Victim of Identity Theft-What You Need to do Now

by Dale Williams - Date: 2007-03-12 - Word Count: 250 Share This!

The first thing you need to do is if you are a victim of identity theft is to contact your local police and file a report.Then you need to contact your bank and also cancel what credit cards you have.

Next, contact the Social Security Administration office to report a lost Social Security Number. Then contact the the credit report agencies like Equifax to have your account frozen.

The best victim identity theft recommendation is to keep continue fighting charges that are added to your credit reports. Make sure you keep current copies of the credit reports. Make sure that you keep all of your credit card receipts for purchases you make so you will be able to contest any charges that are suspicious on your credit card bills. This will make it easier for you to to your credit card company you are a victim of identity theft. You may need the help of a good identity theft lawyer but most of the work work and record keeping will be done by you and be prepared for a long and hard battle.

Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the world. The biggest problem with identity theft is it can be a lingering problem and the criminals are usually not identified and brought to justice.

To avoid the headaches and financial difficulties it may be wise to take a look at and protect yourself from Identity Theft with this program.

Source: Free Articles from

Related Tags: to, you, identity, now, do, of, need, victim, theft-what

Visit Identity Theft Prevention Guide for articles, tips, and products that will help prevent identity theft.

Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles

© The article above is copyrighted by it's author. You're allowed to distribute this work according to the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs license.

Recent articles in this category:

Most viewed articles in this category: