How To Improve Your Computer Speed Almost Instantly
- Date: 2007-01-22 - Word Count: 907 Share This!
Probably your computer, even though you bought it last year its no longer that much fast. Like any other machine your computer require maintenance and tweaks of its settings.
You can easily follow these step by step methods to make your computer faster, better and more enjoyable. Once done you can see instant boost in the performance.
Keep in mind that your computer is not a waste bin. You don't throw things inside and wait till its full before you clean it. You harm your computer that way which also means it works much less efficient.
The 6 easy to follow tactics will help you overcome all that.
1. Create folders and sub folders in your hardrive. Usually that is drive C. This way you are treating your computer as a bookshelf, with all books in a specific shelf. You will also find files much more easy this way.
2. Then delete also the unwanted files. These unwanted files can be image files, music downloads, documents, notebook files, folders and the many other different types of files.
These are just there wasting your computer space which result in a slower computer. Click Start, Search and select one of the file types. It maybe pdf, .jpg, .gif. There is a whole list of file types. You can start with the easy files like .gif. In the search box do not type anything, just hit go to start the search.
You will notice a huge list of files, if you search for .gif files they will all be images. Now you can remove any images you don't need making sure that you know what you are deleting. This method will help you find all the unwanted files.
3. How many browsers do you have? Internet explorer, FireFox and did you also download Netscape to try it out? Well, you only use one so you can uninstall the rest. Same goes with all of the software, tools, applications and downloads you don't use. Uninstalling them will free out more space.
Your registry needs to be cleaned if you ever downloaded any files from the Internet. There are tools that help you clean your registry, and you should do this about once a month.
4. Do you still have that huge list of files on your Start button. When I click my Start button you see just 6 menus and about 7 sub menus. Those are all shortcuts which can be easily removed. Right click and delete the ones you don't use. You can always start a program from your hard drive C. To make it easy, click Start, Run and type in C:/ and it takes you to drive C, hit program files and you can open any application from there.
You don't need to keep all those icons neither on your desktop. I have none. You can access them by clicking Start, Run and type in C:/ then click the 'up one folder button' to get to the desktop. Button located next to back and forward buttons.
The Start, Programs menu is there just to help you find your applications very easy. But you still can access them very easy now that you now how to use the Run command C:/
Deleting the My Computer Icon, the My Documents icon won't permanently delete them. They can be accessed from the Run C:/ command. For XP users check out tweakxp.com to get more tweaks.
5. In such extreme cases you can even remove outlook express. If you want to make your computer a lot more faster that is going to help. You can use a free email account, like Gmail.com I personally use it daily and it is professional. Probably you will also realize that it is even much better than Outlook express. You get also instant chat with no need to download any software not even the Google Talk.
Have you got 4 messengers installed? Well, now you can get rid of them all. If you research google you will find that there are messengers which allow you to chat with your MSN contacts, Yahoo and AOL contacts. Instead of having three messengers you need just one. I would suggest you check out which is the best from answers.yahoo.com Get feedback.
6. It is not just the inside but also the outside. When was the last time you cleaned up your keyboard, mouse and monitor surface? At least once a year the tower which contains a fan needs to be cleaned. The fan accumulates dust and a technician has the tools to make it perfect again.
You should always use precaution when cleaning electrical hardware. The keyboard can be cleaned by using a dry cloth. After switching off your computer, remove all keys gently from the keyboard and place them in a jar filled with warm water. You do this only once every 5 months. With the dry cloth or slightly wet you can clean the interior of the keyboard.
The monitor and the mouse need not be opened to be cleaned. You can end up damaging them. A great way to protect your computer from dust, and even other possible damage is to cover it after use. A cover for the monitor, speakers, keyboard and tower. I even cover the mouse.
Your computer is a great tool that works practically lets say like magic. Like anything else though you cannot just switch it on, use it and then turn if off. By learning how to optimize your machine you will improve its performance. It will last longer.
Karl Smith sells the popular software No Adware. You can download a trial now. It is an Adware spyware remover . We recommend his software to remove spyware or adware.
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Fix Printer, Keyboard, Speaker and Monitor Cables With Funky Organizers
There are different types of cables that are used when you have a desktop computer at home. Most of
- The Growing Trend of Asterisk Phone Systems
Truly, businesses are doing everything they can in the economy and competitive world of today to rem
- The Future of Business Intelligence: Innovations in Location Intelligence
In the coming years, many business analysts are predicting that Business Intelligence (BI) will play
- Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition and What Happened to the Unlock Codes
Adobe has long been known as a star in the digital image editing world and the Adobe Photoshop Album
- Choosing the Best Computer For Graphic Design
In the 1980s, desktop publishing came out and graphic designers began to utilize computers for all k
- Versatility of Pocket HD Camcorders
In the era of the do-everything handheld gadget, high def camcorders family seems almost passee. The
- Contemporary Office Furniture
When considering Contemporary Office Furniture there are a few things that you really should conside
- Professional Web Design, Professional Web Designer
There is a lot to consider if you are looking for a Professional Web Design. So let's get to it. Fir
- Cell Phone Protection and Safety For Kids
If your like the millions of parents giving your children a cell phone for safety when their away fr
- Looking For That Smart Pc Workstation And Desk
Do you need a work area at home. Maybe it is just for doing bills. It may be for a community work ar
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Voip Residential Comparison Guide: Evaluating Packet8, Lingo, And Vonage
Voice over internet protocol [internet telephony] is a rapidly growing technological alternative to
- What's The Difference In The Ionic Breeze Quadra?
The Ionic Breeze Quadra is the newer line of ionic breeze units offered by The Sharper Image. These
- Selling World of Warcraft Accounts
Everybody knows that WoW is one of the most exciting MMORPGs ever created. This makes selling WoW ac
- Film Cameras
Film cameras are simple cameras, which could be used by all easily. People prefer to use film camera
- Salesboom SLA-MS Competition
Oh, the irony. Online CRM Services shy away from offering customers a Service Level Agreement. Why t
- The Mosquito Ringtone - The Tone Adults Can't Hear
Without a doubt, the mosquito ringtone is one of the most popular ringtones ever. Good luck trying
- Auto Navigation Systems And Gps Technology While Traveling
If you have managed to do any research on auto navigation systems I'm sure you've come across countl
- Do Cheap iPods Really Exist?
If you know anything about music trends, you know that iPods are the hottest portable music device t
- Online Mobile Phone Offers: Take 10 Minutes To Save £360 On Your Next Mobile Phone Contract
Cash Is Falling Out Of Your Pocket If you live in the UK, you're probably paying line rental on a m
- Hand-Held Metal Detectors
A third style, the Printed Spiral, is made only by Tesoro for use with pulse induction circuitry. It