cartridge is replaced. Put paper into the manual tray and do a test print. When the page is almost all the way in the printer open the lid. This will tell you if the problem happens before the fuser or after the fuser. If the image is still on the page before the fuser after steps 1 & 2 it could be a transfer roller or worse case a board. If the image is not on the page before it gets to the fuser then it could be a fuser problem. Once these steps are completed it is time to make the service call to a service provider of your choice.
Action Printer Repair
Web Page: www.actionprinterrepair.com
Related Tags: laser printer repair, toubleshooting, laser printers
Laser Printer Technician Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- 10 Things Your it Support Provider Should Do for You as Part of a Fully Managed Service Contract
Using an outsourced IT support provider is a smart move for small and medium sized businesses. It en
- The Importance of Choosing a Good Cash Gifting Professional
Today, cash gifting programs can be found all over the Internet. You may have already heard of the
- How International Trading Works in Modern Times
Import and export are terms commonly used when referring to international trade. Trade leads are sm
- How to Write a Non-fiction Book
Do you want to write a fantastically successful non-fiction book? Do you feel you know how to write
- How to Make Money Online for Beginners
How to Make Money Online For Beginners Many people wanted to know if there were ways to make money
- Why Creating Books is Important as a Speaker
As a speaker, you need credibility. The best way to gain credibility is by creating a book or books
- This is the Season to be Jolly!
"Christmas is finally in the air! In Ontario, snow is in thus leaving an air conditioning system to
- International Trading for Small and Medium Sized Businesses
The import export business has been around since the man has started doing business with others. As
- 11 Hindrances to Success in a Cash Gifting Opportunity
A cash gifting activity is initially and intentionally to help others in necessitate. On the other
- Worried About Funeral and Death Support of Your Loved One? Visit Bridgebeyond
Death is no doubt one such word that is enough to bring tears in eyes of everyone. However it is a
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Why you Should Build your Opt-in List?
Copyright © Jagraj Gill http://www.payitforward4profits.com/jaggiegill You've probably heard
- Property Marking for Crime Prevention & Detection
In simple terms, if you want your stolen property returned to, mark it. There are a variety of
- Solve Wood Dust Problems With Industrial Dust Collectors
Wood dust or sawdust is a potential problem in virtually all woodworking applications. In any type
- Blog your Way to the Bank
Haven't you heard about the Blog Marketing Explosion ? Blogs are weblogs, updated weekly or daily. I
- Spanish Healthcare
Whenever we think of healthcare in a foreign land, we immediately think, "will it be expensive and o
- Ten Top Tips to Buying a Property Abroad
We have always known that investing in bricks and mortar is normally the most lucrative and wisest i
- Print Spooler Software Automatically Controls Which Documents are Allowed to Print in Color
Printing in color for approved documents only results in significant TCO reduction If output co
- Bar Owners Dilemma: Smoking or Non-smoking
One of the most heavily debated topics in American society today is smoking in public places. Many
- Non - Woven Textile Market- Array an Introduction
Non-wovens are defined as flat structured fabrics, such as sheets or webs, not made by weaving but b
- The Meeting of Two Seas in the Three Religions
Modern Science has discovered that in the places where two different seas meet up, there is a barrie