Size Zero - The New Killer
The problem stems from the images of all the grotesquely thin celebrities who feature in magazines and on web sites. Young girls begin to think the wafer-thin image is the norm, and begin dieting to get down to the desired, size Zero.
Young girls, and as I wrote earlier, maybe not so young women, are damaging their bodies with this extreme dieting, and I want to alert you all to the risks.
When you have lost all your fat, you begin to loose muscle. You become weaker and are always exhausted.
As your body weakens, so does your brain! You will suffer from concentration problems, sleep disturbances and you may develop a chemical imbalance in the brain, which could lead to mental problems. The brain, like the rest of the body, needs calories to survive.
The immune system will become compromised, leading to infections. Your fertility may also be affected, and if you continue dieting, you could forever loose your chance to conceive, because you may enter an early menopause, from which, even if you begin eating normally, you will not recover.
Eventually, extreme dieters loose the desire to eat and then they really are at risk. But what's to be done?
Magazines and websites should not feature these ultra-thin celebrities. They should, instead, feature the female celebs who have not pandered to the image of Size Zero, and men should tell their wives and girlfriends that they don't find thin celebs sexy. I hope this image doesn't continue, because all of the size zero celebrities, and the girls who copy them, are quite literally... DYING!
Related Tags: diet, size, zero, killer
I have a website. It is http://www.myspace.com/marilynswritingYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Newly Discovered Obesity Gene
Scientists have pinpointed the obesity gene, which can be passed from parent to child. Due to the re
- Risks of Eating Disorder During Pregnancy
Any eating disorder is extremely dangerous for the body. Anyone suffering from an eating disorder i
- Heartburn - Is Glutamine a Cure?
The relief and treatment of heartburn, acid reflux, and GERD is a huge billion-dollar-a-year market,
- I Realized That Instead Of Willpower, I Was Stuck With A Whole Bunch Of Won't Power!
Like many other people, I've lived most of my life with an eating disorder. However, I really didn't
- Teen Eating Disorders - What Are The Signs?
Eating disorders mainly occur because of a combination of emotional, physical, and spiritual factors
- Vegan Diet: Eating Healthy Tips
So first of all, you have to educate yourself about being a vegan.1. Know the facts of the vegan die
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Getting Rid of Heartburn
Apple cider vinegar and getting rid of heartburn? The two don't seem to go together. In fact, the th
- An Introduction To Eating Disorders
Eating disorders are among those modern conditions which aren't always taken seriously by the wider
- From Dieting To Anorexia - Can Dieting Lead To Eating Disorders?
Anorexia nervosa is difficult to combat because victims of this eating disorder are not fully aware
- Could Hidden Parasites be Keeping You Fat ?
Horrible parasites may well be the reason that you cannot lose weight now matter what you try
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Eating Disorders - Serious Business
There are four main eating disorders: Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder, and Compulsive Overe
- Anorexia and Bulimia: What Puts The "Die" in Dieting
The media has a powerful influence on trends -- be it fashion, music, or the arts. Media has a huge
- Compulsive Overeating: Spotting Signs and Symptoms
Eating Disorders are usually associated with Anorexia and Bulimia. When someone says "eating disord
- Why Some People Overeat With Gerd
Gerd, or Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, is not so much a disease but a chronic condition that str
- All You Need To Know About Nervous Anorexia - Part Two
How could parents be responsible for their children's Anorexia and how?Studies concerning factors le
- GERD - Medication or Lifestyle Change? Your Choice!
Once your doctor has diagnosed you with acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease you will sta
- All You Need To Know About Nervous Anorexia - Part One
Known as well under the definition of Anorexia Nervosa, this disease tends to be a very often encoun
- Acid Reflux? What Should I Do If I Have One?
If you experience some acid reflux disease symptoms and suspect that you might be suffering from aci
- The Causes of Eating Disorders and Their Symptoms
Most people perceive people with eating disorders as having an obsession with food. However, this p
- Understanding The Characteristics Of Anorexia Nervosa
Anorexia has received a lot of publicity in recent years, but how can you identify if someone you lo