Seven Ingredients That Identify The Best Skin Care Products
As we age, our skin (epidermis) loses elasticity and becomes less supple. We develop wrinkles, age spots, our skin becomes drier and in need of additional hydration. Finding the best skin care products becomes increasingly important as we age, particularly the anti-aging skin care variety.
As we get older, our body produces less collagen which is necessary to maintain skin elasticity. This deficit is what causes our skin to wrinkle and sag. The skin discoloration that often accompanies aging skin is due to decreased oil production and increased drying of the skin as a result of sebaceous glands that no longer work well.
The purpose of an anti aging skin care regime is to re-hydrate the skin and keep it as youthful as possible for as long as possible.
The commercial skin care industry abounds with anti-aging skin care products and special formulations to revitalize aging skin. However, there are so many anti-wrinkle skin care creams and lotions for mature skin that it can be difficult to sort through them all to find the best preparations.
An effective way to compare brands is to consider their ingredients. If you know what specific ingredients can do for your skin you can read the labels and get a good idea of the likely effectiveness of particular formulations.
Here are seven of the most effective anti-aging skin care ingredients that can be included in facial skin creams:
1. Idebenone - Coenzyme Q10 or CoQ10 (also known as ubiquinone) is a powerful antioxidant which has been chemically synthesized into Idebenone which also has strong antioxidant properties. CoQ10 was synthesized because it was found to reduce the risk of heart disease and free radical damage as well as impeding the development of some nervous system and neurological disorders.
This natural enzyme was synthesized in an attempt to increase its effectiveness. Initially, it was taken internally and was found to increase brain function, energy levels, nerve growth factor and serotonin as well as protecting cells and reducing inflammation. There are no known adverse side effects of using this drug.
More recently, skin care manufacturers tested topical versions of Idebenone on damaged skin and found that it was very effective in preventing and even reversing free radical damage caused by sun exposure, diet and lifestyle. As we age, our body has less ability to fight free radicals so the use of this element and other topical antioxidants in skin care preparations can help the skin cells to regenerate and prevent further deterioration.
2. Edelweiss Extract is another powerful antioxidant which neutralizes free radicals caused by exposure to UV sun rays over time, pollution, and the modern western diet which is high in fats and sugars. Furthermore, it prevents the increase of super oxides which actively promote the aging of skin. It also provides a natural protection against harmful ultraviolet rays also making them excellent additives to sun screens.
Edelweiss extract contains bioflavonoids which help to strengthen blood vessel walls. It is therefore an excellent ingredient for wrinkle reduction creams and lotions.
3. Evening Primrose Oil has been used throughout history to treat a variety of ailments. In particular, it reduces inflammation and heals eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis. Where anti-aging skin care products are concerned, Evening Primrose's ability to reduce skin inflammation is particularly important. The oil of the evening primrose contains seventy eight percent essential fatty acids and is linoleic and gamma linolenic acids. These components maintain the skin's water barrier and nurture the membranes of skin cells.
Deficiency in Essential Fatty Acids can hasten the aging process of the epidermis by reducing the activity of the sebaceous glands, increase the likelihood of acne, eczema and psoriasis, cause the skin to become dehydrated and weaken the skin's surface capillaries. The addition of essential fatty acids in topical preparation and internal medications helps to replace those acids that the body loses and cannot produce on its own.
Consequently, the inclusion of Evening Primrose Oil in antiaging formulas is extremely beneficial as it helps to prevent wrinkles, helps the skin to maintain its shape and texture and slows the effects of time process. The best skin care products are likely to contain it.
4. Shea Butter butter naturally moisturizes and tightens the skin. Like edelweiss extract, it also protects the skin from ultra violet light. It is one of the most effective ingredients found in many age defying skin care products. It is not only a moisturizer that makes wrinkles less noticeable and helps skin to appear smoother, it also improves skin elasticity and suppleness, improves skin tone and removes dry, scaly or rough skin.
This interesting additive contains fatty acids which prevent drying, cracking, wrinkling and burning of the skin in addition to assisting in the regeneration and healing of damaged skin. To be a truly effective ingredient in an anti-wrinkle skin care product, it is recommended that the product contains at least twenty percent of Shea Butter.
5. Vitamin A (Retinol) is another extremely important antioxidant which is particularly beneficial. The small molecular structure of this vitamin allows it to penetrate the skin's epidermis so that it can act to repair damage in the lower layers of skin as well as stimulate them to produce collagen and elastin. It acts to eliminate age spots and improve the pigmentation of the skin.
Vitamin A also helps to regulate the growth of skin cells. Using it topically helps to improve skin elasticity, and smooth skin that is rough, dry or thicker than normal. Retinol is also important for healthy immune function, digestive health and eyesight. Not only should it be included in anti wrinkle creams, it should be taken internally as a nutritional supplement to ensure that aging skin is fully supported.
6. Vitamin E is an antioxidant enhancer and increases the effects of the other antioxidants in an age fighting formulation. It also promotes healing of damaged skin and has been shown to prevent skin cell damage and inhibits the ability of free radicals to damage skin cells.
7. Vitamin C helps to increase collagen production which smooths the skin out and reduces wrinkles. It also improves blood flow which improves the complexion and can enliven dull skin.
If you read the labels on anti-aging formulations carefully and ensure that these ingredients are included, you will be able to distinguish between products and give yourself the best chance of finding the best skin care products to suit your needs.
Related Tags: best skin care products, anti aging skin care product ingredients, anti wrinkle skin care products
Ken Black is the owner of www.Skin-Care-Reviews.com, a website all about skin care. Visit us today for more information on Anti Aging Skin Care Products.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Dental Insurance For Individual Can Be Of Help At Time
Dental problem may cost one a lot of money and pain. But, practicing a reasonable care could decreas
- Personal Trainer For Perfect Health
There is a general misconception that need for a fitness trainer comes for novice or from those who
- Varicose Veins - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
The majority of people after thirty notice the changes that appear with the maturing. In this case t
- Scenar Therapy - Self-treatment Or Healing Partnership
Do you want to learn about a device which will help you to ease your pain? If you get this kind of a
- Scenar - 5 "no, Nos" Of Scenar
Are you fed up with the pain in your body? Various parts of our body seem to ache due to different r
- Scenar Device - 5 Tips On Travelling With Your Scenar (skenar) Device
You might be aware of scenar which has become quite popular these days. This is actually the acronym
- Scenar Therapy - How To Treat Your Pet With Scenar
There are many alternative methods of treatment that are being invented these days. Lots of people a
- Your Options For The Treatment For Appendicitis
Appendicitis is considered to be a surgical illness. Due to its severe character, the treatment for
- How To Choose The Right Copd Medication
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD does not have any cure. But with the help of medicines
- Septic Arthritis: Infectious Agents Penetrate Joints' Spaces
Another major type of arthritis is septic arthritis, which is also known in various terms like: pyog
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Drugs - the Last Alternative for Adhd in Kids
Anyone over the age of thirty who has grown up with ADHD understands that there was not much help av
- Foods To Eat To Gain Weight
Malnutrition has the same degree of problem as obesity. There are people who are too skinny, they fi
- Understanding Postpartum Clothing
The same way most pregnant women dream of the day when they will begin showing for wearing maternity
- Kegel Exercising for Bladder Control and Enhanced Sexual Pleasure
Kegel exercises strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor, thereby improving the urethra and/or rec
- The Use Of Weight Loss Herbs
Nothing has garnered more attention in today's world than the success or failures of weight loss pro
- A Simple Acid Relux Cure
Many people today are afflicted with heartburn. If they eat food that is too spicy, they get heartbu
- Five Effective Household Back Pain Treatments
Back pain treatment comes in lots of forms, from exercise to pain mediction. Standard and most wides
- Herbal Remedies - Can They Cure What Ails You?
You've probably heard about herbal remedies before and how they can treat a variety of health proble
- Natural Relief for Tinnitus - What are your Choices
Natural Relief For Tinnitus - Alternative Options Did you know that there are an estimated 50 t
- Birthing Around the World
Since ancestral times, different cultures showed off different customs and beliefs around the miracl