Make Your Website Appeal To International Users
More and more people around the world are using the Internet, and the numbers are increasing everyday. The Internet has become the primary source of information for many, and because of that, web sites have to constantly improve the content and image of their web pages in order to keep users interested in accessing their sites.
What are the measures that should be implemented by web designers in order to make their sites more appealing to users around the world? Here is a list of issues that can be encountered in web design and the necessary action to be considered:
1. Availability of basic featuresFirst, the design of a web site should be compatible to any browser. It should be able to pass HTML and CSS validation tests. Second, web sites should be able to cater to disabled users. This won't be a problem as long as designers adhere to web standards. Third, the process of navigating a web site should be simple enough for all users. No user likes to encounter a new site, and then he or she has to figure out how to navigate around it. Fourth, status bars should be available. It shows the destination of links as the cursor is being moved. The status of the current page is also displayed as it loads.
2. Appearance of the pagesThere are four elements that make up the appearance of a web site. They are the fonts, color, graphics, and writing.
Fonts are not just a matter of personal preference of the user and the designer. The primary importance of font choice is that it affects how fast the users can read the information being presented. Arial fonts are usually recommended over the Times New Roman and the Verdana.
When applying color, it is important that there is enough contrast between background and foreground in order for the content to be readable. To achieve maximum contrast, black text against a white background should be used. Link colors should be established at standard settings.
When it comes to graphics, bear in mind that some pages get too overloaded because of the use of too much images. As much as possible, use graphics only to support the content being presented to users. A lot of people actually have the tendency to shut off the images when browsing for information.
Web designers should remember the distinction between writing for the web and writing for print. Web content should be short and straight to the point.
3. Site performanceThere are three factors that determine the overall performance of a web site. These are speed, tables, and connections.
Since everyone is hankering for more bandwidth, the best that designers can do is to avoid the usage of design that will take up too much bandwidth, because not every user has access to fast Internet connections.
To avoid making the site appear like it takes forever to download, avoid loading putting a whole page inside a table. Instead, divide the page into several tables.
Web designers should not cloud a page with too much items for the simple reason that each item requires a separate browser for the whole page to be downloaded.
4. The occurrence of bugsOf course, no one wants to have bugs in his system. To avoid this, body text should be set up with relative font sizes. One has to consider that there are users out there who have poor eyesight, and they would like to adjust the font sizes through their individual settings in order to read the text more clearly. The relative value recommended for this would be:
In case of URLs, it should be simple and short, containing no punctuation or spaces. Users should be able to copy a URL and paste it into an email message without it being wrapped in multiple lines. To avoid dead links, redirects should be established, in order to avoid the breaking of bookmarks and links.
Web designers should make sure that navigation features will be present at all times, whatever the size of the window the user is using. Browser windows should be maximized when applying design, because not every user will be surfing the Internet in a maximized window.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
Related Tags: website, to, make, your, appeal, international, users
5 Shades Hosting is a successful web hosting provider that has been providing domain registration and affordable web hosting services for individuals and businesses for almost a decade now. Dollar-for-dollar, feature-for-feature, you'll find the best web hosting company right here plus a full Money Back Guarantee, 24/7 Live Support, No Seup Fees and Plans from $5.91/mth. Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Things To Know About Getting Visitors To Your Website
You Must Get Targeted Traffic To Your Business Website, Paid or Free.Let's face it! Without traffic
- Website Designing :better Buck Up For Better Conversion
Slow and steady wins the race. Is it? It may not be true for the realms of offshore web designing. W
- Know Basics Of Websites Before Designing Website For Your Specific Needs
Present is the age of internet and without having an online identity no organization or firm is comp
- Web Design Methodology
Since the budding of the internet the use of web has been increased by leaps and bounds due to boomi
- Indian Php Developers Is Cost-effective Web Development Solutions
PHP is an open source programming language which is used to create customized web development soluti
- Why A Logo
Pictures are a powerful medium of communication; they tend to stick with us. You could forget a line
- 8 Common Web Development Mistakes To Avoid
When you are ready to start with your online business the first thing which comes in front of you is
- Web Design- The Window To A World Of Success
It can take your business to the international level in a quick and easy way. Your website can take
- Only Basements - Perfect Basement Design Ideas In Ottawa And Montreal
An idea can change our lives. Any idea which is constructive offers great benefits. It can be anythi
- A Premium Website Helps In Creating Charisma In The Web World
Websites play a very important role in the advancement of a company. It is your website that forms a
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Why Custom Logo Design Matters-Are You Satisfied
Why custom logo design matters With so many companies competing for the same clients, it's becoming
- Internet Web Page Design
Internet web page design is something we must master if we are to build a successful internet busine
- Is your website innovative? Increase Your Business Over Night!
While studying online for IT investment opportunities, I found that one main factor was constant. Al
- How to Get Profits from Your 404 Page not Found file.
"'Page Not Found' on this Server. Check the URL and try again. Or Refresh the page..."This
- The Psychology of Web Surfers
Here are some things you should know about web surfers: They are busy They
- Advantages of an Online Site Builder
There are numerous choices when it comes to building web sites. One of the first choices you will ha
- How To Create Clear Web Site Graphics (Part 2 of 2)
Web site graphics can spice up your web sites and increase stickability if used correctly.In this ar
- The Title An Accurate And Descriptive Summary
It's the little things that count. The obvious and most times overlooked are usually the most import
- How To Create Clear Web Site Graphics (Part 1 of 2)
Clear web site graphics can spice up your web sites and increase stickability if appropriately used.
- Building Community Websites Equals Success Online
In this article I will discuss how important is it to build community websites rather than straight