4 Major Annoyances at the Gym
Once you have been going to the gym for some time you will start to realise that there are certain things there which annoy you. Some are just minor distractions whilst others can become quite frustrating. In this article I am going to discuss four of the things that annoy me most at the gym.
1) Cell Phoners:- These are the people who chat away on their phones in the middle of their workout. The actual chatting does not annoy me if people chat on the phone without taking up valuable equipment. However, when people talk on the phone and also take up the scarce benches in my gym it starts to get annoying. It gets even worse when people refuse to temporarily vacate the bench whilst they are on the phone. If they want to talk fine but this should not be at the expense of other people's workouts.
2) Starers:- These are the people who do not ask how long you will be using the equipment for and do not ask if they can do alternating sets with you. Instead, they stare at you in silence in the hope that you will abandon the equipment you are using. This can be quite distracting an also rather intimidating. I would be quite happy to share the equipment or do alternating sets if these 'starers' would just come over and ask. However, they never do and instead continue to stand and stare.
3) Bangers:- These are people who bang and clang their weights regularly as they work out. I understand that there are some points during your workout where you will inevitably bang your weights or drop them. However, when it starts to happen regularly it can get very annoying, particularly when everyone of your sets starts to get disrupted with the sound of a huge crash. There is no reason for people to bang their weights down after finishing a set. If they cannot control the weight fully throughout then they should lift a lighter weight.
4) Annoying Music:- This is probably the thing that annoys me most at my gym. They play a type of music which I am not a huge fan of and they play it loudly and constantly. The reason it annoys me so much is that it is inescapable. Everywhere you go in the gym the music is there. I think a much fairer way would be for the gym to play no music and then if people wish to listen to some as they train they can bring their own portable music player.
Exercising is generally a fun process for me. However, like with everything else going to the gym does have its bad points too. Luckily, the positives far outweigh the negatives in this case. I hope you found this article entertaining and enjoyable.
Related Tags: fitness, exercise, exercise fitness, exercise workouts, exercise fitness workout, exercise gym
Tom Parker owns and operates a number of useful fitness resources and websites. The Free Fitness Tips Blog provides you with fantastic, free advice on all aspects of fitness. For more information on my top gym annoyances please visit the Top Fitness Tips blogYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Canadiens Early Season Struggles
Inconsistency has reared its ugly head once again. After a shutout loss to the lowly New Jersey Devi
- Mens Magazine in the Toronto Market
Magazines are wonderful things. They are able to explore their particular area of interest in more d
- They Won the Lottery But Then Lost it All
We all dream about winning the lottery and every time we watch those balls spin we think about what
- Manchester City Imploding
Life changed for Manchester City fans the minute their club was taken over by the ultra wealthy Oil
- Different Types of Sports Water Bottle
If you are an athlete and there is a competition the next day, there are a lot of things to prepare.
- Poker Supplies a Person Needs to Play
There are a lot of people all over the world that enjoy playing poker on a regular basis. There are
- Data on NCAA Football 11 (XBox)
EA Sports has always been the pinnacle for sports video games. The Madden franchise for NFL football
- World Golf Amateur Team Championship 2012
Golf is said to be the game of nobles. Over a period of time, the game has developed into a craze fo
- Will "The Decision" Yield the Result? Lakers, Heat Seen as Likely Finalists
By far the biggest moment in the NBA offseason was the hour-long ESPN special in which LeBron James
- The Evolution of the Game: Table Tennis
Table tennis was probably derived from the game "Royal Tennis," a popular diversion during medieval
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Rainbow, Brown And Brook Trout
Maine fishing has Rainbow, Brown, and Brook trout. Trout are an important part of fishing tradition.
- Gymnastics Floor Music
Over the last decade or two, gymnastics as a sport has undergone considerable changes in the way it
- Texas Holdem Blinds - Understanding Blinds In Texas Hold'em Poker
Posting blinds is a very important aspect of the betting structure of Texas Hold'em poker. It keeps
- Indoor Mobility Scooters
Mobility scooters exclusively provide assistance to physically disabled people, who don't necessaril
- Texas Holdem Tournament - Learn How To Run A Texas Hold'em Tournament
Texas Hold'em is a popular game, so next time you consider hosting a social function at your house w
- The Nfl Channel And The Controversy Surrounding It
If you watch TV, and especially if you are a loyal spectator of the NFL Channel, you might have hear
- Texas Holdem - How To Become Better At Texas Hold'em Poker
If you know the rules, if you know the game, if you know the odds, chances are you'll do well at pok
- Essential Boxing Equipment For Every Boxer
When you are training to become a boxer there are a few very important pieces of boxing equipment th
- Some Advice On How To Stay Motivated To Run
Staying Motivated to Run Do you have a hard time staying motivated to run? There are a lot of thing
- NCAA: Three Good Coaches
There are coaches in each and every type of sport out there, and many of them are good at what they