How to Create a Virtual Grand Opening
Grand openings and ribbon cuttings don't have to be limited to businesses that have retail locations. If your "real estate" is your website and you work out of your home, this great public relations opportunity is available to you as well, although you will have to plan it a bit differently than someone with a brick and mortal location. A few years ago I attended a "ribbon cutting" for a client's new website and had a great time meeting people all over the country on a teleconference bridge line.
Since I'm only a few months away from a new website myself, I wondered how to powerfully take advantage of this wonderful promotional opportunity. I made some posts to some discussion lists to which I belong, and the ideas listed in this article are the results of my information requests.
Here are some ideas to spice up your virtual grand opening/ribbon cutting:
At a minimum you'll need a teleconference bridge line. My favorite one at the moment is Live Free Conferencing, http://freeconferencing.liveoffice.com/, because you can record the call at no extra charge, the bridgeline holds up to 250 callers, the moderator can mute the entire call if needed, and they offer the ability for muted callers to ask a question via their webcontrol panel.
If you'd like more interaction with your visitors, you will want to use webconferencing/virtual conference room software. There are a number of these services out there, so I recommend that you do a search and try and few before deciding on your provider.
If you'd like to invite a group of people to your event, you can use an invitation service like Evite.com, or sent out an HTML invitation to your contact list through your email broadcast service like aWeber.com, EzineDirector.com, ConstantContact.com or an audio postcard through a service like AudioAcrobat.com. In order to have your attendees register for this event, you will need to create a contact form on your website that feeds into your shopping cart or autoresponder service.
1. Virtual ribbon cutting. You can do this via a web cam and actually cut a ribbon that's draped over your monitor which is displaying the home page of your new site and show it via your webinar service/virtual conference room service. Or, you might find an animated graphic of a ribbon cutting and show that via your virtual conference room instead.
2. Have people register for your event and give out door prizes. You can spotlight your business colleagues by requesting door prizes for them. Electronic info products are the easiest door prize to award, as you don't have to mail a physical package to the winner. If some of your door prizes do require mailing, however, you need to request a mailing address from everyone who registers for your event.
3. Hold a teleseminar during the grand opening that's partially educational, partially promotional. You can make a special offer to all those who attend the live call.
4. Give a virtual tour of your new website via webinar/virtual conference room software.
5. Host a roundtable session at your event that permits attendees to give a 30 second commercial of their businesses. Schedule this at the end of your event so that it doesn't detract from your offerings.
6. Hold a scavenger hunt on your site during your grand opening. This hunt creates a reason to have people visit the site and visit multiple pages. Create a 3-5 page report or something that's easy to compile that showcases your expertise and is of value to your visitor for the prize. You might use roll-over images to give clues or find a funny graphic or and hide it in various places throughout your site in obvious and not-so-obvious locations. You could also place audio snippets around your site as well and put clues in those audio files.
7. Sponsor a message board and/or chat room on your site. At specific times post a series of questions, polls, etc. that will make your visitors interact. Ensure that the questions are relevant and of interest to your target market. This will instantly create popularity for your website, as well, for keywords pertinent to your target market.
8. Give away prizes every hour (or every 10-15 minutes for shorter events) and tell your visitors that they have to be present in the webinar room/on the teleconference line to win. Between giveaways, talk about your experience, your offerings, and offer free on-the-spot help for a problem faced by your target market.
1. Post the date and time of opening of your event on CraigsList.com, on the boards for your city/area and surrounding areas.
2. Send out invitations through Evite or though your email broadcast service.
3. If permitted, post the particulars about your event on various lists/discussion groups to which you belong.
4. Send out press release regarding event through online press release services.
5. Create a post about your grand opening/ribbon cutting on your blog and invite attendees to post their comments on your blog
1. Join your local Chamber of Commerce and they will offer to hold a ribbon-cutting for you. For virtual/at home businesses, most chambers will do this in their office rather than your home. Many times a photo or article about the riboon cutting will appear in the local press and in the chamber newsletter.
2. Plan a couple of local talks and/or book or product signings to coincide with your grand opening
3. Send out postcards inviting people to your new website and grand opening and offer them a free gift for dropping by.
4. Send out press releases to your local media regarding any "in-person" events you sponsor during this grand opening time
Grand openings are held to generate good will and begin relationships with business colleagues, current clients, and prospective customers. Now, as the owner of a virtual business, you can foster that same good will by sponsoring a virtual grand opening for your new business or new website and get your new venture in gear.
Related Tags: internet marketing, donna gunter, online business coaching company, grand opening, ribbon cutting, virtual grand opening, virtual ribbon cutting, offline marketing, get more clients online
Online Business Resource Queen (TM) and Online Business Coach Donna Gunter helps self-employed service professionals learn how to automate their businesses, leverage their expertise on the Internet, and get more clients online. To sign up for more FREE tips like these and claim your FREE gift, TurboCharge Your Online Marketing Toolkit, visit her site at Get More Clients Online.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Many Different Content Management Systems Are Available ( Cms)
At this time the rule is that going to the content management system open source and a commercial. H
- Establish Your Credibility Online
Shoppers are now careful these days. They are more conscious that there are fraud sellers lurking on
- Make Money Online Fast - Is It Possible?!
When you see the phrase "make money online fast" you may wonder to yourself, is this for real?! And
- What Is Auto Traffic Avalanche?
Many people is talking about this great tool, and that became an excellent software, that can genera
- Beginners Guide To Blogging
A blog is basically an online journal wherein you can digitally pen down your thoughts, ideas, opini
- Say No To Just Having Enough To Get By...look For Wealth After A Fixed Paycheck
For the last year, I am proud to say that my regular weekly salary was earned through direct deposit
- How Outsourcing Works - Hiring An Outsourced Virtual Assistant
Outsourcing is a proven means of helping businesses cut resource costs while getting the same level
- How, Where Should You Start And Get Paid In Affiliate Marketing?
Before internet, freelance jobs like insurance, network marketing and real estate used to be the onl
- Saratoga Builders Help You Make Informed Decisions
Numerous American central heating designs implement a furnace which blows forced hot air by means of
- Basic Features Of A Good Web Hosting Plan
There are a few features that you should look for when you are picking a good web hosting plan, ther
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Tools for Adsense
If you're just boarding on the AdSense train, and looking to find a quick way to make the profits yo
- Information Products - Your Action Plan
If you've been thinking of writing your own information product, here are a few tips to help you get
- Are You Missing Out On This Method Of Generating Instant Cash?
If you have not yet heard of Bum Marketing, you're missing out. It's a great online marketing metho
- How to Find a Home Based Business Internet Opportunity Thats Right for you
Copyright Â© Jagraj Gill http://www.payitforward4profits.com/jaggiegill Finding the right hom
- Can It Be True? Can You Really Use The Internet to Create Money?
Is it hype? Or is it real? Is dramatized and exaggerated? Or can I really use the internet to cre
- What Is The Hottest Product To Sell Online
After going through a survey from all the internet Guru Alex Mandossian, Armand Morin, Derek Gehl an
- Web Based Employee Time Clock
The power of the internet is in its connectivity. Many people think that the internet is great becau
- Driving Hordes of Traffic to your Site
Getting enough traffic to your site is the overwhelming problem for anyone new to Internet or Affili
- So You Want to Start an Online Business Part Two - Analyzing Keywords
Analyzing Keywords Continuing on from Part One of 'So You Want to Start an Online Business'; we wil
- The Best And Most Effective Ways To Get By Annoying Internet Filters
Throughout the life of the internet, people have had access to immense amounts of information. Natur