3rd Party Merchant Accounts: Tips To Avoid Costly Chargebacks For Merchants And Buyers
We are human and we do make mistakes from time to time. However as merchants we can take steps to protect our 3rd party merchant accounts by using the following tips.
Five Tips For Merchants
1. Honor refund requests in good time. We know it can be frustrating when less than 24 hours has transpired before the customer requests a refund. Remain neutral and apologetic and remember that the quicker you process the refund the sooner the problem will be over.
2. Always request the address from customers to deter incidences of reversed charges due to possible claims of fraud or unauthorized payments. By doing so you may deter some customers from using this tactic to avoid paying for goods. You can then produce this as evidence that an order was placed with the address file to your 3rd party processor.
3. Make it clear on your terms and somewhere on your sales page or order form what the billing name will appear as on customer statements. This will make it easy for your customers to associate your billing name to your web with your business.
4. Provide clear instruction of your guarantee and refund policy. If for some or products such as private label product sales or similar you do not offer refunds then state this clearly on your sales page and order form. Also check with your 3rd party processor to verify whether a 'No Refunds' statement is permitted under your user agreement prior to launching your product. Otherwise you may find that your customers will feel they have no recourse other than to request a chargeback in these extreme cases.
5. Keep a record of chargebacks as you may find a pattern from certain customers who may request numerous chargeback requests from several merchants. Your 3rd party processor will be alerted to persistent problem buyers and they can work with the card issuing company to report unusual number of chargebacks.
Five Tips For Buyers
1. Don't confuse the Reference ID" number on your credit card statement with your 3rd party merchant account "Transaction ID." This is a common mistake made when cross referencing payments on your credit card statement.
2. Keep up to date with your credit card statements. Print out receipts so that you have a record of all goods purchased. Keep them filed in a safe place for your convenience. This will help you to cross reference payment details when checking against your statement.
3. Contact the merchant first and foremost in any enquiry and only when a matter cannot be resolved should you contact your credit card to make further enquiries on your behalf. Avoid unnecessary chargebacks.
4. Remember that if you are not happy with your order to ask for a replacement or refund. You should be afforded good customer support and your request should be dealt with accordingly
5. If you cannot get a refund then contact your credit card company with evidence that you have made attempts to get a refund.
Unnecessary chargeback fees for merchants due to mistakes or going through the wrong channels are unacceptable.
Remember that chargebacks cost the merchant money and grief. Be considerate and double check all statements and transaction ID's before pointing the finger of blame.
In some cases if you are unhappy with a purchase then you should request a refund. If the merchant is unresponsive or refuses a full or partial refund then you have the right to make a complaint to your credit card issuer for recourse. Ensure that you have a copy of all receipts and written communication as evidence that you have made attempts to resolve the issue with the merchant.
Enjoy your shopping experience online and stay safe with the added protection that comes with buying and selling using your credit card. Online shopping should be a quick and convenient way to buy and sell goods.
We all need to be responsible for our actions and should work together to keep communication between buyer and seller open even when you are not entirely satisfied with your order.
Related Tags: credit, payment, service, chargebacks, provider, card, credit and debit card, merchant accounts
Nancy P Redford shows you how ANYONE can accept credit cards online and offline with 3rd party processing companies. Plus stay safe of online scams. Sign up for her free newsletter at: http://www.miriadz.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Planning A Childs Party
Birthdays are an exciting time for children, each year they want bigger and better parties so it is
- Online Diwali Gifts Shopping Experience
India is a country of festivals. India is truly secular country and enjoys each and every festival e
- E-commerce To Engine Wealth!
It is a fabulous experience to have technology at your side to leverage its advantage to boost the b
- Diwali Is Celebrated Wholeheartedly Over Five Days
The Five days of Diwali is celebrated over five days in most of North India. All the days except Diw
- Create Online Store With Ebay Integration - Get It Ready In A Minute
There are ecommerce websites operational with their 'Create Online Store' feature to help users get
- Methods To Make Extra Income Working Online
With the current economic situation and problems many people are looking for ways to earn extra mone
- Earn Extra Money Online Anytime, Anywhere!
Has the economy got you down to the point of no return? You have looked everywhere for a part-time j
- New Credit Card Validation Service - Issuer Identification Number (iin) Database Lookup
Issuer identification number (IIN) - The first six digits of the credit card number are known as the
- 5 Tips To A User Friendly Ecommerce Web Design
Design of a website plays an important role to attract more number of visitors to it. An eye catchin
- Find Out On When To Offer Your Gadget And Get Your Money's Worthy Of
Let's face it , all gadgets can become outmoded within just a year or 2. A brand new version will be
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Gateway to India - a New Way
Internet craze seems to be catching on in India . From a low internet user base of about 1.4million
- Accepting Credit Cards - Is It Necessary For Your Small Business?
This almost seems as if it is a rhetorical question nowadays. Customers all seem to use their credit
- Important Internet Marketing Tips
There are 10 tips that are helping you to lead your site high: 1: Insulate yourself against t
- What Makes Adsense Work
What does make Adsense work - there are as many ideas as there are theories. Some maintain i
- I'm Going to Use Oscommerce - Now What?
When you decide to go with osCommerce for your e-commerce site, you can simply take their stock layo
- Some Tips On International Business Marketing
Are you planning of economically expanding outside the borders of your native land? Are you thrilled
- Why You Need An Ecommerce Merchant Account
You must obtain an ecommerce merchant account in order for your web site to be able to take payment
- Monetize Blog - Learn the 4 Methods to Make Money From your Blog
There are many ways to make money on the internet, one of that is to monetize blog. Your blog is wha
- Modeling Success
I am on a lot of mailing lists, and like to keep track of what's happening in the Internet M
- The Exciting Future of B2c Ecommerce
Online shopping, b2c ecommerce, is now befitting the central avenue of shopping in the US. Early sho