Buying Limited and Open Edition Prints
Limited editions come in a set number of prints and are signed by the artist. The total number in the edition is written on the front of the print. (2/100 would be the 2nd print in the edition of 100.) The number of prints can range anywhere from as low as 10 up to 250-500. By limiting the quantity, the value of each print increases upon reselling. Once the edition is sold out, no more limited edition prints of that image are produced in that particular size.
Limited edition prints usually come with a Certificate of Authenticity. The Certificate of Authenticity will include the name of the artist, the title of the art, the process, relevant dates, a signature, etc. It will show that the art is authentic. It can be issued from the artist, a dealer of the artist or a publisher of the artist.
Large limited editions generally are signed and numbered but the edition is larger - usually over 500. Because it is a larger edition, the value of the print when reselling is less than it would be for a smaller limited edition. They will also include a Certificate of Authenticity.
Open edition prints are prints created without a limit on how many will be printed. Generally, they are less expensive and are created for images that will be produced in quantity.
Related Tags: limited edition prints, limited edition, limited edition art, limited edition photo
Andrea Sperling is the founder of the online fine art photo gallery for the home called Will It Look Good Over The Sofa. To see her site, visit =>http://WillItLookGoodOverTheSofa.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- A Subject And His Personality
The challenge to all portrait painters is pleasing the beholder as well as having the ability to fix
- A Review Of The 28 Page Free Report "shoot Digital Pics Like The Pros"
There are a lot of fine, relatively recent products coming available to buy daily. A few of these ar
- Night Vision Scope- Explore The Beauty Of Nature In Night Also
Going out for a camp in forests??? Or somewhere?? Not possible to see far of objects or things in th
- Commercial Photography - Photography As A Business
Photography- I guess this won't be a strange word to hear for most of you but commercial photography
- Night Vision Camera Ensuring Your Safety
No one can see anything in darkness. But imagine you are capable enough to do so then what would you
- Looking For A Wedding Photographer In Edinburg?
You've spent sleepless nights to ensure that your wedding day is picture perfect and goes smoothly w
- Cost Effective Wedding Photography
It's the most special day of your life and you've dreamed about this day, since you were a child. Yo
- Hiring A Budget Wedding Photographer?
Wedding Photography accounts for almost 10 % of the entire budget of the wedding. Does this mean tha
- Image Editing:a Must For Advertising Agencies And Publications
When you see any attractive image in any online publication or in print, have you ever thought who t
- How To Guide For Properly Storing Photographs
Photographs are more than just pieces of paper, they are reminders of a life once lived, and cherish
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Matting Fine Art Photographs
Picking the right mat when framing fine art photographs and other pieces of art can enhance the visu
- What Are Giclee and Digital Prints?
Digital images are created from photographs taken with a digital camera or from scanned images. Fine
- 32 Bit Images-Stunning New Style Of Photography
The new version of Photoshop which came out last year offers a whole new feature which allows photog
- Ten Tips For Working With Macro Digital Photography
Macro photography is a fun way to get close up shots look stunning. If you want to get technical, th
- Merging Two or More Images in Photoshop
Have you ever noticed how magazines, newspapers and some web designers are able to combine multiple
- Do You Have A Passion For People Photography?
Well, I'm sure you have a passion for photography and that's why you are reading this article.If you
- What to Look for When Shopping for a Digital Camera
Shopping for digital camera for the first time can be a confusing and daunting experience. With so
- Hong Kong Photographer Stock Photography Royatly Free vs. Licensed
There are two types of licenses for the reproduction of photographs. One is called Traditional Licen
- Stock Photograhy Lesson - Quality Requirements for Online Stock Photograph Sales
Most online stock agencies require that your images be submitted in TIFF or JPEG format at resolutio
- Preparing Artwork For Print
From the moment you wake up in the morning, you read the newspaper, curse the amount of junk mail on