Career Articles - Functional Resume - Pros and Cons
Functional resume samples may also come in handy for those who want to state qualifications and or positions held a long time back; for homemakers who took a break to have a baby (or two or three as the case may be) and are looking to rejoin the workforce. Also, in the event where one's last job reference was not the best one, one may want to take the help of a functional resume template. This can help to highlight other, more favorable accomplishments. For the following people a functional resume sample would be the correct choice:
1. Individuals fresh out of college who may not have much job experience to speak of and who would have to highlight their qualifications and other skills instead.
2. People who have worked in several different industries or have had diverse job experiences.
3. Women or men who have taken time off work to bring up children and are looking to reenter the workforce.
4. Individuals from the armed forces who are looking to forge a new career path for themselves.
5. Individuals who were previously engaged in volunteer work.
6. More experienced individuals who may not want to advertise what a long job history they have had.
There are several advantages of a Functional resume template:
1. The qualifications of those that had a career break or a career switch appear to make much more sense in a functional resume as against a chronological resume.
2. One may or may not have sufficient experience but may have the skills to make up for that. A functional resume can try to redress this imbalance.
3. The skills that a chronological resume may not be able to highlight are able to be emphasized in a functional resume.
4. A functional resume is very useful for someone who is looking to switch tracks, professionally speaking, who may be looking to get into a different niche or separate industry altogether.
There are these limitations of a functional resume however:
1. Some employers do not like a functional resume; they find it rather difficult to interpret.
2. Some employers find that a functional resume does not give them the whole picture so to speak.
3. Many employers are more interested in one's experience or the organizations that one has previously been employed with.
4. A functional resume may sometimes appear as though an attempt has been made to gloss over certain less fortunate details. It could seem that some of the less flattering details have been left behind.
For these reasons, some employers or recruiters may be somewhat suspicious of the functional resume.
Need free resume templates? You can find free ones here for accounting resumes, banking resumes and many more.
Related Tags: money, company, resume, free, business, career, work, job, income, industry, interview, earn, resumes, profession, sample, samples, examples
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The Glamorous Indian Wedding Gowns
Every woman wants to have a special wedding day with his knight and shining armor. She wants to have
- Weaponry From Hawaii
Much of ancient Hawaiian history remains unknown, from the legend of the tiki Gods to where the peop
- Islamic Wedding Traditions
There is a tremendous cultural diversity within the Islamic world. This diversity is also reflected
- Eastern Philosophy: A Primer
The Western world has taken a great interest in Eastern philosophy. Whether your interest was sparke
- Interior Design Articles - Canvas Floater Frames For Your Fine Artwork
You have finished your most recent piece of fine artwork, and now it is time to find the perfect pic
- Art and Culture Articles - Electronic Photography Backdrops
Historical past Of The Acoustic Six string Acoustic GuitarAcoustic six string generally include the
- Art and Culture Articles - History Of The Acoustic Six string
Background Of The Acoustic Acoustic guitar Acoustic Acoustic guitarAcoustic acoustic guitar normally
- Health Articles - Does Getting a Tattoo Hurt?
You got to get a tattoo and you get cold feet at the last minute. Do you believe that getting inked
- Art and Culture Articles - Relive The Golden Years With Vintage Travel Posters!
Vintage travel posters have become an immensely popular theme for poster collection today. In an era
- Art and Culture Articles - Photo Canvas Art - Adding Aesthetic Value and Longevity to Your Favorite Images
Canvas prints have since always been cherished for their rich aesthetic value and longevity they imp
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Taking A Wine Tour On A Bicycle
While some people prefer a guided bus tour of wineries, or even hiking through the vineyards, most w
- Ancient History Of Spain
If you will be spending a fair amount of time visiting or living in the country, you will want to ha
- Free Feng Shui Tips To Enhance Your Love, Career, And Wealth Luck
Build the life you always wanted! Make your living and working environment inviting, stimulating and
- Golf Clinics
Generally, there are two reasons to go to a health clinic. These two reasons are treatment and preve
- Hip Hop Jewelry: From Rap Culture To Mainstream
Hip Hop jewelry has always been very popular in the rap community and with pro athletes and this was
- Celtic Origins
Celtic origins are truly unknown. There is language and linguistic evidence that the people known as
- Christmas In Austria
In Austria Christmas begins on the feast of St. Nicholas. St. Nicholas is the historical 'Santa'. He
- The Perfect Christmas Gift
What is the Christmas all about? Many would have us believe that Christmas is about getting gifts an
- The Enchanting And Beautiful Dance Called Ballet
Ballet is an art and it is different from other dance forms. Ballet is a specific dance form and tec
- The Good And Bad Characteristics Of A Baby Boomer
Every individual is unique in his own way. This makes him different from anyone else. Even brothers