What Different Types of Safes Are Available
There are a number of types of business and personal safes on the market, with varied degrees of security.
These consist of:
* Floor or Wall Safes - for protection from theft of valuables and documents: these are rated for time necessary to cut a 6in hole in the door. Many people also use these for storage of important documents or currency; however, a cash rated safe is recommended for large amounts of currency. If it is for storing business tills, it is usually recommended that the time rating is as long as you can afford, in the event of burglary, somebody may see the burglar, or they may give up.
* Fire Safes - UL rated according to how long the interior of the safe stays at 350 degrees in fires that reach an external temperature of 1700 degrees or more. This is an important factor with identification documents, which can be hard to replace without other identification. With increased security due to identity theft and terrorism, it is important to have your important identity documents survive a fire.
* Cash Rating Safes - rated by the amount of cash they hold, with increasing security and safety measures built in to increase as currency levels increase. Cash rating how much cash an insurance company will offer overnight cover, and this can vary between insurance companies and may be higher or lower than the rating. Cash ratings indicate levels of security by such factors as thickness of walls, how the lock and bolt works and barrier materials used.
As a general rule, cash ratings are multiplied by 10 for a non-cash or jewellery rating. As a guide, you can store approximately £10,000 of jewellery in £1000 cash rated safe. High Cash rated safes are normally tested to a Euro Grade specifications, where grading systems start at Grade 0. This grade has a cash rating of £6000.
* Laptop Safes - usually theft or fire safes, to hold laptops to prevent identity and information theft. Laptop Safes are normally data media rated for fire protection that is how long they will protect computer data, whether on laptop, disk or CD, from extreme heat in the event of a fire. Because of identity theft, and the fact many people store bank and credit card accounts on their computers, and some even store passwords, it is important to make sure you have a good theft and fire protection safe, for your laptop and important computer data media.
* Gun safes - to keep your guns safe and away from children or intruders. These safes are normally thin and tall, to accommodate shotguns or muzzleloaders and up to several guns and accessories.
Digital electronic access eliminates the possibility of combination or key entry compromise in the event of safe key theft or combination theft. Digital Electronic Access allows you to change an access code easily and quickly, immediately locking out other users, or terminated employees or possible security breaches.
It is possible to have safes installed into walls or concrete floors, hidden from view. The best way to keep your valuables safe is by installing the right business or personal safe security system for your needs.
Related Tags: safe, safes, fireproof safes, home safes, security safes, safe security, fire proof safes
Derek Rogers is a freelance writer who writes for a number of UK businesses. For Security Safes, he recommends Safe Security Services. Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Lawn Mowers Electric Vs Petrol - Which Is Better?
When searching for the perfect lawn mower, many homeowners find themselves wondering which kind is b
- Popular Types Of Mattresses
It is needless to describe the utility of mattresses for having a sound night's sleep; bed mattresse
- Furniture Sofa Legs - Making The Old Sofa New Again
Home decorators get excited when confronted with an old sofa with a lot of potential. For those who
- Finding The Right Granite For Your Home
The massive amount of options that are available can make choosing the right granite countertop for
- The Truth About Black Mold Toxicity
The term "toxic mold" is not accurate. While certain molds are toxigenic, meaning they can produce t
- Bunk Beds For Older Individuals - Are They Genuinely Worthwhile Acquiring?
Typically people think it a little random when adults get to sleep in loft beds. Nonetheless, in the
- Kitchen Countertop Ideas: Ceramic And Granite
Ceramic tiles for kitchen countertops have become a must have in home buyers' kitchens.Whether you p
- Why Front Door Security Is Important
It is an important aspect to realize the fact that even by having a fully fledged home security syst
- Use Fire Seals On Fire Doors And Save Lives
Basically, a fire door is designed to save lives. This is the reason why there is such a big require
- The Importance Of Front Door Security
The importance of your home's security hinges upon your door's quality and the lock system. For that
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Learn About The Basics of Basement Dehumidifier
Ever wonder how people keep their basement dry? Let me tell you a little secret. With proper air con
- Cable Lock Foundation Repair
Foundation repairs are the most expensive, and sometimes the hardest type of damage to detect. This
- What's Covering Your Windows?
At one time, curtain rods were used for only one purpose – hanging curtains. Today they are mu
- Wooden Railings and Their Many Uses
Wooden railings remain one of the most common types of railings throughout the country. They not onl
- Feng Shui To Greater Luck In This New Year
There are at least six ways to learn Feng Shui Luck. First you must learn and understand the very b
- Adding A Pleasant Marble Coffee Table To Your Home
Usually, the couch or entertainment center get most of the attention in one's house, but there is no
- Scroll Saw Basics
Scroll Saw Basics by Lee Bowman If you are wanting to try your hand at scroll work, a
- How To Clean Wood Furniture
A room full of beautiful wood furniture brings warmth and elegance to any room, however, it's inevit
- Welding And Metalwork: Strength And Function, Part 2
Metalwork is the art of making various objects out of metal. Most metalworkers are also called machi
- The Bahamas Hurricane Shutter
Every year, hurricanes are formed in the ocean and wreak havoc when reaching land. This usually occu