Qualifying for a Home Mortgage Loan
- Date: 2007-05-21 - Word Count: 418 Share This!
Once you decide to shop around for a certain lender, you have officially started the process of a home mortgage loan. However, it doesn't end here. You will then have to sign a purchase contract and undergo through the credit approval process, which verifies your actual income, certain liabilities and your ability to repay the potential loan.
When you are invited for a loan interview, make sure to bring a signed copy of the purchase contract. This contract for your house loan specifies the down payment amount, price of the house and your proposed closing date. Typically, when you apply for a mortgage loan, the lender uses all these information to calculate whether the house you wish to buy could serve as collateral for the money you want to borrow.
Make sure to obtain your credit report and correct possible errors before applying for a home mortgage loan since this information will largely affect your ability to obtain the loan.
In order to be processed for a home mortgage as quickly as possible, remember to complete all the documents virtually all lenders require for the loan process.
For the verification of your income, you need to bring:
* Earning statements (w-2 forms, current pay stubs and tax returns for the past year)
* For self-employed (profit and loss statements and return tax for the past two years)
* Extra income (overtime, commission, veteran benefits, social security, and so on)
For the verification of your assets, you should have obtained:
* List of all bank account numbers (including branch address and checking or savings account statements for the past three months)
* All copies of any title to motor vehicles, which are paid in full.
* List of stocks, investments, and saving bonds (including approximate market value of each)
For the verification of your credit history, you need to bring:
* Copies of credit card statements for the past six months
* List of all consumer debts (including furniture, student or car loans and other co-signed installment loans with the creditor's contact numbers and addresses)
* Evidence or copies of rental payments or mortgage
* Documents of child support or alimony
If you have not established your credit rating, provide the lender with other information showing payment histories. These include utility payments, canceled checks or any recurring obligations.
Having these documents could speed up the process of your home mortgage loan. However, take into account that different lenders may have different information requirements. For this reason, ask your lender in advance about what to bring for your initial home mortgage interview.
Best Home Mortgage Loan Provider
Related Tags: loan, mortgage, mortgage loan, home mortgage, home mortgage loan
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The Secrets to Getting Low Down Payment Car Insurance
Upon purchase of a new car, there is almost always a requirement to buy an auto insurance policy as
- The Wisdom Behind Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
No one in his right mind would not go for a good deal. In fact, everyone is out on their feet and ru
- The Benefits of Auto Insurance Comparisons Florida
Insurance can be expensive. This is something everyone knows about especially in the sunny state of
- Auto Insurance Florida: The No-Fault Policy
There are different kinds of car insurance offered by a wide range of providers today. Different sta
- Finding the Cheapest Auto Insurance Companies
Everyone is asking and searching for the cheapest auto insurance companies available today. Consider
- How do You Compare Private Health Insurance Cover in Australia?
Deciding what is the best and most affordable private health insurance cover can be easy if you take
- How Payment Protection Insurance Was Mis-Sold
For over six years the issue of Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) and how it was mis-sold to custom
- Finding Quotes For Auto Insurance Online
One of the many concerns when you are shopping for auto insurance is being able to get access to quo
- How You Can Find the Best Auto Insurance Online
When it comes to renewing your car insurance you are going to quickly discover that there are a numb
- Guidelines For Searching For Auto Insurance Online
The internet can be a great source of discounts and values related to auto insurance. However, many
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Trading Forex With Pivot Points
Forex Pivot Point Trading are used today by Forex Traders and are calculated on the previous days mo
- Where To Search For Free Grants
Where do you look for free grants? The search must be thorough or it could be an exercise in futilit
- The Connection Between High Blood Pressure and Salt
We are a society of Salt Addicts. It cannot be denied. When you look at the things we do and the pla
- Tips For Avoiding HYIP Scams
Before knowing about HYIP Scams, refer to the functioning of HYIP or "High Yield Investment Programs
- Getting Credit After Bankruptcy
Consumers do not have to live sans credit following a bankruptcy. By following certain steps consume
- Tips For Choosing A Credit Card
Are you looking for that perfect credit card? If so, you may be confused about what exactly to look
- Cheap Car Insurance For Teens Online
Many elements determine a car insurance policy. Car insurance companies look at the person's age, hi
- What Exactly Is Free Grant Money?
You can apply for free grant money from various government agencies. But where exactly does this mon
- Small Business Owners Marketing and Customer Service
Marketing can be time-consuming, but it doesn't have to be hugely expensive now, thanks to the Inter
- Apply Online For A Credit Card - How To Choose A Card?
The best type of credit card for you will be dependant on how you intend to use the credit card. Are