Glass is one of the most significant components present in household and industrial waste. Glass is used in disposable bottles, windows and doors, crockery, and mirrors. Broken glass is commonly referred to as clean flint cullet and has become the most desirable form of glass scrap for recycling. The process of recycling glass is unique and different from other recycling processes. The process involves separation of different colors of glass such as clear, green, and amber glass because different glass colors are not chemically compatible with each other. The heat resistance of glass should also be a key factor in determining the procedure for glass recycling. Glass is collected in cullets and is separated from contaminants, such as rocks and ceramics.
Glass recycling eliminates the need for landfills and incinerators and can be used for making a variety of finished products, such as a variety of household products, windows, and mirrors. Research has shown that about ten to twelve percent of glass waste is recycled in the United States every year. Glass recycling also helps to save a great deal of energy. Experts have concluded that the recycling of two glass bottles saves enough energy to boil water for about five cups of tea.
Glass recycling helps to improve pollution rates and provides raw materials for glass manufacturing industries. It helps to create an eco-friendly environment for future generations.
Related Tags: recycling, waste management and recycling, recycling center, computer recycling
Recycling provides detailed information on Recycling, Waste Management And Recycling, Recycling Center, Computer Recycling and more. Recycling is affiliated with Fundraising Software.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Third Term - The Obasanjo Syndrome ... Ambition and the Place of God
I recently read a post in a blog (multibrand.blogspot.com) concerning President SBY of Indonesia amb
- Black Veterans Still Not Receiving Their Due
With a Black President, many discussions have been re-kindled regarding the treatment of Blacks in v
- Are Green Party Candidates Converting Voters?
Have you noticed that the Green Party Convention is hosting a few training sessions which include th
- The National Debt: Young Americans Are Inheriting a Sinking Ship
The greatest fundamental weakness of the United States of America is its national debt. Debt weighs
- America Must Return to Its Free Market Roots
The United States is the most prosperous country in the world. Its economy has been a constant engin
- Policies Of President Obama And Democratic Congress Severely Undermine Job Opportunities For Young Americans
For Young Americans, this is the worst job market in decades. Despite politicians claiming we are on
- The Virtues Of A Limited Federal Government And Why America Must Return To The Limited Federal Republic Laid Out In The Constitution
I consider the foundation of the Constitution . . . that 'all powers not delegated to the United Sta
- Young Americans Have Largest Stake In Maintaining A Strong Military And Effective Homeland Security Policies
Americans are truly blessed to live in a country protected by the most powerful and effective milita
- Why Hitler Wanted To Ban Guns
Whenever the name Adolf Hitler is mentioned one automatically makes a connection to the Holocaust, N
- What Happened To The Mohave County Downwinders?
I always get a bit frustrated when I hear that the reason Mohave County was excluded from the Radiat
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Designer Shoes Come First In Global Poll Of Most Wanted Accessories
For both men and women, shoes have long been an essential fashion item. In fact, many women in popul
- New US Ambassador for Indonesia Named
The US government has appointed Cameron R. Hume as the next ambassador to Indonesia, reliable source
- 1984 By George Orwell
1984 by George Orwell In the book "1984" Orwell criticizes totalitarianism of all types and brings
- Chaos Theory: Bush's delusions & Iraq's destiny (Part 2)
The classic counter-insurgency strategy of the US consists of the "ink-blotch" approach. This involv
- Will Israel Attack Iran (Part 2)
In November of last year, I wrote an article speculating about whether or not the Israelis would tak
- Rodrigues Island 'autonomy'
Rodrigues Island: 'Autonomy' The first few pages were qui
- Obama Is Coming, Clear The Way!
"Obama biro, yawne yo!" (Obama is coming, clear the way)—Tens of thousands of cheering Luo "Tr
- African Tribes
African Tribes In this article the economies and lifestyles of such African tribes as the Lele and
- This Is Not Your Dad's Republican Party Anymore
Stock markets are strange because they reflect the sum total of all our hopes, fears and prejudices
- How to Drastically Reduce our Foreign Oil Dependency While Saving you Money at the Pump
If you watch or listen to the news, discussions come up all the time about the price of a barrel of