When choosing the right font for your publication, take note of the following useful tips.
Reduce your file size before handoff. Before you save your final publication, ask your printing service if they have any of the fonts that you used in your publication installed in their computer.
If they do have them, you can choose not to embed the fonts that they have when you save your files for your printing service. This reduces the size of your handoff files.
Use true type fonts Although you can use either TrueType fonts or PostScript fonts in your publication, it is best to use only TrueType fonts for two reasons:
1. Microsoft Publisher can embed TrueType fonts in your publication, but not PostScript fonts or other non-TrueType fonts. If you use non-TrueType fonts, you will need to make sure your printer has those fonts, or you need to provide fonts along with your publication.
2. If you use TrueType fonts, your printing service can use all of Publisher's advanced features, such as trapping, to prepare your publication for final printing.
Try to use fonts instead of styles. Use only the fonts installed on your computer instead of formatting fonts with styles, such as Italic or Bold. That is, before you make text bold, check to see whether the bold version of that font is installed on your computer, and use it instead.
Choose and use only high-quality fonts. High-quality fonts provide additional information to printing devices, such as imagesetters. This improves the appearance of text in your printed publication.
Use only a few fonts. Limiting the number of fonts ensures faster printing and a cleaner publication.
Remove unnecessary objects. Remove text and graphics from the scratch area before you save your files for your printing service. This makes it easier for your commercial printing service to work with your files.
The type of font you will be using will mean the difference between having to pay over the required budget and paying less for quality work done.
Florie Lyn Masarate got a flair for reading and writing when she got her first subscription of the school newsletter in kindergarten. She had her first article published on that same newsletter in the third grade.
For comments and inquiries about the article visit http://www.uprinting.com
Recent articles in this category:
- Writing Articles - Write Your Church History Book
Compiling a history of your church into a book can be a great way to raise funds, as well as being a
- Art and Culture Articles - Glamourous Ideas for Great Sexy Holiday Gifts
Giving the gift of a tastefully sexy calendar or glamour photo album of yourself to your loved one i
- Self-publishing is the New Black
Writer's scour around for the perfect ending to their story and sometimes beat around the bush beca
- Get Published: Secrets of the New York Publishing World
Every writer dreams of attracting a lucrative contract from a major New York publishing company. An
- Author of Self Published Book Proposes Guiding Principles for President-elect Obama
Guiding principles for the Obama administration are proposed by book author Edward C. Mendler in Po
- Beware of the Publishing Company Scams
Publish America is one of the publishing companies out of state that promises to fulfill your dream
- About The Maidenhead Locator System
This is not a special system that helps you locate Maidenhead. It is in fact is a scheme used by am
- The Publishing Industry and What You Need To Know
Ten years ago the publishing industry was a very different sphere than it is today. Now however the
- As Content Migrates Online How Does This Effect ADHDvertising?
The tectonic plates of advertising are shifting. With the migration of most traditional media from
- Spirit of Mumbai
City of dream never stops amaizing me,The only city where you do not know your neighbour of 10 year
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Writing Process: One size does not fit all
Developing an individual writing process is a key part of becoming a real writer. If you w
- Many ideas will get you nowhere
You have been in front of the computer trying to go over the details on your mind for a long time an
- What Comprises a Good Graphic Design?
They often mistakenly imply the true essence of having a good graphic design. For some, they may thi
- How to Choose the Best Title for Your Self Published Book
Authors, self publishers and book publishers often spend a lot of time thinking over possible titles
- Printing halftone is all about printing dots
The point in having halftone is to have something to fool the eyes. The tones that people usually ad
- PS - The Wonders of Full-Color Printing
Color printing is everywhere and we see it everyday in our daily lives. Full color printing is the m
- Are you cliche crazy?
Design annuals and guidebooks are written and made available to act as inspiration for those who wan
- How to save money in printing
How to save money on…Printing plates. Metal plates are more expensive, but they can last long
- What You Should Know About Postcards
Here are some of the salient facts about postcard printing and mailing: 1. Repeat postcard mailing i
- Teasing Colors in Printing Services
It sends excitement and thrill that generates more appetite to stare longer and be charmed. Am