Sex, Chocolate And Your Best Friend?
It is statistically true that men tend to give women chocolate, however, whether it is for the supposed love properties is an interesting point of conjecture. According to many women (I personally believe them) it is much more romantic to receive flowers instead. Chocolates are an added bonus in these situations.
In Aztec culture Montezuma is reported to have drunk an average 50 goblets of cocoa a day. This was to increase his prowess in lovemaking. 50 cups is not really my cup of tea. Nevertheless, it has long been revered as a food of love.
Chocolate's Medicinal Properties:
Many claims have been made about Cocoa's beneficial medicinal properties, as well as various side effects for those who indulge in eating and drinking of chocolate.
This is not really surprising, we are after all discovering more about out own bodies, and the link between our mood and the foods we eat. What's not so clear, are the actual effects consuming chocolate might (or might not) have on us.
The cocoa bean (Theobroma cacao) gives us the substance Theobromine. This is known to variously affect those who eat or drink chocolates.
· Theobromine is one of the active ingredients in cocoa and chocolate alike. It affects several of the major systems of the body: · The 'central nervous system'. (The brain and it's components) · The 'cardiovascular system'. (The heart and lungs, which is one of the areas scientist now believe is beneficially helped by cocoa.) A current area for debate is the use of chocolate-based medicines in the treatments of coughs. · Theobromine is also said to cause raised blood pressure, as well as inducing vomiting.
Whatever the claims and counter claims of chocolate's promoters and detractors, it is abundantly clear we in the people like chocolate. In Northern Europe individuals consume approx. 15 - 22 lbs of it per annum. Americans consume somewhat less.
Strangely, one of the ancient treatments for emaciation (weight loss) was to drink chocolate. It certainly helps many round the world to do just that.
I can personally testify that I put weight on if I eat large amounts of the stuff. The reason may be that we corrupt the bean with so much fat and sugar that add caloric value, rather than the properties of the beans themselves.
Fantastic Gourmet Chocolates Delivered to your Home
You and Chocolate:
Most sensible people are not concerned about their consumption of chocolate, considering them a luxury. They are usually given by an admirer, or purchased in an impulse to cheer us up after a gruelling day at the office.
Whatever our reasons, we like chocolate's comforting power. Gourmet chocolates are fantastic, as are Swiss, Belgian, Thornton's (my personal favourites) and Hershey's chocolate.
There are increasingly more and more Internet sites, where you can browse the aisles of online Chocolate Malls, in a quest for 24/7 never ending chocolate heaven.
So, as you sit at home, indulging in your latest purchase a word of warning: If you have a dog or other pet.
Don't Ever Feed Them Chocolate!
Let me repeat that!
Don't Ever Feed Them Chocolate!
There are two extremely compelling reasons for this:
a. Theobromine is toxic for animals and can cause serious problems for them. b. If you share your favourite chocolates: THERE'S LESS FOR YOU!
Visit our blogs for further help and free recipes:
The Chocolate Mall Free Recipes & The Mystery Chocolatier Free Recipes
Related Tags: chocolate, swiss, gourmet, chocolatier, aphrodisiac, belgian chocolates, hersheys chocolate
About the Author:
Charles is a dedicated eater of chocolate. He is webmaster of several websites and blogs that promote chocolate: http://the-chocolate-mall.com, http://themysterychocolatier.blogspot.com and http://squidoo.com/chocolate_boxYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Promotional Chocolates Generate Business Opportunities Through Sweets
Various products can be used as promotional products when imprinted with company name, logo, addres
- Dark Chocolate for Heart Health
Medical science is actually telling us to eat dark chocolate for heart health.Â How is this possib
- Cheers for the Catering, Tears for the Graduating!
"Special events should also have extraordinary cuisines. Just like weddings, graduations, baptismal
- Hand Made Chocolates and Flowers
If flowers symbolize passion and love, then chocolates are the very voice of this love. Whether it'
- Get Best Convention Oven Out of the Rest Convection Ovens From Super Toasters!
No one can deny the fact that the application of technology has made the life of the people quite f
- Roaster as Well as Convection Oven and Many Other Extraordinary Deals at Super Toasters:
Cooking appliances play a very major role in our day to day household life. For the life in metro c
- Extraordinary Toasters as Well as Toaster Ovens Only at Super Toasters
The demand and anticipation are two of the dimensions of human nature. People always hope for new c
- Benefits and Risks of Chocolate
Â Chocolate is a psychoactive food. A chocolate comprises a number of raw and processed food and th
- Overindulge in Gourmet Chocolates
Many people spend tons of money on fine wines and often pay an extraordinary amount of money for a s
- Dairy-Free Chocolate for the Best Health Rewards
Research has shown time and time again that eating small portions of dark chocolate may provide nume
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
Enjoy this delicious Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe! Easy to make and is a big hit with those who like
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
This Chocolate éclair cake has been raved about for months! It's really easy to make also!Ingredien
- For The Love Of Chocolate
We may speak different languages in this world but there is one word that transcends all cultures kn
- The Tasty World of Chocloate Brownies
Do you like chocolate brownies? I'm sure that you do, unless you were deprived of it during your chi
- Difference in Chocolate Fudge Candy and Gourmet Chocolate Fudge
Gourmet Chocolate Fudge differs from normal Chocolate Fudge Candy due to the ingredients used and th
- Chocolate Birthday Cake
Take advantage of this fun and easy to prepare Chocolate Birthday Cake! All of the information to m
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
You now have access to an easy to prepare chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe. We hope you enjoy mak
- Natural Chocolate Wonders
Natural chocolate is a perfect hybrid of words and meaning. But recent examinations of the benefits
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Here's a delicious Pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe that is easy to make and receives rave revie
- Indulge Your Taste for Chocolate - Guilt-free
What do you do when you love chocolate but are concerned about the calories, caffeine, and other har