7 More Exercises To Achieve Firm, Flat & Sexy Abs
14) Long Arm Crunch: Lie on the floor, facing the ceiling and extend your arms over your head along the ground, grasping your hands together over your head. Tighten your abdominal muscles and lift your shoulder blades off the floor. Repeat this twelve to sixteen times.
15) Reverse Crunch: Life on the floor facing the ceiling. Hands may be placed flat on the floor beside you or behind the head. Raise your knees towards your chest until your legs are at a 90 degree angle with your body. Tighten your abdominal muscles to lift your hips off the floor. Lower your body and repeat this process twelve to sixteen times.
16) Vertical Crunch: Lie flat on the floor facing the ceiling with your legs extended upwards. Place your hands behind your head and tighten your abs to lift your shoulders off the ground. Raise your heels towards the ceiling to create a U shape with your body. Lower yourself and repeat the process twelve to sixteen times.
17) Bench Crunch: Lie flat on the floor, facing the ceiling with your legs elevated on a bench or another form of furniture and bent at a ninety degree angle. Hold your hands at your temples or extended down besides your legs. Now, raise your head and shoulders towards your knees whilst lifting your pelvis off the floor. Flew your abdominal muscles at the top of the movement and hold for a moment. Lay back down and repeat this twelve to sixteen times.
18) Leg Tuck: Sit sideways on a bench or some form of furniture, grasping the edge for support with your legs hinging over. Raise your legs slightly and straighten them. Hold this position for a moment then lower your legs. Repeat this process twelve to sixteen times.
19) Upright Sit Up: Stand upright with your back straight and hands clasped behind your head. Proceed to bend at the waist (performing the traditional sit up movement) and straighten up. Repeat this process twelve to sixteen times.
20) Scissor Cuts: Lie flat on the floor, facing the ceiling. Place your arms flat at your sides and lift your legs slightly, crossing one over the over. Hold this position, then lower your legs. Repeat this twelve to sixteen times.
Abdominal work outs should be performed twice a week. It is important to remember to alter your work out every eight weeks to ensure the muscles do not become used to the work out, thus rendering the exercises ineffective.
Before commencing with abdominal exercises, it is important to remember to stretch your abdominal muscles. Do this by lying face down on the floor with your elbows bent and hands positioned beneath your shoulders. Straighten your arms so that your back is arched, ensure your legs remain flat on the ground. Turn your head towards the ceiling and hold this position for a period of ten seconds before lowering yourself back to your starting position.
Related Tags: fitness, abdominal workout, six pack, abdominal exercises, sexy abs, how to get abs, nice abs
Discover how to achieve flat, firm and sexy abs by downloading your free report entitled "From Jiggly Jelly To Fabulously Flat - Turn Your Jelly Belly Into A Six Pack" from http://www.firmupyourabs.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- 3 Day Diet Reviews Forthright Opinion About The Program
Are you considering going on the 3 day diet? Reviews are hard to come by, but I'm going to give you
- 3 Day Chemical Breakdown Diet What It Is And Is Not
The 3 Day Chemical Breakdown Diet has been called by many other names such as the 3 day heart diet,
- The Biggest Lose Weight Program At Jillian Michaels
Although it seems almost unimaginable, nearly incomprehensible, a few people in the United States do
- Essential Marathon Accessories
Short distance runners have an idea of what their essential kit is - trainers, shorts and a vest. A
- Maintaining Health And Fitness With Exercise And Nutrition
Nowadays remaining fit and healthy has become very important. We all lead such a fast-paced life tha
- Flatten Your Stomach Exercising Just Minutes A Day!
Are you missing the flat, six-pack tummy that you had 10 years ago? Or have you been fighting the ba
- Get Rid Of Cellulite With Exercises
Cellulite is a common condition in women; it is not a result of being fat or overweight. Cellulite o
- Why Do I Need A Personal Trainer? (part 2)
Following on from points one to five, we continue to look at why hiring a personal trainer could tra
- Why Do I Need A Personal Trainer? (part 1)
Anything in life worth having takes effort and when it comes to getting the body you want, never has
- How Do I Choose The Best Whey Isolate Easily Guide
As the owner of a supplement company, I get many questions about what makes our Whey isolate better
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Can A Treadmill Supercharge Your Life?
You know it. That person staring at you in the mirror knows it. You need to lose weight. But with
- Training with Free Weights Will Not Get You Toned
Oh, and Santa Claus DOES exist.Well, it's safe to say both statements above are false.One of the mos
- The Secrets of a Killer Ab Workout
Out of all the body parts that you can exercise, your abs are one of the most important muscle group
- When Should I Do My Cardio, Before or After Strength Training?
Friends I actually stumbled on the answer to this in a very interesting, yet eye-opening way.See her
- So How Can I Really Get Ripped Abs?
Next to the 'bi's' and 'tri's' in the arms, the next region that almost every body in the gym may se
- A Good Exercise Routine Is Vital To Your Fitness Quest
At the beginning of every New Year, the local Leisure Centers, Sports Clubs, Gymnasiums, etc etc, ar
- I'm New at Working Out with Weights, Any Suggestions?
The popularity and importance of strength training is becoming more and pronounced wherever the issu
- Choosing the Correct Home Exercise Equipment
Exercise schedules should include three parts: Strength training, aerobic exercise, and flexibility
- Tips and Tricks on How to Exercise
Everyone knows that exercise is necessary for better health and a better sense of well-being. Howeve
- Hey, Some Teenagers Would Like to Pump Iron too
The average male, even from childhood, instinctively knows that perhaps very little else attracts th