Importance of Warming Up Muscles to Get Sexy Flat Stomach and 6 Pack Abs
Important: Please consult your doctor before doing any fitness routine, especially if you have heart, high blood pressure, lung conditions etc.
A gradual warm up is very important before any exercise routine. We should not confuse warm up with stretching.
The difference between warming up and stretching?
Warm up - increases your heart rate and it brings blood to and increases your tissue temperature. When your tissues are warmed up, you can then do stretching. It will be more effectively and safely.
Stretching - Helps to loosen the joints and helps with flexibility and strength. It is important to warm up and then stretch before exercising and can help prevent injuries. It will also reduce muscle soreness.
* It is import to always make sure that your body is properly warmed up before you participate with any exercise or strenuous activity.
* If you encounter any discomfort or pain rather consult a medical practitioner.
* It is a good idea to stretch at the end of your warm-up and after you are finished exercising, to help prevent stiff and sore muscles.
* Avoid stretching of cold muscle(s), since it can lead to injuries.
* Proper posture is always good to have. A awkward back angle or position can cause discomfort.
* Drink water to avoid dehydration.
How to warm up:
Gradually increasing your heart rate, body temperature and breathing rate. When your body is warmed up you will begin to feel warm and start to sweat. Start the warm up lightly and gradually increase the intensity.
Your joints also need to be warmed up. Try jumps, knee lifts, squats, trunk rotations, bending, arm circles and side steps.
Warm up for approximately 10 min.
How to stretch:
* A stretch should be done after a warm up, because the muscles will still be cold.
* Focus on the muscles that you will be using.
Stretch for approximately 5 min.
After you have done a proper warm up and stretching routine you can now start training the muscles you want to focus on. In our case it will be the abdominal muscles.
As we can see that proper warm up and stretching are important, to get a sexy flat stomach and six pack abs.
Related Tags: stretching, flat stomach, warming up, six pack abs, 6 pack abs, 6pack abs, flat tummy
Lawrence Carelse, author of fitness articles. Owner of http://www.6pack.co.zaYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- 3 Day Diet Reviews Forthright Opinion About The Program
Are you considering going on the 3 day diet? Reviews are hard to come by, but I'm going to give you
- 3 Day Chemical Breakdown Diet What It Is And Is Not
The 3 Day Chemical Breakdown Diet has been called by many other names such as the 3 day heart diet,
- The Biggest Lose Weight Program At Jillian Michaels
Although it seems almost unimaginable, nearly incomprehensible, a few people in the United States do
- Essential Marathon Accessories
Short distance runners have an idea of what their essential kit is - trainers, shorts and a vest. A
- Maintaining Health And Fitness With Exercise And Nutrition
Nowadays remaining fit and healthy has become very important. We all lead such a fast-paced life tha
- Flatten Your Stomach Exercising Just Minutes A Day!
Are you missing the flat, six-pack tummy that you had 10 years ago? Or have you been fighting the ba
- Get Rid Of Cellulite With Exercises
Cellulite is a common condition in women; it is not a result of being fat or overweight. Cellulite o
- Why Do I Need A Personal Trainer? (part 2)
Following on from points one to five, we continue to look at why hiring a personal trainer could tra
- Why Do I Need A Personal Trainer? (part 1)
Anything in life worth having takes effort and when it comes to getting the body you want, never has
- How Do I Choose The Best Whey Isolate Easily Guide
As the owner of a supplement company, I get many questions about what makes our Whey isolate better
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Training with Free Weights Will Not Get You Toned
Oh, and Santa Claus DOES exist.Well, it's safe to say both statements above are false.One of the mos
- Can A Treadmill Supercharge Your Life?
You know it. That person staring at you in the mirror knows it. You need to lose weight. But with
- So How Can I Really Get Ripped Abs?
Next to the 'bi's' and 'tri's' in the arms, the next region that almost every body in the gym may se
- When Should I Do My Cardio, Before or After Strength Training?
Friends I actually stumbled on the answer to this in a very interesting, yet eye-opening way.See her
- The Secrets of a Killer Ab Workout
Out of all the body parts that you can exercise, your abs are one of the most important muscle group
- A Good Exercise Routine Is Vital To Your Fitness Quest
At the beginning of every New Year, the local Leisure Centers, Sports Clubs, Gymnasiums, etc etc, ar
- I'm New at Working Out with Weights, Any Suggestions?
The popularity and importance of strength training is becoming more and pronounced wherever the issu
- Choosing the Correct Home Exercise Equipment
Exercise schedules should include three parts: Strength training, aerobic exercise, and flexibility
- Tips and Tricks on How to Exercise
Everyone knows that exercise is necessary for better health and a better sense of well-being. Howeve
- Hey, Some Teenagers Would Like to Pump Iron too
The average male, even from childhood, instinctively knows that perhaps very little else attracts th