Five Holiday Sales Blunders to Avoid
Half of retailers' yearly sales typically depend on holiday sales. Holiday sales can actually make up as much as 75 percent of annual profits. Since holiday sales have the potential to make up so much of your profits, it's important to understand how to effectively draw people in at these times.
Today, consumers have many choices to fulfill their holiday needs and wants. They can shop online, browse stores and Web sites for the best deals and can order from catalogs, phone or the internet. The weeks leading up to Thanksgiving and Christmas are the time to get your products out there for everyone to peruse. You need to let people know your name by printing custom greeting cards, and sending those print greeting cards in an envelope that's customized to your business. That's right - even your envelope printing budget needs to be addressed for the season!
There are many mistakes that can be avoided to ensure that the next holiday season is your best sales season yet. Read on to make sure you avoid these sales blunders around the holidays.
1. Don't rely on discounts to draw people in. Many businesses think that the way to compete around the holidays is to slash prices. But slashing prices, particularly if you do it early in the season, only slows your annual sales because customers will only shop at this time of year. If they know big discounts are coming, they'll wait for them. And of course, discounts will dip into your profits.
So, what should you rely on? Good ol' customer service. Ensure that all customers are waited on promptly and that you have enough staff on hand to help customers as needed. People will remember next year that they got in and got out of your store with no hassle and with help from your team. You can even print greeting cards fairly cheaply and include them in your bags for customers to take home. The customer can either keep the card, if you've used a custom greeting card, or can use it to send out to relatives or friends.
2. Cutting your holiday advertising budget. With all the online advertising and cheap greeting card printing options, you have no reason to cut your holiday advertising budget. You just need to use what you have wisely. Television and radio are expensive, and are no longer the hot channels to get your message out. Research the kind of marketing that has built results for your competitors or other businesses like yours.
3. Only marketing to certain customers. Don't hold back your marketing tactics to only customers that are big-ticket purchasers. All sales count, and the people that don't buy much during the year could end up buying the lion's share during the holidays! Don't lessen your effort to reach them. Along those lines, if you have customers that only shop online or that only shop in the store, be sure to get your message to both types of customers. Use greeting card printing as a tactic to reach all your customers - send each customer a card and use envelope printing services to convey a holiday message on the inside and out.
4. Ignoring customer feedback. What's the point of even asking your customers' opinions if you aren't going to do anything about it? Monitor any emails you get that have questions and try to accommodate the requests or questions by posting answers on your Web site or in your store. Also, don't keep using the same ads if they aren't getting people in the store. If anyone comments on your advertising, use that comment instead of taking offense to it.
5. Don't forget last-minute shoppers. People procrastinate - it's a fact of life. Account for this procrastination in your inventory, your labor and your marketing materials. Plan to have last-minute specials to attract the latecomers into spending their last holiday money in your store instead of your competitors'.
Related Tags: envelope printing, custom greeting cards, greeting card printing, print greeting cards
For comments and inquiries about the article visit: Greeting Card Printing, Custom Greeting Cards and Envelope PrintingYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Marketing And Customer Relationship Management
Send your notice of rent in time, for free. His Craigslist ad rental unit will be available on the s
- Google Fundamentals - Simple Ideas You Need To Know
Google has made easy the lives of many of us by making it possible to search on the internet. But, t
- Rss Feed Marketing Strategy
There never seems to be an end to new marketing buzz words on the internet. You most likely have hea
- Common Mistakes You Should Avoid While Twitter Marketing
A Twitter marketer makes his first mistake by bragging about his products and services. But let's fa
- A Tactical Approach To Social Network Marketing
For many social network marketing involves joining any of the available online communities, making c
- How To Turn Your Website Visitors Into Customers
Some websites only get a dose of the cost from the money they spent on building up the website. Visi
- Content Rich Marketing Strategies For Attorneys
More then just a smartly designed website is essential in today's competitive online market. To succ
- Should You Include Video Seo In Your Seo Techniques?
Orange County SEO experts always look forward to include newer SEO techniques in their process. This
- Internet Network Marketing - Don't Give Up, You May Be Just 3 Feet From Gold!
One of the most common causes of failure in Network Marketing business is people quitting when they
- As Recession Persists Small Businesses Record Success Making Money Online
As the third quarter of the year comes to an end by September, statistics from the 'New York Stock E
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Affiliate Marketing: Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway
It sounds funny to be talking about fear and affiliate marketing in the same sentence. You normall
- John Reese Review: What makes Traffic Secrets, Auction Secrets, and the Reese Report a Success
John Reese is one of the most experienced people working on the net today, and has been getting atte
- Internet Marketing - Selling To Tony
As usual, I was scanning a forum the other day, and the inevitable question arose: What is the best
- MySpace Marketing: How To Distinguish Yourself From The Crowd
When I checked my MySpace Inbox yesterday, one of my "friends" had sent me a message asking "What do
- How To Avoid Internet Marketing Misery
Every day you can read stories about people who have made a fortune online. Being an Internet entrep
- All About Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing is a broad topic that primarily deals with you (the affiliate) selling
- Make Money with Niche Health Content
The health industry is much bigger than the internet marketing industry. Billions are spent each an
- Why Make Money Online
There are so many opportunities on how to make money online. You can start your own business, sell p
- Establishing Your Identity on the Internet
If your business plan involves establishing a personal identity on the Internet, this requires some
- Internet Marketing Consultants And How They Help You Market Your Business Online
An Internet marketing firm can offer the push that any business web site needs to be recognized by t